Trubisky set to rewrite Bears single season record book.

How Many record does Mitch take down

• 0- Mitch gonna suck arse next season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is impossible to follow Bears football and find that to be amazing. It is well known by all who have watched this team. They're famous for their futility at the QB spot.

Football is gay

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I thought Jay broke the TD record in 14?

He had 28. Kramer still holds the record at 29.

Interesting that Kramer was 4th in passing TDs in 95 while Cutler was 11th. 29 would have put him at tenth and 30 would have put him tied at 9th with Eli Manning.

Also, Kramer had only 10 INTs while taking every single snap in 95 at QB. Cutler had 18 INTs for a bad 3.2 INT % which was 27th in the league.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Like I said before, its like the special olympics (no disrespect meant) when you look at the history of bear quarterbacks.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Lol then Rory proceeds to argue semantics about what close means.

Stan alert! Stan alert!

You still can't comprehend postings, even when you have no "rooting interest".

You said Cunningham "got close a bunch of times", he didn't. Thats not really 'semantics', thats fact.

Cool.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kramer and McMahon were the most effective QBs I've seen so far. Mitch is actually 3rd. Says more about our QBs than Mitch right now. Anyone want Cutler or Grossman instead? Orton and Miller would have been annihilated by the inside rush last year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You still can't comprehend postings, even when you have no "rooting interest".

You said Cunningham "got close a bunch of times", he didn't. Thats not really 'semantics', thats fact.

Cool.

Nope Outlaw said you would not argue the semantics of close and then you said this.

When Cunningham had 3808 yards in 1988, Jim Everett had 3964. I'd say Everett was close to 4000. One more completed long pass and he'd have it. Cunningham would have needed an additional game added to the schedule.

This particular part of your post is you arguing semantics of whether 3,800 is close to 4,000. So yeah you did in fact argue something Outlaw said you wouldn't. Wasn't commenting on the other part of your post about how many times he hit 4,000 but the above is most certainly doing what Outlaw claimed you wouldn't which is why I thought it was funny as you contradicted like 2 or 3 posts later.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
This particular part of your post is you arguing semantics of whether 3,800 is close to 4,000. So yeah you did in fact argue something Outlaw said you wouldn't. Wasn't commenting on the other part of your post about how many times he hit 4,000 but the above is most certainly doing what Outlaw claimed you wouldn't which is why I thought it was funny as you contradicted like 2 or 3 posts later.

Thanks. Unfortunately for you/your 'argument', what I was actually responding to was Cunningham "got close a bunch of times".

Although I would hate to delve into the world of 'semantics' again, but I think even you would have to allow that one time (1988) does not constitute "a bunch of times" in terms of phrasing. If I say "one time", I mean something diametrically opposed to me saying "a bunch of times". For instance, how many times have you been wrong in this forum? "One time"? Or "a bunch of times"?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remy is going argue the semantics over the word semantics....

Rory explained himself....he didn't argue semantics

Semantics, as it is being used here originally is the generalized urban dictionary term, not the traditional merriam-webster version.

as Rory said......disproving "getting close a bunch of times" is not arguing semantics.....its just stating a fact.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Semantics, as it is being used here originally is the generalized urban dictionary term, not the traditional merriam-webster version.

as Rory said......disproving "getting close a bunch of times" is not arguing semantics.....its just stating a fact.
Are you the poster formerly known as "Concise Summary Guy"?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it interesting that so many threads having little to do with Trubisky evolve into Trubisky threads, and this actually is a Trubisky thread and the topic has moved away from him.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I find it interesting that so many threads having little to do with Trubisky evolve into Trubisky threads, and this actually is a Trubisky thread and the topic has moved away from him.

Trubisky almost threw for 4000 yards last year, tho

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are you the poster formerly known as "Concise Summary Guy"?

no but I'll happily take that mantle if it makes our CCS home happy and healthy

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

This thread has almost consistently stayed on topic.....

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

The part that makes me chuckle is the whole concept is binary to begin with. Cunningham either threw for 4000 yards, or he didn't. To say that Cunningham came close is 'semantics' in itself...but remydat is silent...then when I point out that getting close to 4000 is a semantics argument, remydat chooses that moment in time to come out of the woodwork and complain that I am 'arguing semantics', when I am doing the exact opposite.