Tyrus not being shopped and some BG talk

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=296041

• Are the Bulls shopping Tyrus Thomas?

No. They were definitely disappointed in his playoff performance. Thomas was the late-game hero in the series-opening win at Boston, then all but disappeared for the next six contests and acted out when he was pulled from games.

Overall, though, Thomas made strides in his third pro season, and if he can make a similar jump this summer, he should be fine. Thomas works hard enough, but one of his biggest problems right now is just accepting criticism, either from the coaching staff or teammates.

That said, would the Bulls trade Thomas for Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer this summer? Of course, but a blockbuster trade is always a long shot. The Bulls know Thomas has too much talent to simply give up on him.

Looks to me Bulls are trying to show other teams they still have faith in him and make it look like they believe he has potential to continue to improve drastically in order to boost demand for Ty. I know he is one Bull that will be made available during the offseason, I just think management, coaching, and his teammates are tired of his laziness and his Jeckle and Hyde play.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
• Is Detroit the most likely landing spot for free agent Ben Gordon?

The Pistons will have the most cap room because Allen Iverson is not coming back and Rasheed Wallace's return is questionable. But I'd have to say no on Gordon to the Pistons, unless Joe Dumars makes radical changes to the roster.

Why would the Pistons want to spend their cap money on Gordon to back up Richard Hamilton? Playing them together doesn't make much sense because neither is a point guard and Hamilton would make a very small small forward.

Detroit's top priority will be a big man. Free agents Lamar Odom and Carlos Boozer figure to be the main targets, along with a possible salary-absorbing trade for Amare Stoudemire.

Don't count out Oklahoma City as a Gordon suitor. Remember, longtime Bulls assistant coach Ron Adams is now with the Thunder and might recommend Gordon to play between Russell Westbrook and Jeff Green.

Dont see many suitors for BG, however these two teams are not a good fit. I see Atlanta as a team that may make a run at him. Put Joe at the pg and Ben at the two. Teams wont be willing to ruin a chance at 2010 for Ben.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I think Iverson will play in the NBA. I could see San Antonio picking him up and starting him at shooting guard next to Parker.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I think Iverson will play in the NBA. I could see San Antonio picking him up and starting him at shooting guard next to Parker.

I dont see anyone giving AI anything other than a one year deal. Say one year 8 million. If I am a team like the Knicks I bring him in. He will sell tickets, expire after the season, and most importantly win enough games to avoid handing over the #1 pick over to the Jazz.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

I dont see anyone giving AI anything other than a one year deal. Say one year 8 million. If I am a team like the Knicks I bring him in. He will sell tickets, expire after the season, and most importantly win enough games to avoid handing over the #1 pick over to the Jazz.

I could see teams like the Spurs and Rockets giving AI a shot on the MLE. These teams are probably on the outside of the championship contender bubble, and a risk such as AI might be what can put them over the top.

I don't think he will retire though. I think he can get the MLE somewhere, and he will play for a shot at redemption.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=296041

• Are the Bulls shopping Tyrus Thomas?

No. They were definitely disappointed in his playoff performance. Thomas was the late-game hero in the series-opening win at Boston, then all but disappeared for the next six contests and acted out when he was pulled from games.

Overall, though, Thomas made strides in his third pro season, and if he can make a similar jump this summer, he should be fine. Thomas works hard enough, but one of his biggest problems right now is just accepting criticism, either from the coaching staff or teammates.

That said, would the Bulls trade Thomas for Chris Bosh or Carlos Boozer this summer? Of course, but a blockbuster trade is always a long shot. The Bulls know Thomas has too much talent to simply give up on him.

Looks to me Bulls are trying to show other teams they still have faith in him and make it look like they believe he has potential to continue to improve drastically in order to boost demand for Ty. I know he is one Bull that will be made available during the offseason, I just think management, coaching, and his teammates are tired of his laziness and his Jeckle and Hyde play.
Cmon bro u know u love Ty stop fronting..lol Tyrus will be a Bull next season will improve his play as he does every season and well all live on happily ever after..BTW..Skool im sure everyone on the roster other than Rose could be avaible in the right deal,i dont know why Ty is getting singled out.Its fine be me th;) ough because when he does break out finally ill be one of the few who can say i told ya so.,and you know i will buddy..lol

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Ya I definetely agree Tyrus will break out. When he's playing in the Dleague definetely

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
All Tyrus needs to do is make a jump again like he did in 08/09... I like the fact that he is working with Ben's trainer.... Tyrus is already back to work and it's only May.... Unless we get a stud PF we all just gotta be patient and let this core grow some

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Ya I definetely agree Tyrus will break out. When he's playing in the Dleague definetely

Tyrus is not a D-League player and he made nice strides this season. People must remember this is his 1st year playing 20 minutes or more.

He made some mistakes and has stuff he needs to work on. We all just gotta hope he can fix them.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
It's all semantics, but there is a middle ground between "not shopping Tyrus" and "willing to trade him for a star," just as there is a big difference between "dumping/giving up" on someone and being willing to "move on." I'd be shocked if Tyrus isn't "available," but I'd also be upset if he was simply dumped, traded to merely be removed from the roster. If Tyrus and Kirk can get us an upgrade at PF/C, however, I'd say it's a worthwhile trade.

I'm somewhat bemused by the overwhelming negativity on Tyrus now, as it seems the Bulls fans consensus is that he's now officially a major bust after the playoffs. Last year, I was losing my mind at how blind most fans were to his flaws, but this year it seems that everyone is totally ignoring how strong he looked during a particularly sustained stretch of the season. Three months ago, people were starting to ask IF they'd trade him for a star! Now, that was hogwash, but it's also probably premature to bury his career after looking like junk during the last five games of the playoffs.

Once again, I'd argue that the truth is somewhere in the middle. He had the best year of his career, and showed that the talent is really there, but he also showed that he's not there yet and can still be a mindbogglingly frustrating player (my greatest critique of his game has always been the mental aspect, and while he's shown me he's grown up a touch this past season, he still doesn't really get it). To me, that adds up to someone you're willing to move but not necessarily someone you have to move.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
I also wonder if the Bulls are hoping to re-shape the perception of the situation. Say they really do want to trade him, it doesn't help his value for the world to think that they are dumping him.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
That is simply a foolsh statement..:dry:

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Tyrus never really broke out during the Summer League, so thinking he'll do it in the D League is even a stretch.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
I was going to right a long argument in Tys behalf,but than i realized some people are just haters and dont recognize the devolopment of 22 yr old kid..O well...GO TYRUS!!

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
I was joking about Dleague think. Instead though you just gave people negative karma just because you have man crush on Tyrus. I don't get how he is going to break out though? The Bulls really don't even need his offense from him. They need him to hustle on every play, cover the big man line, don't try to block every shot, rotate on defense, put on some muscle

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

I could realistically see AI reviving his career as their starting PG if he buys into DanTony's system. AI isn't washed up or a cancer, he just needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He is not going to win you a ring but with one of his better years he may have enough to sneak the Knicks into the postseason, they weren't that far off at one point in the year.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Didnt know you were joking and yes i would give someone who seriously made a comment like that negative karma..Why wouldnt he break through he put up really nice numbers since january. He can only get better hes 22 for christ sake,the two thing i want to see from TY as ive said before is learnng to play within himself and toughen up around the rim not only on finishes but rebounding as well..Im not saying this kid is perfect but given 30-35 min a game next season i can see him putting up something like 15 and 6 or7 rebs a game with 2 shotblocks that not bad from someone who will be turning 23 during the season.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
If your going to be playing 35 minutes a game you better get more than 6 or 7 rebounds. You should he's going to break out though so wouldn't that be like 18,8,3? By the way read what the whole article says. It says Tyrus doesn't accept cricistism from his coach staff or teammates well? My question is if he's not learning how does he get better? In his head from some ereason he thinks he superstar when he couldn't even make a rotation for a title contending team

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Thats not the argument im making at all so i dont know what you are saying.What i mean is Tyrus in 27.9 minutes per game this yr got 10.8 pts 6.4 rebs and 1.9 blcks, its only natural to think hell get more than 27 minutes a game next season and naturally his numbers will improve..No were in any of my posts do i say anything about Tyrus not getting enough minutes.