Trade Deadline Talk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How the heck would they swing that? His cap hit must be huge.

I think he only has 3 mil+, so I know some salary would go back or be retained. Plus next year his cap hit is only 4 mil

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lmao Chara... wtf?

Keith/Chara as your #1 D pairing....

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao Chara... wtf?

Keith/Chara as your #1 D pairing....

Chara would be the next Bigfoot, but I doubt he ia traded.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Today @ 11:11 AM ET
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
now

Rozsival's deal is for $650,000; Tootoo for $700,000

Yes the old DINOSAUR is back for next year

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone seriously believed it wouldn't be the case.

This though makes me think they plan on protecting Kruger, maybe knowing Vegas wouldn't take him anyway, although that's also a fearful thought they could protect TVR now but exposing Hartman and Panik over him I couldn't see

Other note... this does put TVR in trade play, you got Rozi to fill the expansion D requirement.... TVR for Chara, done.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, probably means they are hella serious about going all in and top target is a top 4 D-Man with TVR confirming against Blues he ain't it

Charra would be surprising...I thought Bruins were rebuilding because they started making long term decisions, but this would be either giving in or deciding they need to shake up the back to get functional and Charra is a dinosaur they are ready to give up on fitting with what they got if for no reason but it isn't enough.

Or just more of their new long term philosophy despite the aging forwards that seem so close if they just had a missing piece or two, different style...something. That team hasn't lived up to the dynasty level of talent they had in 2009. Them and the Kings and us and the penguins were really the 4 teams making dynasty bids this decade.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Today @ 11:11 AM ET
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
now

Rozsival's deal is for $650,000; Tootoo for $700,000

Yes the old DINOSAUR is back for next year

Smart deals when it comes to the expansion draft and the fact that both these players can be waived, stashed in Rockford, and won't count against the cap in anyway at those prices. Simply more depth and honestly, I have nothing wrong with a Rozival/Tootoo sitting in the press box and getting in a regular season game every once in a while.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well....it helps us maybe. Bare with me for a second I have a question. It seems the expansion rules are too favorable to incoming team if they haven't changed, because I can remember the Avalanche winning immediately, and maybe Carolina or the Lightning having quick success too within the development time of the initial player haul they stole.

One of the controversial rules is only protecting one goalie. You would think if you allowed 2 protected, they could still find some gems in the 3 deep. Instead...they are allowed to take somebodies immediate future.

This pertains to Darling who might be priced out in free agency anyway. Couple inquiries...

1. Bishop was moved so Lightning could protect their young/cheap guy. Is Bishop exposed behind Quick or does his veteran contract/status protect him? Will he be taken 1?
2. After Bishop is selected, can Darling be protected, or do they get a double dip?

So I think L.A. got Bishop to either protect somebody else in the system, or for legitamate PLayoff push reasons to always have an elite goalie going even though Quick needs extra rest for a bit, and as insurance with his injury history.

It was a groin...thats why they took extreme measure. Very easy for a groin to re-tear on a goalie

The way I understand it is that every team can protect 1 netminder and only 1. Also, if a player has an NMC, the team *has* to protect them. So in the case of the 'hawks, there's no way around it--the *have* to protect Crawford...and Toews, Kane, Hossa, Anisimov, Seabs, Keith, and Hjammer. They have no choice in the matter; they are all NMC's

So Darling is exposed but doesn't meet the exposure requirement being UFA--Carruth and one of the other prospect goalies do being RFA.

After a bit more digging, the way it appears to work is this: All teams must submit their "protected list" by June 17th, 5pm EDT. From there I believe Vegas has 48 hours to negotiate with any UFA or RFA left exposed. IF they get one of those FA's they forfeit their pick of the team the FA was signed from--so for Darling, if they sign him, they can take no one else from Chicago. If they sign Bishop, they can take no one else from LA. After that, they have until 5pm EDT on June 20th to submit their selections from each team. Vegas must have 14 FWDS, 9D, and 3G selected in the draft, 20 of them will have to be signed through 2017/2018, and the cap hit of players taken in the draft has to be 60%-100% of the cap ceiling.

Anyhow, for 1: I don't believe Quick has an NMC, but in all likleyhood he's the one protected.

For 2: Based on the 3G rule, they could select both in the FA period.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cylde, isnt Hartman protected anyways being he is a rookie, and doesnt meet the required service time

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Cylde, isnt Hartman protected anyways being he is a rookie, and doesnt meet the required service time

Hartman is not protected.

It doesn't have to do with your NHL status (Being a rookie or not) but rather what year you are a "pro" which is also AHL. Hartman will have to be protected and very likely will be. First, second year pros, and unsigned draft picks are protected.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hartman is not protected.

It doesn't have to do with your NHL status (Being a rookie or not) but rather what year you are a "pro" which is also AHL. Hartman will have to be protected and very likely will be. First, second year pros, and unsigned draft picks are protected.

Damn I didn't realize, I looked it up.... this is his 3rd year in the pros with the Hawks/Icehogs.... definitely need to protect him, I agree.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn I didn't realize, I looked it up.... this is his 3rd year in the pros with the Hawks/Icehogs.... definitely need to protect him, I agree.

disliked for no prior research.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Stalgod traded to Ottawa

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would not be a Trade Deadline without a Stalgod trade. Also thanks HW for the clarification on Hartman.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would not be a Trade Deadline without a Stalgod trade. Also thanks HW for the clarification on Hartman.

I feel like Kris Versteeg also needs to be traded

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The Forward signings today would indicate Bowman is done trading or knows who or what if any trades would go down, because it wouldn't be coincidence he waited until he knew what he would have before signing them based on protections.

this would indicate to me the forwards are set anyway, and he knew maybe about 1 if any potential trade probably for an already contract protected player.
But probably no more forwards.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is one more angle to view the Charra sniffing....

and that is the Kings/Hawks rivalry. It seems company policy for both to sniff the others junk when they get wind of it, if only to drive up the asking price. The Kings seem to do this to us, and I'm sure we return the favor when presented the chance.