Update on Deng's condition: Still not 100%

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Update on Deng's condition

I've received a mixed bag update on Luol Deng's stress fracture.
Sources tell me that Luol Deng has started his summer workouts, but he's still not 100% yet. He's rumored to be going down to IMG to work out with David Thorpe at some point, but he's presently in Chicago doing what he can while being cautious with the leg.

Some more at the link.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
If it's only another 3-4 weeks until 100% like you said though, than that is actually pretty good news.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
God I hate David Thorpe. Players dont improve under his training.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Udonis Haslem, Kevin Martin, and Courtney Lee have all flourished with Thorpe's training.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Udonis Haslem, Kevin Martin, and Courtney Lee have all flourished with Thorpe's training.

I could carless about those 3. His works with Ty, Noah, and Deng dont seem to be improving them.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Ya Noah hasn't improved

Noah improved in season. After a full summer of working out under Thorpe Noah looked like garbage to start the season. As the season went on he got better because we got the Thorpe out of him. I wish Bulls management wouldnt let our players train with him.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Its not like Thorpe is the main trainer. Its whole academy so I bet he has other people working for him and he oversees everything. Why is it Thorpe fault Noah decided to get high and drink all summer?

RPK

Liked Posts:
I think Thorpe is good at teaching fundamentals (jump shooting form, rebounding technique, movement without the basketball) but I want to see some of his kids come out with better post moves. None of them have developed back-to-the-basket spin or hook shots. Tyrus has been going for about 3 years and he still looks clumsy when he's near the basket and can't simply go up for a dunk.

wjb1492

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Ya Noah hasn't improved

Noah improved in season. After a full summer of working out under Thorpe Noah looked like garbage to start the season. As the season went on he got better because we got the Thorpe out of him. I wish Bulls management wouldnt let our players train with him.

Did Jo even work with them last summer? I thought it was just Lu and Tyrus last year.

And considering the guys were playing with a new rookie PG, under a new coach, and basically without a system, I'm not sure how you can blame a whole lot on Thorpe/whoever actually worked with them.