I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Glen Rice was nothing like RJ Barrett in college. Weird comp.

I said a glen rice type career...meaning on that level. Sorry if it was misleading. Their games have some similarities, though

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this real life?
obviously I'm being dramatic, but I still don't thik he's all that. If the Bulls pass on him and draft someone else, I wouldn't be mad. I'd be mad if they take him before Ja is off the board.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This two year period is going to be amazingly disappointing if they wind up with Hachimura.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barrett didn't do shit when Zion was out. Bulls better pass on RJ

I tried to explain to you that without Zion Duke had the worst front court I’ve seen them with, to a dibilitating extent. Asking Barrett to be a PF didn’t work like with Winston. His offense is way beyond Winston. Turner?

His shooting is a concern but recent times have spoiled us. Projecting a freshman’s shooting is tough, you draft him because he does a lot of things well.

Hunter has a nice body, moves great, but looks like a guy who has lost all faith in his shot and has the yips

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What do u we know about Jim Boylen style as a coach and who do u think in the draft would be a good fit for Boylen ?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do u we know about Jim Boylen style as a coach and who do u think in the draft would be a good fit for Boylen ?
Whoever is most resistant to bad coaching. Probably Zion and then Ja again as the higher class man.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I said a glen rice type career...meaning on that level. Sorry if it was misleading. Their games have some similarities, though

Didn't know "Glen Rice Type Career" was common terminology. Still makes no sense, and their games are diametrically opposed.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Didn't know "Glen Rice Type Career" was common terminology. Still makes no sense, and their games are diametrically opposed.

Never said it was common terminology. I referenced it because I think they will have similar career numbers(if rj reaches his ceiling). How are their games complete opposites? Not saying they are exact, but there are definitely some similarities imo

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone thinking Jarrett Culver?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
How are their games complete opposites? Not saying they are exact, but there are definitely some similarities imo

Are you confusing Glen Rice with somebody else? At UM, he was a gunner who could simply shoot over most of the people trying to guard him. Could always get his points, and was incredibly efficient. 58%/52%/83%...how is that anything like RJ Barrett's 45%/31%/67%?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
after his performance yesterday, I don't think many ppl would be happy with that pick

a guard that struggled against one of the best defenses? imagine that

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Are you confusing Glen Rice with somebody else? At UM, he was a gunner who could simply shoot over most of the people trying to guard him. Could always get his points, and was incredibly efficient. 58%/52%/83%...how is that anything like RJ Barrett's 45%/31%/67%?

Got ya, only someone who shoots the same percentages as rice, could be called a glen rice ceiling type of player. Good to know rj will shoot the same % in the league as he did in college. Cool stuff. Btw, if rice can shoot over people, so can rj...they are basically the exact same size. Again, I’m not saying rj is on rices level as of today...simply, I said rjs ceiling is that level, he’s obviously not there yet.

Also, are those rices career college numbers? Or just senior year numbers? I ask because it wouldn’t be fair to compare those with a guy who has played 1 season of college ball so far

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Cool stuff. Btw, if rice can shoot over people, so can rj...they are basically the exact same size.

I guess the 'sticking point' is that if your slash line is 45%/31%/67%, then you aren't really 'shooting over' people. Barrett's game is nothing like Glen Rice's game. They are basically the exact same size, tho. Cool stuff.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Again...you’re comparing a freshman’s numbers to a guy who played 4 years in college. That is going to skew things, I would think that you can understand that. It’s funny, I mentioned how I’m not huge on RJ, and now I’m somehow the one defending him.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Again...you’re comparing a freshman’s numbers to a guy who played 4 years in college. That is going to skew things, I would think that you can understand that. It’s funny, I mentioned how I’m not huge on RJ, and now I’m somehow the one defending him.

And, speaking of funny, you say that I am comparing Rice to Barrett when it was you who made the comparison.

BTW, Rice college career slash line is 57%/48%/80% compared to Barrett's 45%/31%/67%. Cool stuff.