Tyrus not being shopped and some BG talk

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Just because he may not accept critisim well in public dosent mean he dosent learn from it..How many times in your life has a parent scolded you in public for doing wrong and even though you were embarassed at the time later on in the day you say to yourself wow mom and dad were right.Obviously this kid has learned somethings other wise his numbers would get worse not better every yr..

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
He doesn't listen to coach, which isn't public. Its probably when there watching film or practing. Its not like Tyrus doesn't make the same mistakes just once, but over and over again

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
I doubt its as big a problem as being written if it were that bad and Ty was just not listening to anyone there would have been alot of talk about it during the actual season..Ty is young and sometimes young people make bad decissions,Noah had his run in with VDN the important thing is that the young guys grow and continue to improve.

OnePointSeven

Liked Posts:
There really isn't any news here. McGraw is essentially saying that were not willing to dump Tyrus for anyone other than an All Star. No kidding? Honestly, this is news? Tyrus' play this year was perfectly fine and he certainly wasn't disruptive to the point where we'd be looking to deal him at all costs.

I think Jonathon Givony's report on Tyrus was completely blown out of proportion. The Bulls actively trying to deal Tyrus didn't mean that the Bulls are looking to dump him at all costs which is how it was interpreted. The truth probably lies somewhere between Givony's report and McGraw's report. In other words, Tyrus is available if we get back Bosh, Amare' or someone else on that level.

As for AI, do you think he'd be willing to come off the bench for Boston? He could fill the scorer off the bench role for them very well and I believe they have the MLE to use (I could be wrong, but I'm too lazy to look it up :) ). It would give him a chance to win a ring and they have enough stars on their team to put him in check when needed.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Ok anyone who says Tyrus hasn't changed and doesn't learn hasn't watched him play. He went for the spectacular play much less this season, and that was obvious. In his first 2 years he would try to dunk or block every play. Even from the beginning of this year to the end he is going for pump fakes less and less. His jump shot has obviously improved although it was never as bad as people make it out to be. His passing has improved as well, he doesn't try to thread 4 defenders with a pass or go behind the back. He still makes some wild plays but c'mon here people this was his 3rd year, he is progressing just fine. Not everyone can be a superstar out of the gait. Look at Billups and Kobe, if it was there 3rd year you all would have traded them right out of town. Most big men take many years to develop, Jermaine Oneal took 7 yrs Ben Wallace took 5 yrs. Dwight Howard still doesn't have a great back to the basket post game, and we expect Tyrus to have one so quick? He is not a Derrick Rose and everyone except Derrick is available so stop singling Tyrus out. Oh that's right he is the one with the most talent that we didn't throw 10 million dollars at so he is the only one that other teams want, maybe cause they see his potential and are laughing if the Bulls give up on him after 3 yrs.

hardguy

Liked Posts:
It seems like Tyrus is letting all the "super athletic", "tremendous upside", and "unlimited potential" talk from these celebrity analysts like Reggie Miller get into his head. I think Tyrus is super athletic but potential and upside is just that and nothing more if he doesn't listen to his coaches who only wants him to become a better player. He will most likely improve his stats with more minutes as most players but the dumb plays and the turnovers will also go up with the minutes if he doesn't make better basketball decisions on the court. It seems like Tyrus rather listen to his manager or his "yes mans" and try to be the MAN and make the spectacular plays so he can make more cheese the next contract when he really needs to listen to his coaches instead and play within himself and just try to be solid and consistent and then go and try to improve from there. His game is not yet at the point that he can create his own shot by going one on one against a decent defense or defender. Hopefully he will be someday but until then, someone from the coaching staff should just sit him down for a couple days and point out every good and bad decision he made this past season especially in the playoff. He just needs to know that the Bulls are not good enough to overcome too many turnovers and win and that he needs to make good decisions with the basketball in every pocession especially in the playoff. The coaches just need to hold his hand like a kid and say no when needed since Tyrus does not seem like a player with high basketball IQ in my opinion.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Ya I definetely agree Tyrus will break out. When he's playing in the Dleague definetely
he'd be like the charles barkley of the d-league. i'm pretty sure he'd be unstopable. Teams better start their bidding.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
It's all semantics, but there is a middle ground between "not shopping Tyrus" and "willing to trade him for a star," just as there is a big difference between "dumping/giving up" on someone and being willing to "move on." I'd be shocked if Tyrus isn't "available," but I'd also be upset if he was simply dumped, traded to merely be removed from the roster. If Tyrus and Kirk can get us an upgrade at PF/C, however, I'd say it's a worthwhile trade.

I'm somewhat bemused by the overwhelming negativity on Tyrus now, as it seems the Bulls fans consensus is that he's now officially a major bust after the playoffs. Last year, I was losing my mind at how blind most fans were to his flaws, but this year it seems that everyone is totally ignoring how strong he looked during a particularly sustained stretch of the season. Three months ago, people were starting to ask IF they'd trade him for a star! Now, that was hogwash, but it's also probably premature to bury his career after looking like junk during the last five games of the playoffs.

Once again, I'd argue that the truth is somewhere in the middle. He had the best year of his career, and showed that the talent is really there, but he also showed that he's not there yet and can still be a mindbogglingly frustrating player (my greatest critique of his game has always been the mental aspect, and while he's shown me he's grown up a touch this past season, he still doesn't really get it). To me, that adds up to someone you're willing to move but not necessarily someone you have to move.

it's not that i dont like him. i love watching him play. he's athletic. he's a great shot blocker, and he's passionate. i hate being let down constantly. i just expect tyrus to have amazing games followed by craptacular games.

i'd like to trade tyrus/noah for a legitimate bigman that could solidify our team. If by some miracle we land amare, i'd like to keep noah. If by some miracle we land bynum, i'd like to keep tyrus.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
hardguy wrote:
It seems like Tyrus is letting all the "super athletic", "tremendous upside", and "unlimited potential" talk from these celebrity analysts like Reggie Miller get into his head. I think Tyrus is super athletic but potential and upside is just that and nothing more if he doesn't listen to his coaches who only wants him to become a better player. He will most likely improve his stats with more minutes as most players but the dumb plays and the turnovers will also go up with the minutes if he doesn't make better basketball decisions on the court. It seems like Tyrus rather listen to his manager or his "yes mans" and try to be the MAN and make the spectacular plays so he can make more cheese the next contract when he really needs to listen to his coaches instead and play within himself and just try to be solid and consistent and then go and try to improve from there. His game is not yet at the point that he can create his own shot by going one on one against a decent defense or defender. Hopefully he will be someday but until then, someone from the coaching staff should just sit him down for a couple days and point out every good and bad decision he made this past season especially in the playoff. He just needs to know that the Bulls are not good enough to overcome too many turnovers and win and that he needs to make good decisions with the basketball in every pocession especially in the playoff. The coaches just need to hold his hand like a kid and say no when needed since Tyrus does not seem like a player with high basketball IQ in my opinion.

I agree but that is what all good young players do, I am glad he wants to be great, unlike say a Luol Deng or Vince Carter guys who don't wanna be the man. The problem exists if he doesn't grow out of it, and this year was it, if he didn't realize that he has to earn the right to be the man then he never will. I agree I just think it is too early to tell.

For example a guy like Larry Hughes still doesn't get it. He has the talent to have been a great number 3 or 4 option on a team but instead he never gave up the fact that he is the man even in his old age he can't take a back seat. Pathetic. On the other hand lets take KG, who had a similar attitude and made similar mistakes as Tyurs. Obviously he is a little more talented but slowly he learned his limitations and became a great player, it is part of the process and surely you can't expect Tyrus to learn that all by 21 and his 3rd year in the league. Like I said before, he doesn't make as many mistakes as he used to and has shown improvement in his 3rd season. The 4th season is usually when you know what a guy is gonna be, the 3rd you wanna see improvement and he showed that what more do people want from the KID.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
Thats not the argument im making at all so i dont know what you are saying.What i mean is Tyrus in 27.9 minutes per game this yr got 10.8 pts 6.4 rebs and 1.9 blcks, its only natural to think hell get more than 27 minutes a game next season and naturally his numbers will improve..No were in any of my posts do i say anything about Tyrus not getting enough minutes.

it's not about the stats. it's that he doesnt play defense. frontcourt defense is pretty awesome. i kinda wish the bulls had some. c'est la vie.

If he keeps playing this way, i dont think he can start. tyrus reminds me of a younger birdman. i dont see it as amazing. i think tyrus could be a great 6th man/hustle/role player.

AirP

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
If your going to be playing 35 minutes a game you better get more than 6 or 7 rebounds. You should he's going to break out though so wouldn't that be like 18,8,3? By the way read what the whole article says. It says Tyrus doesn't accept cricistism from his coach staff or teammates well? My question is if he's not learning how does he get better? In his head from some ereason he thinks he superstar when he couldn't even make a rotation for a title contending team

PER36 minutes Tyrus put up 8.4 rebounds... that meets your minimum.

Tyrus played at a level when on the court that would have had him average 14 pts, 8.4 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in 36 minutes a night.

When Tyrus quits getting better by a solid amount, that's when we need to really start picking apart his game, not while he's developing.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
Thats not the argument im making at all so i dont know what you are saying.What i mean is Tyrus in 27.9 minutes per game this yr got 10.8 pts 6.4 rebs and 1.9 blcks, its only natural to think hell get more than 27 minutes a game next season and naturally his numbers will improve..No were in any of my posts do i say anything about Tyrus not getting enough minutes.

it's not about the stats. it's that he doesnt play defense. frontcourt defense is pretty awesome. i kinda wish the bulls had some. c'est la vie.

If he keeps playing this way, i dont think he can start. tyrus reminds me of a younger birdman. i dont see it as amazing. i think tyrus could be a great 6th man/hustle/role player.
I guess it was another guy wearing #24 that had 91 steals and 151 blocks for the Bulls this season, to me that counts as defense no ?

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:

I guess it was another guy wearing #24 that had 91 steals and 151 blocks for the Bulls this season, to me that counts as defense no ?

How many guys did he leave open coming from the weakside for blocks? How many offensive rebounds did we give up because he wasn't boxing out? Steals and blocks are nice but they are not the whole of playing defense.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:
SouL EateR wrote:

How many guys did he leave open coming from the weakside for blocks? How many offensive rebounds did we give up because he wasn't boxing out? Steals and blocks are nice but they are not the whole of playing defense.
Ok so hes not supposed to come over and help a teamate on the weakside and get a block ?The previous poster said he doesnt play defense thats what im arguing the fact is you dont get that many steals and blocks by not playing defense..As far as the rebounding goes ive been saying that Ty does have to improve and get stronger around the rim .

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I heard Jerry tell Chuck that he won't fall in love with any player. Basically, Tyrus Thomas is touchable.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
I heard Jerry tell Chuck that he won't fall in love with any player. Basically, Tyrus Thomas is touchable.
Any player on the Bulls is touchable in the right deal besides Rose..

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
SouL EateR wrote:
2ndcitydiehard wrote:
Ok so hes not supposed to come over and help a teamate on the weakside and get a block ?The previous poster said he doesnt play defense thats what im arguing the fact is you dont get that many steals and blocks by not playing defense..As far as the rebounding goes ive been saying that Ty does have to improve and get stronger around the rim .

He is supposed to help, but not in all situations. Tyrus is often overly eager to leave his guy to try and block a shot he has no realistic chance of contesting. This leaves his man either open for a pass or offensive board.

Tyrus has also not proven to be a particularly effective 1-on-1 defender. That's the difference between his blocks and Noah's: Joakim regularly blocks the man he's defending.

Now I am not suggesting Tryus is useless as a defender, far from it. His athleticism should make him a pest against guards on screen rolls and something to think about for anyone who has a clear path to the basket. However, for the things he does well he has some serious issues as well.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
2cndcity can you atleast agree than Tyrus has shown progression in his defense since his rookie season ? Imo during the Celtics series he did a pretty good job of blocking alot of there gaurds lay up attempts once they got past there defender.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4dj4iLIdc I usually dont like to post you tube videos to support a argument ,but this is for the people that say Tyrus plays no defense...Look at Rondo whos one of the fastest guys in the nba and watch Tyrus yes Tyrus busting it down court to get the block..I know you will say he needs to do that all the time not some of the time..lol

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Ok go live on your fantasy and go suck Tyrus dry. Sorry for the language, but these Tyrus lovers are the biggest morons on the planet. I go here to get away from Chicago Radio Talk, but I have to listen to it with these idiots. Go get his defensive stats for the whole game not just one play