Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Oh sweet Jesus. Teabag coming back is worse than any loss to the Twins....

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should definitely help Viciedo's confidence...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Its good too see LEFTY is alive and well.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This should definitely help Viciedo's confidence...

this is a move that is a must. he doesnt play everyday, id rather have him playing everyday at a position in the minors than playing dh here every once in a while.

You know that's not going to happen.

i know i know. back to ozzies hard on for kotsay. arghhhh this situation sucks.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
id rather have him playing everyday at a position in the minors than playing dh here every once in a while.

But here's the thing, of his 82 PA's in his time with the club, only 8 of those have been from the DH spot (2 games started as DH) and 1 came from the 1B slot in a pinch-hitting role.

So Ozzie took a guy who 1.) by all accounts would be better off wearing his glove on his head at 3B and 2.) had played 51 of his previous 62 AAA games at 1B, and A.) played him almost exclusively at a position he's at the very least questionable at, B.) refused to play him regularly at the position the organization has been crafting him for as of late (3.2 innings at 1B) and C.) refused to work him into the lineup in a slot where he doesn't even have to play the field, mostly in favor of a 34-year old below-replacement-level player for whom he has personally undertaken the task of delivering a 400+ PA season.

But will anyone be talking about this in the off-season should the team make the playoffs or barely miss them? No, all the morons and mouth-breathers will be heralding "Ozzieball", lauding the fact that the team stole a lot of bases and blathering about how Ozzie turned this team into a playoff contender with "his guys". God I hate this town.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But here's the thing, of his 82 PA's in his time with the club, only 8 of those have been from the DH spot (2 games started as DH) and 1 came from the 1B slot in a pinch-hitting role.

So Ozzie took a guy who 1.) by all accounts would be better off wearing his glove on his head at 3B and 2.) had played 51 of his previous 62 AAA games at 1B, and A.) played him almost exclusively at a position he's at the very least questionable at, B.) refused to play him regularly at the position the organization has been crafting him for as of late (3.2 innings at 1B) and C.) refused to work him into the lineup in a slot where he doesn't even have to play the field, mostly in favor of a 34-year old below-replacement-level player for whom he has personally undertaken the task of delivering a 400+ PA season.

But will anyone be talking about this in the off-season should the team make the playoffs or barely miss them? No, all the morons and mouth-breathers will be heralding "Ozzieball", lauding the fact that the team stole a lot of bases and blathering about how Ozzie turned this team into a playoff contender with "his guys". God I hate this town.

i was speaking in general.

viciedo at 3rd is bad.

viciedo at 1b probably fine

i dont hate ozzie, i do however disagree with alot of moves he does make....especially falling in love with certain guys.

ozzies plan: will either get us to NOT win the division, and if we are lucky and get in....it will be lights out in the first round.