True leadoff needed

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Haha ok... you will never ever see caratini leading off for the cubs and 21 percent strikeout percentage is pretty high and what’s his current BA? Somewhere around .250 ? There’s a reason he doesn’t play regularly. Happ switch hits too and actually got a shot at leadoff and where is at currently?? Ok nice try

.295/.394/.459

It was in the link. I guess you lost a few more by not looking at given information.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Good to know that a guy on the DL again will be beating up pitchers as a rookie.
I said once he gets healthy and gets his shot in the majors he will be really good and will be much better than the crap Russell and Descalso platoon we have now

choyne35

Liked Posts:
.295/.394/.459

It was in the link. I guess you lost a few more by not looking at given information.
Ok he’s hitting .295 with very little plate appearances. Let him get 400 to 500 AB’s and I bet he has nearly 200 strikeouts and about a .240 average for an entire season

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I said once he gets healthy and gets his shot in the majors he will be really good and will be much better than the crap Russell and Descalso platoon we have now

Not a platoon. It is Russell's job because Joe loves his D at 2B.

He is struggling to find playing time for Bote who plays better at 3B. That is why we are seeing Bryant in the OF more. Because Joe likes that D alignment.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok he’s hitting .295 with very little plate appearances. Let him get 400 to 500 AB’s and I bet he has nearly 200 strikeouts and about a .240 average for an entire season

Why do you hate so much?

choyne35

Liked Posts:
I grew up watching my idol Mark Grace and that’s the kind of hitter I loved watching, someone who rarely strikes out and will hit well over .300 each year and sure he wouldnt hit 20 homers but I will take the 50 doubles, 100 RBI and a .320 average all day over the .250 with 180 strikeouts with 30 homers and leaving runners stranded when they were at 3rd with one out. Tony Gwynn also another great hitter to watch in the 90’s and he said it was embarrassing to strike out. I just think the cubs lack baseball IQ and situational hitting and as a fan it’s frustrating

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Not a platoon. It is Russell's job because Joe loves his D at 2B.

He is struggling to find playing time for Bote who plays better at 3B. That is why we are seeing Bryant in the OF more. Because Joe likes that D alignment.
Well do you think the cubs should try and trade for a Lindor or someone that can play 2nd everyday or maybe one of the weak outfield spots? This team lacks a lot of production in several key spots

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Well do you think the cubs should try and trade for a Lindor or someone that can play 2nd everyday or maybe one of the weak outfield spots? This team lacks a lot of production in several key spots
I know Lindor would play short most likely and move Baez to 2nd but they need something ASAP

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Anyways.
.Victor has improved every year when he was rising in the minors. At Iowa he posted a .342/.393/.513. Then .313/.409/.478.

Players will adapt to talent. What we are seeing is a good hitter. Nothing more or less.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Anyways.
.Victor has improved every year when he was rising in the minors. At Iowa he posted a .342/.393/.513. Then .313/.409/.478.

Players will adapt to talent. What we are seeing is a good hitter. Nothing more or less.
I’m not hating but I’m just stating what I see... caratini isn’t very good in my eyes. I just don’t see it and where do you suggest he plays? He’s a
Catcher and we both know who starts at catcher 5-6 times a week. He’s not playing 1st unless Rizzo needs a rare game off, he’s not playing over Schwarber in left

choyne35

Liked Posts:
I love rookie posters.
Might be a rookie poster to this board but not a rookie to cubs message boards and I’ve been watching this board for a little while now and figured i would jump in since so many of you are clueless on here and so optimistic about this team right now and thinks this team doesn’t have any holes

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Might be a rookie poster to this board but not a rookie to cubs message boards and I’ve been watching this board for a little while now and figured i would jump in since so many of you are clueless on here and so optimistic about this team right now and thinks this team doesn’t have any holes
Oy! Don't think you have been here long enough to know this. It is hard not to be optimistic about a team that is 3rd in the NL in runs per game, 3rd in pitching, and 3rd in run differential.

Sure it would be great to be first on all the categories, but people who are pessimistic about this team tend to jump on that wagon when there is a bad week.
Recency bias is a bitch, don't fall prey to it.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Oy! Don't think you have been here long enough to know this. It is hard not to be optimistic about a team that is 3rd in the NL in runs per game, 3rd in pitching, and 3rd in run differential.

Sure it would be great to be first on all the categories, but people who are pessimistic about this team tend to jump on that wagon when there is a bad week.
Recency bias is a bitch, don't fall prey to it.
And soon to be 3rd in the division unless they start hitting and playing better period, I mean hell they are only a
Handful of games away from being in 5th in the division and the way they are currently hitting is so similar to how they hit in September last year when they choked away a 5 game lead and had their season come to an abrupt end in 2 days

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And soon to be 3rd in the division unless they start hitting and playing better period, I mean hell they are only a
Handful of games away from being in 5th in the division and the way they are currently hitting is so similar to how they hit in September last year when they choked away a 5 game lead and had their season come to an abrupt end in 2 days
Tremendous

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
People often confuse "choking" with another team just playing better at the right time. In no way shape or form is a 95 win season a choke. It is quite a myth, just like the famed 1969 season that these were choke jobs.
The Cubs second half winning percentage last year was .604, which extrapolated over a season is 97.8 wins. The win percentage in September was .571 which extrapolates out to 92.5 wins.

I'll take this choke job in every freaking year.

choyne35

Liked Posts:
Tremendous
Where is the great caratini at for tonight’s game? He gets like one start a week and will probably get called upon to pinch hit tonight with runners on and he will strike out to end a
Potential rally but quite a few people on here thinks he’s such a good hitter and a plus is he’s a switch hitter but you know that they say about guys that can hit is that they will find a position for you yet joe only starts him once a week

choyne35

Liked Posts:
People often confuse "choking" with another team just playing better at the right time. In no way shape or form is a 95 win season a choke. It is quite a myth, just like the famed 1969 season that these were choke jobs.
The Cubs second half winning percentage last year was .604, which extrapolated over a season is 97.8 wins. The win percentage in September was .571 which extrapolates out to 92.5 wins.

I'll take this choke job in every freaking year.
Not when they blow a 5 game lead and fall apart offensively and miss a playoff series. I won’t take that ever again especially in September

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where is the great caratini at for tonight’s game? He gets like one start a week and will probably get called upon to pinch hit tonight with runners on and he will strike out to end a
Potential rally but quite a few people on here thinks he’s such a good hitter and a plus is he’s a switch hitter but you know that they say about guys that can hit is that they will find a position for you yet joe only starts him once a week
You are really bad at trolling

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Not when they blow a 5 game lead and fall apart offensively and miss a playoff series. I won’t take that ever again especially in September
They didn't blow a 5 game lead. Milwaukee went 19-7 in September. Milwaukee simply won it, plain and simple. We only had a 5 game lead because Milwaukee had a bad August.