Top 10 FA's according to MLBTR. Which one would you want on the Cubs?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
If you had to pick one, who would it be and why?

1. David Price
2. Jason Heyward
3. Justin Upton
4. Johnny Cueto
5. Zach Grienke
6. Yoenis Cespedes
7. Alex Gordon
8. Jordan Zimmerman
9. Chris Davis
10. Mike Leake

chibears55

Liked Posts:
David Price with Heyward or Upton would be nice

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If you had to pick one, who would it be and why?

1. David Price
2. Jason Heyward
3. Justin Upton
4. Johnny Cueto
5. Zach Grienke
6. Yoenis Cespedes
7. Alex Gordon
8. Jordan Zimmerman
9. Chris Davis
10. Mike Leake

Price.

I believe the O will come from with in. I look at a 2 year window and see LF: Bryant CF Almora, RF: Soler 3B: Baez, SS: Russell, 2B: Happ, 1B: Rizzo, C: Schwarber

The need for signing a high profile talent there is not needed due to the talent in the system.

Now back end of the rotation the Cubs have talent on the way and they should back fill the rotation. Front end not so much. Cubs are going to need a long term #3. Hammel is signed for next year and no one knows what Arrieta will end up costing so locking up a TOR should be #1 priority.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Price.

I believe the O will come from with in. I look at a 2 year window and see LF: Bryant CF Almora, RF: Soler 3B: Baez, SS: Russell, 2B: Happ, 1B: Rizzo, C: Schwarber

The need for signing a high profile talent there is not needed due to the talent in the system.

Now back end of the rotation the Cubs have talent on the way and they should back fill the rotation. Front end not so much. Cubs are going to need a long term #3. Hammel is signed for next year and no one knows what Arrieta will end up costing so locking up a TOR should be #1 priority.

Have you seen enough from Solar to still believe he is the long term RF option?

What do you think Chris Davis would cost on the open market?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Why Upton? Just curious.
Ive always liked upton. ..

He only going to be 27 to start 2016, so he could be there for the long haul..

He the kinda bat, at least for me.. you can plug him into the 2 hole and he wont disappoint..
good power, some speed, and gets on base..

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Price.

I'm not sure if I read that right or not, but you believe Happ will be up in 2 years? And what about McKinney? I thought he was more highly touted than Almora?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is 23 years old. He is hitting around league average in right. Don't worry about the power. Its there. Its going to come out. He hasn't had a ton of professional baseball under his belt. People trading him off right now are missing out on how good he probably will become. Even if he doesn't, you are selling at the complete wrong time.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if I read that right or not, but you believe Happ will be up in 2 years? And what about McKinney? I thought he was more highly touted than Almora?

D wins. Mc is limited to LF. Puddy arm. He is Coghlan 2.0.

I believe Happ will fast track up.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
D wins. Mc is limited to LF. Puddy arm. He is Coghlan 2.0.

I believe Happ will fast track up.

I hope Happ does, I love all these young guys coming up to the Show!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ive always liked upton. ..

He only going to be 27 to start 2016, so he could be there for the long haul..

He the kinda bat, at least for me.. you can plug him into the 2 hole and he wont disappoint..
good power, some speed, and gets on base..

Pitching is a greater need. Now if Johnson was in AAA and dominating that league...and not prone to injury I would feel diffrent about it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Pitching is a greater need. Now if Johnson was in AAA and dominating that league...and not prone to injury I would feel diffrent about it.
Ok.. what that got to do with me liking upton ?

I answered his question.. i said Price ( pitching )

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
What makes people think Soler is having this bad year?

No one is saying he is having a bad year.

Let me ask you this. If I am going to trade any of the parent level rookies possibly for a CF'er or a package deal for a pitcher, is it going to be Soler?

Doesn't he possess the best trade package right now as far as amount and length of contract?

Also, if I have the chance to get Jason Heyward, I am also doing it. I would like to have Heyward, Rizzo, and Schwarber as my main lefties in the line-up, and I wouldn't mind having Bryant, Baez, Russell and (?) in CF as possibly the righties.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
He is 23 years old. He is hitting around league average in right. Don't worry about the power. Its there. Its going to come out. He hasn't had a ton of professional baseball under his belt. People trading him off right now are missing out on how good he probably will become. Even if he doesn't, you are selling at the complete wrong time.

Think his power issue is more with the fact he's just not getting good umpiring. He's had a lot of issues with umps favoring pitchers on him. Obviously being ahead in the count allows you to be more aggressive. As for selling him, I don't know that there is a ton of talk but from what I've heard it was only revolving around Teheran unless I'm missing other people talking about it. And I mean.... Teheran is well... Teheran. He was higher rated coming up and fit a need. Don't know how real the reports were but he's someone i'd consider moving Soler for but he's probably one of the few.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
No one is saying he is having a bad year.

Let me ask you this. If I am going to trade any of the parent level rookies possibly for a CF'er or a package deal for a pitcher, is it going to be Soler?

Doesn't he possess the best trade package right now as far as amount and length of contract?

Also, if I have the chance to get Jason Heyward, I am also doing it. I would like to have Heyward, Rizzo, and Schwarber as my main lefties in the line-up, and I wouldn't mind having Bryant, Baez, Russell and (?) in CF as possibly the righties.

Just a thought but you could probably play Heyward in CF in wrigley. I don't think the cubs will have the money for both him and a top tier starter though unless they trade for a cost controlled one.