Tom Brady traded in 2017?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The Reason Belechik would trade Brady is because Belechik trades away every player "one year early rather than one year late" in order to get
maximum value for that player.

With Garapolo, why would any team, let alone the Bears trade away a 1st round pick, when they can wait 1 year until Garapolo is a free agent.
Osweiller waited 1 year and got paid and chose his destination.
I just think it is stupid for any team to give up a 1st round pick for Garapolo when he has only played 3 games.
Better to keep the pick and use it on a useful player, and then sign Garapolo when he becomes a free agent.

I'm realistically saying that Belechik has almost no leverage in trading Garapolo if no other team competes in trade offers.
If Garapolo leaves a free agent, then Darth Hoodie would have wasted a 2nd round pick for NOTHING, which would be hilarious!

So, the Bears should not trade for Garapolo.
But this comes back to my 1st point: If Belichik wants to keep Garapolo so that he won't look like a fool for wasting a 2nd round pick on a future free agent.
Then, Darth Hoodie might think it is better to keep Garapolo and trade away Tom Brady if another team offers 2 1st rounders.

In conclusion,
Garapolo has done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick trade.
Better to wait 1 year and sign him as a free agent.
A better trade would be to offer 2 first rounders for Tom Brady.
Brady may request a trade to the 49ers or elsewhere if he feels Darth Hoodie is pushing him out.

so use the 1st round pick and draft a QB that has 0 games played?? How is having limited success in the NFL worse then no success at all? I never understood this point people try to make. Yes he has a small sample size but isnt that better then no sample size at all?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The Reason Belechik would trade Brady is because Belechik trades away every player "one year early rather than one year late" in order to get
maximum value for that player.

With Garapolo, why would any team, let alone the Bears trade away a 1st round pick, when they can wait 1 year until Garapolo is a free agent.
Osweiller waited 1 year and got paid and chose his destination.
I just think it is stupid for any team to give up a 1st round pick for Garapolo when he has only played 3 games.
Better to keep the pick and use it on a useful player, and then sign Garapolo when he becomes a free agent.

I'm realistically saying that Belechik has almost no leverage in trading Garapolo if no other team competes in trade offers.
If Garapolo leaves a free agent, then Darth Hoodie would have wasted a 2nd round pick for NOTHING, which would be hilarious!

So, the Bears should not trade for Garapolo.
But this comes back to my 1st point: If Belichik wants to keep Garapolo so that he won't look like a fool for wasting a 2nd round pick on a future free agent.
Then, Darth Hoodie might think it is better to keep Garapolo and trade away Tom Brady if another team offers 2 1st rounders.

In conclusion,
Garapolo has done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick trade.
Better to wait 1 year and sign him as a free agent.
A better trade would be to offer 2 first rounders for Tom Brady.
Brady may request a trade to the 49ers or elsewhere if he feels Darth Hoodie is pushing him out.

So the better trade in your eyes is to give up two 1st round picks for a player that may not be in the league in 3 years? That is the better trade, instead of trading potentially one 1st rounder for a 25 year old QB with NFL experience and has played well in the limited games he has been in. I don't think the Bears should trade a first for Garoppolo, but if they did I could at least see the logic considering any QB getting drafted has zero NFL experience, where at least in limited action Jimmy G has at least shown potential.

But you are right trading 2 years worth of 1st round picks for a 39 year old QB who will likely retire in the next 2-3 years is the smart thing to do. That would be excellent return for the Bears.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
so use the 1st round pick and draft a QB that has 0 games played?? How is having limited success in the NFL worse then no success at all? I never understood this point people try to make. Yes he has a small sample size but isnt that better then no sample size at all?

Like I said earlier, if you were to take Garoppolo and put him in this years draft with what we have seen from him, would he go in the first round? If the answer is yes, than it is a no brainer.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
So the better trade in your eyes is to give up two 1st round picks for a player that may not be in the league in 3 years? That is the better trade, instead of trading potentially one 1st rounder for a 25 year old QB with NFL experience and has played well in the limited games he has been in. I don't think the Bears should trade a first for Garoppolo, but if they did I could at least see the logic considering any QB getting drafted has zero NFL experience, where at least in limited action Jimmy G has at least shown potential.

But you are right trading 2 years worth of 1st round picks for a 39 year old QB who will likely retire in the next 2-3 years is the smart thing to do. That would be excellent return for the Bears.

The one potentially serious mistake you are making with 3 games of Garapolo is
that is it a byproduct of Belecheater game-planning (cheating) better and giving Jimmy or Tom
(with help from Ernie Adams) the game plans and defensive formations of the opposing teams.
Without Bill/Ernie spying, no other Patriots coach or player has had success elsewhere because
they aren't studying opponents as well as Ernie.
Another thing is that Brady throws the ball out in 4 seconds, while Jay waits 7 seconds (and then gets sacked/blame Oline).
In 4 seconds, any QB looks better and plays better (if they are smart enough and make quick decisions).

So, will Jimmy G bust playing for a different inferior team and inferior coaching staff?
Matt Cassell looks mediocre on the Chiefs and Vikings.
At least Tom Brady has sustained success and is a HOF.

As far as trading with the Pats - there is NO LEVERAGE because Jimmy will be a free agent soon.
Why reward the Pats with a 1st rounder for a potential bust???
Why reward Belichek for wasting a 2nd rounder on Jimmy G so he can recoup his losses?

I could see Tom Brady being traded for a 1st rounder plus 2nd rounder plus 3rd rounder (different years).
2 1st rounders for Brady may be too high giving his older age.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Belichik is more likely to retire when Brady retires than to trade him, this is the worst post I have ever seen. Why in absolute hell, would they trade him if they feel he can lead them to another Superbowl or two?

A guy named Ted Thompson traded away Brett Favre. Was that a dumb move?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The one potentially serious mistake you are making with 3 games of Garapolo is
that is it a byproduct of Belecheater game-planning (cheating) better and giving Jimmy or Tom
(with help from Ernie Adams) the game plans and defensive formations of the opposing teams.
Without Bill/Ernie spying, no other Patriots coach or player has had success elsewhere because
they aren't studying opponents as well as Ernie.
Another thing is that Brady throws the ball out in 4 seconds, while Jay waits 7 seconds (and then gets sacked/blame Oline).
In 4 seconds, any QB looks better and plays better (if they are smart enough and make quick decisions).

So, will Jimmy G bust playing for a different inferior team and inferior coaching staff?
Matt Cassell looks mediocre on the Chiefs and Vikings.
At least Tom Brady has sustained success and is a HOF.

As far as trading with the Pats - there is NO LEVERAGE because Jimmy will be a free agent soon.
Why reward the Pats with a 1st rounder for a potential bust???
Why reward Belichek for wasting a 2nd rounder on Jimmy G so he can recoup his losses?

I could see Tom Brady being traded for a 1st rounder plus 2nd rounder plus 3rd rounder (different years).
2 1st rounders for Brady may be too high giving his older age.

Again I don't think the Bears should trade a first, considering how high of a pick they will have, but I could see the logic if a team did. Also I haven't seen anywhere that the Patriots have been filming or stealing the opposing teams game plans as you are suggesting. So how has Garoppolo benefited from that. And if the QB's who play for the Patriots are a product of the system then why should the Bears trade anything for a nearly 40 year old system QB like you are suggesting? You are making no sense.

The one thing you are right about is the Patriots have all the leverage in this situation, they have no reason to give up Garoppolo when they know Brady is likely to be done in a couple years. Belicheck has no reason to take less than a 3rd not because he needs to save face, but because he doesn't have to give him up for less. He knows teams with aging QB's would be potential suitors and will give up at least a 2nd for him.

No team is going to give up a 1st plus a 2nd plus a 3rd (no matter what years) for a nearly 40 year old QB.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A guy named Ted Thompson traded away Brett Favre. Was that a dumb move?

Did Thompson get two 1st round picks? Or was it a 1st plus a 2nd plus a 3rd (in different years of course)?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade for Brady, no thanks. We need more than just one piece to be a winning club.

Better to draft a QB and keep filling up the roster with young talent.

Pace has done decent with his two drafts I am excited to see him choose a QB hopefully with a new offensive minded head coach/play caller.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:

I just don't feel that 3 games is enough for Jimmy G to swap for a 1st rounder. Better to wait and just sign him as a Free agent.
I guess it depends on who is available in the draft at QB? They found Dak in the 4th round.
I suppose its more about risk-mitigation.
I doubt that Brady will retire a Patriot, because I think Belichik would rather obtain Draft picks rather than have Brady retire for nothing.
Favre was Traded away after he went to the NFC championship GAME!!!
So its easy to see Brady being traded away but I think he would want to go to an immediate contender or to his hometown 49ers.
But IMO I would trade a 1st rounder for Brady instead of Jimmy G if Pace was going to trade with the Pats.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
You think the Pats are going to trade Brady away for Less then what The Bears traded for Cutler? The topic of this makes me laugh.

Brady is much older and only has maybe 3 good years left in him.
So its not the same as trading for a young Cutler.
But he would help any new team immediately get into the playoffs, but not the SB.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like I said earlier, if you were to take Garoppolo and put him in this years draft with what we have seen from him, would he go in the first round? If the answer is yes, than it is a no brainer.

That is a good point. However, you still are going to have to pay the guy more than what you'd pay for a qb that you drafted wouldn't you?