Top Bulls prospects in NCAA Tournament

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think he'll end up going #2 unless the Hawks get that pick or possibly the Cavs. Sexton has been balling so they may go for a wing player like Barrett.

Wouldn’t they take him anyways and decide which player to keep and trade the other for another building block? I feel like it’s a two player draft and the rest is meh.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Time to see what Ja Morant has for act 2. Florida states length will pose a challenge, I’ll be curious to see how he handles it

Speed

Liked Posts:
Morant played hard, but the talent discrepancy between the teams was definitely on display. He had a good run now he get's a head start on training for the NBA.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t they take him anyways and decide which player to keep and trade the other for another building block? I feel like it’s a two player draft and the rest is meh.
Why are people dismissing RJ Barrett? Guy is a straight baller and probably the best shot creator in college. He can D up. He is a spot shooter at the 3 point line right now, but he will get better. Guy was the consensus number 1 until Zion mania happened. Nothing changed except Zion elevating his game.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why are people dismissing RJ Barrett? Guy is a straight baller and probably the best shot creator in college. He can D up. He is a spot shooter at the 3 point line right now, but he will get better. Guy was the consensus number 1 until Zion mania happened. Nothing changed except Zion elevating his game.

I don’t think people are dismissing him. I think most still view him as a top 5 pick in the draft. However, for the bulls...give me Zion or Ja. Bulls have their starting 2 wing players set with lavine and porter, RJ just isn’t as much of a need. And before you go into the whole drafting need/BPA thing...do you actually consider RJ to be a better prospect than Zion or Ja? I certainly don’t

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think people are dismissing him. I think most still view him as a top 5 pick in the draft. However, for the bulls...give me Zion or Ja. Bulls have their starting 2 wing players set with lavine and porter, RJ just isn’t as much of a need. And before you go into the whole drafting need/BPA thing...do you actually consider RJ to be a better prospect than Zion or Ja? I certainly don’t

I think RJ Barrett is a perennial all star. He is silky smooth and I do not consider Ja morant to be clear cut better than him. He has way more hype.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think RJ Barrett is a perennial all star. He is silky smooth and I do not consider Ja morant to be clear cut better than him. He has way more hype.

Ja has a higher ceiling and probably a lower floor than RJ. Ja plays a position of need on top of it. I give the nod to Ja, but I also am not as high on RJ as you are. So, it’s just difference of opinion. I think RJ could make an all star game or two, but I don’t see him as a “perennial all star” by any means.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This duke/ucf game is already fun. Taco is dominating. Already blocked Zion

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I no longer view RJ Barrett as a potential franchise changer like I did before the season. I think he’ll be a pretty good NBA player. Just not a guy that can be the man on a contender. I think Zion and Ja can be that. RJ didn’t do anything to prove that wrong once Zion went down. They were a .500 team without Zion and with him they’ve only lost 2 all year...a 2 point loss to Gonzaga and a 4 point OT loss to Syracuse. RJ probably made the play of the game yesterday, but if Zion was out Duke would have lost to UCF by double digits. He carried them yet again yesterday. I just don’t see that IT factor in RJ.

I think a lot of us have been hyping Ja and have forgotten about RJ because the Bulls are in desperate need of a true PG. Outside of defense Dunn sucks and we have no facilitators on the team. Wendell Carter is probably the best facilitator on the Bulls. I love Wendell but that’s pretty sad. The Bulls desperately need someone like a Ja to move the ball around and create shots for others.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Morant is the best PG in this draft but man, Coby White is improving his stock more and more..

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I was able to watch a decent amount of games this week so I decided to post some quick thoughts on the guys that are potentially NBA bound that I was able to see.

Coby White needs some work. I don’t see him having an immediate impact. He was trash in 2 of the 3 games and one of those was against a 17-15 Iona team. I just don’t see it in him. I think if he ever does become a nice player in the NBA, it would take some years of development.

Brandon Clarke and Rui I could see being nice energy guys off the bench. They have some skill, but at the end of the day they’re both 6’8 and can’t shoot. Clarke is better defensively but Rui isn’t bad in that area. Only way either of them ever becomes a decent starter starter is if they develop a jumper.

Cam Reddish is trash. I know he has “potential” but the guy has shot 35% from the floor for the season and he was a turd again last night. Hopefully if the Bulls are out of range for Zion and Ja they stay the hell away from this guy.

Jarrett Culver also needs some work. He looks a legit 6’6 and plays some good defense. His jumper needs some work as well as his shot IQ but I like the upside. I could see him being a nice combo guard one day.

RJ Barrett sucked again. 41% from the floor, 7 TOS and missed free throw and was bad at the end of the game. He tries to play hero ball and fails most of the time. That’s why I’m not a fan of his. One of those late possessions Barrett drove into 2 Michigan State players and forced it....and he had Zion open on a cut. RJ just doesn’t have it.

Interesting thing I read earlier. Duke only lost 3 games with Zion in its lineup. In those 3 games, RJ Barrett was 0-9 in the final minute. The rest of the team had 3 shots total, Zion only had 1 of those. Pretty much proves my point.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So what do u guys think of Jim Boylen ( his w-l record at 69–60 at.535 is mediocre).
However, he's been exposed to success as a assistant coach
What do u we know about his style as a coach and who do u think in the draft would
be a good fit for Boylen?

--------------------------------
P.S.
I haven't been following our Bulls as close since they let Tom Thibodeau get away.
I was unhappy that Fred Hoiberg wasn't a upgrade.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Barrett can't shoot. He scores on defenders whom are physically inferior. I thought it was funny that Barrett was the guy on the FT line at the end of the MSU game...he's 66% from the line. Gimme a break. I heard Barrett compared to Jalen Rose, which is bad enough in itself, but even Rose had a better percentage slash line than Barrett....46%FG/34%3pt/74%FT versus Barrett's ghastly 45%FG/30%3pt/66%FT.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barrett can't shoot. He scores on defenders whom are physically inferior. I thought it was funny that Barrett was the guy on the FT line at the end of the MSU game...he's 66% from the line. Gimme a break. I heard Barrett compared to Jalen Rose, which is bad enough in itself, but even Rose had a better percentage slash line than Barrett....46%FG/34%3pt/74%FT versus Barrett's ghastly 45%FG/30%3pt/66%FT.
Yea, worst 1st team All American of all time. He played nothing but scrubs. He done

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yea, worst 1st team All American of all time. He played nothing but scrubs. He done

For the record, I’m not that down on rj. I think his ceiling is a glen rice type career. That would be a heck of a player to have. I just prefer Ja, and what he can bring to the bulls. That kids ceiling could be an Iverson/Westbrook type player imo.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Glenn rice ceiling lol that is nothing to be geeked about

I guess we should expect a good bench player @4

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Glenn rice ceiling lol that is nothing to be geeked about

I guess we should expect a good bench player @4

The guy went to 3 all star games...you might want to actually look up his numbers.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
This is a weak draft so you'd be lucky to get a Glen Rice at #4.

Funny enough Glen was the 4th pick.

Last edited:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Glen Rice was nothing like RJ Barrett in college. Weird comp.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched enough Duke to know Barrett’s compete level is very high. He has it. I’d rather him than some of the unknowns. He really does want it.