Todd Frazier a White Sox?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Reporting three team deal with the Dodgers and the Reds. Sox part with Thompson, Montas, and Micah Johnson. Pretty hefty payment from the White Sox, but it does place Frazier at 3b with Lawrie moving to 2b. Abreu at first and perhaps we are about to start the Anderson era at SS.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/160978...-reds-nearing-deal-involving-todd-frazier.htm

Hefty price to pay, but really Trayce is not an every day MLB OF, Micah apparently still can't field the position. I had high hopes for Montas, but you gotta trade somethign to get something. I like the risk Hahn just took.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is official already, you can delete the question mark

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
The radio people seem to really hate this trade. What do you think Brett, seeing as you're the only Sox fan here.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm sorry for Brett really, he truly loves his WS but here he is always alone, i hope that this trade brings some life here

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The radio people seem to really hate this trade. What do you think Brett, seeing as you're the only Sox fan here.

So, what does this do for the White Sox? Well, like I said, Trayce was not a future piece. I am really unsure what the Dodgers think they are going to do with him. Micah Johnson was our leadoff hitter and starting second baseman last year. It would appear that he is still struggling with the glove.
Montas is the guy they have pegged to be a tweener between a solid 100 MPH reliever or a possible starter. I really liked him on our team a lot more than most. I think the Dodgers see him as that tweener this season with a possible starting role in 2017.

As for the White Sox, we get a reasonably priced AS to play 3b for us. Above average glove and quite a bit of power. It moves Lawrie to 2b with Abreu at first. Salandino, Sanchex and Garcia will battle it out at SS until Anderson is ready to assume the role.

Our infield really made massive strides in improving.

I think the team is back to what can Danks and Johnson provide for the team in the starting pitching department. If Erik has made the turn, I really, really, really like our pitching staff.

If we could land Gordon for the OF and make Avisail our fourth OF, I think the team could contend for a playoff spot.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So I gotta hand it to Hahn. This is now year two of the plan. Next year we'll have nearly $30 million more to play with which is good when we get rid of Danks and LaRoche. I'm coming around on the plan.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
So I gotta hand it to Hahn. This is now year two of the plan. Next year we'll have nearly $30 million more to play with which is good when we get rid of Danks and LaRoche. I'm coming around on the plan.

I hear that. There are things here to be optimistic about for sure. How many wins you think they'll get next season?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Interesting trade for the Sox. It looks like the defense is getting shored up a bit with both Lawrie and Frazier now.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I hear that. There are things here to be optimistic about for sure. How many wins you think they'll get next season?

Boy o boy, the homer and the wallet. The homer says as it sits right now 90 wins. The wallet says we need a bat with plus D in the OF for that to happen. I think right around .500 if the pitching stays healthy. So what I think we won 76 last year so a 5 game improvement over that. Maybe as high as 86 wins. The defense did get better with all of this too.

Let's be honest here. It wouldn't take much to be happy as a White Sox fan, we had a lot to improve upon from last season where basically the entire team had below average years.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Boy o boy, the homer and the wallet. The homer says as it sits right now 90 wins. The wallet says we need a bat with plus D in the OF for that to happen. I think right around .500 if the pitching stays healthy. So what I think we won 76 last year so a 5 game improvement over that. Maybe as high as 86 wins. The defense did get better with all of this too.

Let's be honest here. It wouldn't take much to be happy as a White Sox fan, we had a lot to improve upon from last season where basically the entire team had below average years.

I know the wallet and the homer stuff all too well. Being a Chicago fan my whole life, the Bears were supposed to win the Super Bowl every year since 1999, as well as the Cubs and Bulls winning rings every year as well.

I think anywhere from 75-84 wins in plausible for the Sox.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tremendous news. Good for Hahn. Here he has gotten two good to very good in their prime players both offensively and defensively. With Salidino at short-stop and Peterson in the wings, this infield became ever-so-much better than last years.

I think that Johnson is going to emerge this year as a good young pitcher and then the competition begin for the 5th starter. Maybe Haln can bring the witch doctor Mark back into the fold to replace Danks? And a left handed hitting outfielder and/or catcher would be nice for Santa to deliver. But I am very happy how this off season has progressed. Good job, Hahn!:)

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Any chance the Sox go after a guy like Upton or Cespedes? I haven't been following their offseason at all, but my friend predicted they land one of those 2. I find it hard to believe, but I haven't heard any rumors about either, so a bunch of teams are likely in play.

Nice move for the Sox. Their infield will bash a lot of HR next season. The top of their rotation is good enough to carry them for short periods of time, but outside of Sale and Q there leaves a lot to be desired.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Tremendous news. Good for Hahn. Here he has gotten two good to very good in their prime players both offensively and defensively. With Salidino at short-stop and Peterson in the wings, this infield became ever-so-much better than last years.

I think that Johnson is going to emerge this year as a good young pitcher and then the competition begin for the 5th starter. Maybe Haln can bring the witch doctor Mark back into the fold to replace Danks? And a left handed hitting outfielder and/or catcher would be nice for Santa to deliver. But I am very happy how this off season has progressed. Good job, Hahn!:)

You mean Anderson, right?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Any chance the Sox go after a guy like Upton or Cespedes? I haven't been following their offseason at all, but my friend predicted they land one of those 2. I find it hard to believe, but I haven't heard any rumors about either, so a bunch of teams are likely in play.

Nice move for the Sox. Their infield will bash a lot of HR next season. The top of their rotation is good enough to carry them for short periods of time, but outside of Sale and Q there leaves a lot to be desired.

There are rumors that the Sox are in on the major OF free agents.

What? Rodon is special. Let's see how he progresses. Danks is a bum, but gives probably 5-7 quality starts for a team. Erik Johnson is the next man up and he looks to have a shot. Plus the team is stocked with starting pitchers in the minors. Perhaps top 3-5 teams in all of baseball with that.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Sox tried to land Cespedes at the trade deadline last season. There are reports that the Sox are interested now. That would make me happy. He had a huge role in the run the Mets made last year.

I can live with the price they paid for Frazier because they still have Fullmer and Anderson.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cespedes would be a plus over Garcia but I'd like more of a guy with a better batting average and OBP. I guess I'd be in favor of Upton as a top end of the line-up guy than a guy ike Cespedes i the 6th or 7th spot in the line-up.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right now as the roster stands and no major trades, I can see this team at 86-76 and in the hunt for a wild card spot.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is a good move for the Sox and Cubs. I'm not sad Frazier is out of the division.