Trubisky's Best Game of 2018?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
This was inspired by SilenceS and his thread on if the Bears are ready for "Primtime" (sic)

I am buying NFL GamePass and am going to be re-watching the 2018 season (all are welcome to "come on over and join" even if only online for commentary and community fun)

Using memory only at this point, what was Trubisky's best game of the year? Statistically, it was the TB game no doubt, but that felt like a team that wasn't really playing sound fundamental defense and felt more like a 7-on-7 drill starting O vs. backup D.

My vote (from memory) was the second GB game where we clinched the North. My memory was he looked calm, collected and took what the D gave him all day for a great performance against a division rival that knows him as well as anyone can.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Home game against the Lions?

Wrong. It was just the Lions and Mitch had the pressure of clinching during the game that was MY vote.

Totally kidding. He played really well that day vs. DET in fact it was statistically better than my vote,

but his calmness in the face of clinching while also playing damn well all game long is why I picked the GB 2 as my vote.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mitch posted 100 + rating 6 times last year, that bodes well.

If you expand it to 90 + though you only add one more game (the 95.4 he posted in Rory's smartass vote for MIN at end of year)

If you include under 90, it is all the rest: 7 games as he was out for 2

If you allow for early season adjustment into a new playbook and dump the first 3 games before TB and you dismiss his 33 rating vs. the Rams as "still injured" (TM Mitch fan club),

then the expectations for evolution into elite play don't seem unreasonable

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Statistically it was TB. But vs legit competition it was the final MInn game.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Statistically it was TB. But vs legit competition it was the final MInn game.

Interesting. Implied is the fact that GB was not legit competition in Week 15.

I am not arguing; I am saying I have no memory why that would be true?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
I'll go with the Vikings, why we won? damn you Mitch but I guess Parkey would have cost us a superbowl regardless

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
McCarthy getting a massage instead of gameplanning by Week 15.

He was already fired by that game, possibly for getting too many happy ending massages aka the Robert Kraft Special.

Last edited:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The best games Mitch played besides 6 TD's VS Tampa's secondary which was probably the worst in the NFL

Miami
2nd game VS Green Bay
His start VS Detroit
2nd Start VS Minnesota

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vikings were tougher defensively and just a better team overall than GB

Rory pointed out that McCarthy had checked out mentally and shit the bed.

But it's also true that Cousins had broken mentally and shit the bed and Trubisky looked so much better vs. GB than MIN.

I don't know, but I could have sworn that Rory was joking as if Mitch's "best game" was the game he didn't want Mitch to be good in because he had the feeling PHI was hotter than MIN at the time.

But now with a lot here voting Week 17, I am not so sure. But it would be illogical to vote his performance in Week 17 was so good against a better team while simultaneously wishing we would have lost the meaningless game so we could have MIN the next week rather than a hot PHI. I must have been mistaken in my reading here.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
He was already fired by that game, possibly for getting too many happy ending massages aka the Robert Kraft Special.

Good point. I had forgotten the McCarthy 2018 timeline....massages>>>>fired>>>>kicked out of HS bball game

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good point. I had forgotten the McCarthy 2018 timeline....massages>>>>fired>>>>kicked out of HS bball game

I absolutely agree with the series of inequalities here. Massages indeed are greater than all the rest of those.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's how you finish and rising to it when you need to make something happen. Not his best game by some margin but the last drive in the playoff loss bodes well for the Bear.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Thought Trubisky's 2nd half vs. the Eagles in the playoff games was really promising. Obviously not a full game but he took full command in that 2nd half of the game and drove us down for what should have been the winner. Had Parkey made the kick, the narrative of Trubisky sucking would probably have shifted a bit too. In terms of regular season, probably the last game vs. Minn, though I also think the Vikings really shit the bed that game too.