Trubisky ranked the 21st best QB according to The Score.com

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So reality doesn't mean more than prediction. Got it.
It’s a really safe prediction considering that he already lit one of those defenses up for 350 and 3 TDs and the other was a really bad defense. Sure reality means more but you’re comparing 14 game stats to 16 game stats

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when Matt Flynn threw for 500 yards

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You can stop now.

Mitch's 16 game projected stats weren't all that amazing anyways. we covered this.
Sure go ahead compre 14 to 16 game stats. Context doesn’t matter. Nobody said they were amazing they’re just better than what was expected of him.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's a team game - and it's clear Trubisky is a significant part of that. Listen to players talk about him, listen to coaches praise his attitude and aptitude. It's actually why obsessing about individual statistics is a folly , more so whether a magazine or website ranks a player above of below others.

I don't go by magazine stats, i go by watching him play. He wasn't the reason they won 12 games any more than Rex Grossman was the reason they won 13 in 2006.

I get it's a major part of watching US sports, and something that clearly doesn't have the same level of importance and engagement in other countries. But at the end of the day, the team with the wins to get to the playoffs

I have no idea what you're talking about here, or what sports in other countries you don't win by winning. Bizarre and random comment.

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Didn't read this whole thread so my apologies if it's already been mentioned, but there's a hardly flattering PFF report out on Trubisky.
Ehh, the article basically says PFFs advanced stats actually put the Bears passing attack as the 12th best last year. However, they don't like that result because it conflicts with their moronic grades. As a result, they say the passing wasn't actually attributable to the passer Mitch, instead it was attributable to Nagy.

To be frank, their bias shows through out the article, when the launch into an unfair narrative about Mitch not being better than the guy in front of him in college.

The reality to me is that, I watched two QBs (Watson and Trubisky) in the playoffs. One looked poised like the moment wasn't too big and was able to do some things. The other looked overwhelmed the entire game. The poised one was Mitch. Also, people forget how good we were on time of possession (3rd), third down conversions (11th), and points per game (9th). Yes, those stats depend on other things, but they help paint the picture.

While I freely admit Watsons production has been better than Mitch's. What I saw by the end of the year was that Mitch had leaped frog Watson.

I agree with those posters saying he needs to be in the top 10 this year (obviously barring catastrophic injury). However, I have no doubt that he will perform at the same level as the most elite QBs this year.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give up with them. lol Mitch this year or in two years will be putting up 4500 yds, 30+ tds 10-12 int's at most and these goofs will still be saying he is just ok. At worst he ends up a Matt Ryan who can run better.

Lol wtf? At worst he'll be a better version of a perennial top 8-10 QB and former league MVP. At WORST ?

What are you smoking?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty accurate. Top 8 runner as a qb. Top 40 as a passer

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Progression isn't linear and should never be assumed.

If mole eye doesn't improve significantly this season either Nagy fucked up, or a shit ton of injuries.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ll admit “parade” was hyperbole.
Words have meaning. Think before you post or stop posting, no one should have to sift through your trash heap of postings to try and interpret what is and isn't hyperbole.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Give up with them. lol Mitch this year or in two years will be putting up 4500 yds, 30+ tds 10-12 int's at most and these goofs will still be saying he is just ok. At worst he ends up a Matt Ryan who can run better. Elite? Probably not, very few ever end up elite, but next tier after elite will happen.
Why are you so bad at this?

If this scenario were ever to happen, please point out the offending posters, instead of pre-bitching about shit that hasn't/won't happen.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Words have meaning. Think before you post or stop posting, no one should have to sift through your trash heap of postings to try and interpret what is and isn't hyperbole.
You’re boring

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't go by magazine stats, i go by watching him play. He wasn't the reason they won 12 games any more than Rex Grossman was the reason they won 13 in 2006.

I have no idea what you're talking about here, or what sports in other countries you don't win by winning. Bizarre and random comment.

I think he means that only in the US you are so obsessed with the rankings and the lists, as an european i noted that too

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Give up with them. lol Mitch this year or in two years will be putting up 4500 yds, 30+ tds 10-12 int's at most and these goofs will still be saying he is just ok. At worst he ends up a Matt Ryan who can run better. Elite? Probably not, very few ever end up elite, but next tier after elite will happen.
I'm pretty sure if Matt Ryan could scramble like Mitch, Matt Ryan would be easily the best QB in the NFL

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't read this whole thread so my apologies if it's already been mentioned, but there's a hardly flattering PFF report out on Trubisky.

Thanks for the link. That was a good article. Idk, what ppl are bitching about when Fansided & BleacherReport are routinely cited as sources...lol.

Like the article points out, our o-line wasn't as bad as some posters like to claim. And it's obvious Trubisky hasn't been accurate.

Most press I read has Mitch being average to less than average. Only on CCS am I hearing comparisons to Drew Brees.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Maybe, but at least I didn't enter a QB debate having no idea what rate+ was. It's literally the single best QB comparison metric out there.

You're stupid.
Maybe so but it proves my bigger point that he’s an average to above average QB so him being in the top 10 next season isn’t some crazy fantasy.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I think its fair, maybe even a bit higher than I expected. I think he has what it takes to make the next jump. It'll all come out in time I guess.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think he means that only in the US you are so obsessed with the rankings and the lists, as an european i noted that too

Americans love their stats, looking over a box score is better that watching a baseball game. I think the rest of the world doesn't enjoy stats because soccer does not exactly fill up the stat sheet. "oh a 1-1 tie, cool". ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Winning games, divisions, conferences, and championships is vastly superior to perusing stats, but when games are not on, WTF?