Watson vs Mahomes vs Trubisky: 2017 1st Round QB Year 2 Reflection

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Why is it odd? If Mahomes squeaks out a 9-7 season with Fox, how can you magically assume Fox would be still be fired? Maybe he just brings in a new OC like DeFillipo?

Or does it just have to fit a narrative you prefer, to be plausible?

For the record, I wanted Mahomes very early in the draft process.

Also for the record, I think you can easily win a Super Bowl with any of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

Instead we're headed into season four with Trubisky, who's average at best.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Not what I am saying at all. I am saying this dumb hypothetical is a poor attempt by Bears fans to rationalize us passing on a guy that put up 50 TDs this year. If Mahomes had sucked this year then this debate would not exist. Ya'll only coming up with this dumb shit because he had 50 TDs. That is the point.

Except I never said anything on passing up on him in the draft. I responded to sagbear saying that imagine if Mahomes was put into the Bears situation Fox/Shit WR etc..

I replied with Cutler 2.0

you brought 50TD and passing up in the draft to ME. Now the only reason you would bring up the 50TD to me is that you would still think that he would get 50TD under fox/loggans run team and not be cutler 2.0, OR your own vortex has you confused and your applying arguments that you have with others in this thread to me..

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox was already a lame duck with one foot out the door. These are just pathetic attempts to justify passing on the far superior QB. IMO, if Pace had drafted Mahomes we'd have had a historic turnaround and a SB trophy. This season would have been legendary.

tenor.gif

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol... change your tampon.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Are you seriously going to ignore he fell into a perfect situation in KC? Yes Mahomes is special and has a chance to be an all time great and we should have taken him over Mitch but so is his situation.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

First of all, you cannot prove what you say about Mahomes, it is all conjecture. It is nice to fool oneself into believing something better would happen if only this one thing happened.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I guess I missed Trubisky’s third season. How was it?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is it odd? If Mahomes squeaks out a 9-7 season with Fox, how can you magically assume Fox would be still be fired? Maybe he just brings in a new OC like DeFillipo?

Or does it just have to fit a narrative you prefer, to be plausible?

For the record, I wanted Mahomes very early in the draft process.

Also for the record, I think you can easily win a Super Bowl with any of the 3.

The huge assumption is he squeaks out 9-7. Based on what? It would have been his first year learning an NFL offense and the supporting cast would have been absolute shit. So not sure how you figure he gets Fox to 9 wins.

We don't know how much he benefited from sitting for an entire year learning so not sure how we make the quantum leap to 9-7.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The huge assumption is he squeaks out 9-7. Based on what? It would have been his first year learning an NFL offense and the supporting cast would have been absolute shit. So not sure how you figure he gets Fox to 9 wins.

We don't know how much he benefited from sitting for an entire year learning so not sure how we make the quantum leap to 9-7.

Watson and Mahomes both would have struggled with Fox and that WR crew. Hell, Tom Brady would have had a tough time.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except I never said anything on passing up on him in the draft. I responded to sagbear saying that imagine if Mahomes was put into the Bears situation Fox/Shit WR etc..

I replied with Cutler 2.0

you brought 50TD and passing up in the draft to ME. Now the only reason you would bring up the 50TD to me is that you would still think that he would get 50TD under fox/loggans run team and not be cutler 2.0, OR your own vortex has you confused and your applying arguments that you have with others in this thread to me..

No I am saying Sag's entire scenario was to justify not taking a guy who ended up with 50 TDs. Read it again.

Imagine Mahomes not being able to sit for a year behind a good veteran QB whos biggest strengths are Mahomes biggest weaknesses and a coaching staff thats been able to groom him, Imagine him being thrust into our starting line up with Fox as his head coach and Inman as his #1 receiver.

This was not talking about the stats he would put up under Fox. This is saying he blew up this year because he sat last year and learned. So he was trying to imply the 50 TD season would not have happened without his sitting so your Cutler 2.0 comment seemed to be saying he would have developed into Cutler not merely referring to his performance under Fox.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First of all, you cannot prove what you say about Mahomes, it is all conjecture. It is nice to fool oneself into believing something better would happen if only this one thing happened.

You also can't prove Fox will still be here but you still thanking posts that did so. So it is just a question of which conjecture you choose to support.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No I am saying Sag's entire scenario was to justify not taking a guy who ended up with 50 TDs. Read it again.

This was not talking about the stats he would put up under Fox. This is saying he blew up this year because he sat last year and learned. So he was trying to imply the 50 TD season would not have happened without his sitting so your Cutler 2.0 comment seemed to be saying he would have developed into Cutler not merely referring to his performance under Fox.

No its real simple he said imagine if he didnt sit for a year and was put into the shit show that was FOX/loggins/shitty WRs

I imagine that that scenario would produce results equal to what we have seen from Cutler.

Its really not complicated. Simple question and a simple answer

now if you want to argue about people NOT wanting to draft him then go ahead a quote the person WHO ACTUALLY SAID NOT TO DRAFT HIM..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No its real simple he said imagine if he didnt sit for a year and was put into the shit show that was FOX/loggins/shitty WRs

I imagine that that scenario would produce results equal to what we have seen from Cutler.

Its really not complicated. Simple question and a simple answer

now if you want to argue about people NOT wanting to draft him then go ahead a quote the person WHO ACTUALLY SAID NOT TO DRAFT HIM..

Yes that is what he said. I am saying he said it to suggest his development would have been hindered and he would not have put up 50 TDs.

Imagine how much better we would be with the extra picks we could've had from not trading up, but instead trading back and taking Mahomes.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is the post Sag quoted. It is obvious his scenario was addressing the above. So forgive me if I simply read things in context. He was trying to justify not drafting Mahomes as the above post he responded to indicated.

Now it is perfectly fine if your response was not refering to the above because you didnt understand the context but I read your response in light of the original discussion which was about keeping the picks and drafting Mahomes instead of Trubs.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yes that is what he said. I am saying he said it to suggest his development would have been hindered and he would not have put up 50 TDs.

This is the post Sag quoted. It is obvious his scenario was addressing the above. So forgive me if I simply read things in context. He was trying to justify not drafting Mahomes as the above post he responded to indicated.

Now it is perfectly fine if your response was not refering to the above because you didnt understand the context but I read your response in light of the original discussion which was about keeping the picks and drafting Mahomes instead of Trubs.

and no where did he say not to draft him..

It was a "imagine" where we would be with Mahomes AND more draft picks, and he was bringing to light that Mahomes would not be the same player on the Bears and being developed by Fox/Loggins as he was on the Chiefs.

Now if you want to really argue his post then post your own reply to where Mahomes would be development wise dealing with Fox.. Or i guess you could keep with the strawman arguments.. lol

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and no where did he say not to draft him..

It was a "imagine" where we would be with Mahomes AND more draft picks, and he was bringing to light that Mahomes would not be the same player on the Bears and being developed by Fox/Loggins as he was on the Chiefs.

Now if you want to really argue his post then post your own reply to where Mahomes would be development wise dealing with Fox.. Or i guess you could keep with the strawman arguments.. lol

Burque brought up a scenario of drafting Mahomes and keeping the picks. The only reason for Sag to respond as he did is to suggest that would be a bad idea. Not sure why you pretending the intent was otherwise.

Trubs ultimately survived Fox so not sure why we acting like Mahomes could not have.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Burque brought up a scenario of drafting Mahomes and keeping the picks. The only reason for Sag to respond as he did is to suggest that would be a bad idea. Not sure why you pretending the intent was otherwise.

Trubs ultimately survived Fox so not sure why we acting like Mahomes could not have.

so going to stick with the strawman argument i see..

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You also can't prove Fox will still be here but you still thanking posts that did so. So it is just a question of which conjecture you choose to support.

Fox is not here and nothing will change that.
The conjecture is that Mahomes would have won a super bowl here and had a legendary season. I can thank any post that I feel is relevant. Which I did.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
The conjecture is that Mahomes would have won a super bowl here and had a legendary season. I can thank any post that I feel is relevant. Which I did.

I really think that is a legit question...not necessarily if Mahomes would have had a legendary season with the Bears in 2018 (I don't think he would have), but if the Bears would have won the Super Bowl this year if they had Mahomes instead of Trubisky.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The point is your are complaining about conjecture while thanking posts filled of conjecture. That is your right as it is my right to point out how hypocritical it is.