WC Final Mock Draft [In Progress]

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1[19] DE Whitney Mercilus [Illinois] 6'4" 265lbs.

The Bears need more pass rush and the 1st round is stocked with talented DEs with question marks. Mercilus is a one year wonder and he is a raw player, but you cannot teach what he has. Mercilus has incredible physical ability and relentless effort. He may be a rotational player at first, but Mayock compared him to Aldon Smith.

whitney-mercilus-illinois.jpg

Back Up Plan: If you want athletic ability it is Chandler Jones and if you want attitude and intensity it is Courtney Upshaw.

2[50] WR Brian Quick [Apalachian State] 6'4" 225lbs.

The Bears need a #2 WR that can allow Bennett to play in the slot, where he is at his best, and allow Hester to stay on the bench, were he belongs. Quick has some rough edges, but he also has incredible size, very solid speed and good hands. Some people under rate him because he comes from a small school, but he player Janoris Jenkins and Jaron Hosley over his career. Quick gives the Bears to massive targets in the passing game.

BrianQuick.jpg

Back Up Plan: I think Jeffery will be gone by now, but A.J Jenkins and Rueben Randle could be fall back players.

3[79] CB Josh Norman [Costal Carolina] 6'2" 200lbs.

I believe that the Bears think that Tillman's age and injury issues are a concern in a division that features 2 incredible passing attacks. After Tillman the Bears have a collection of back ups that are not elite starters. Norman has the size and speed to be an impact starter at CB at some point in his career. He also has showed the hands that Lovie covets during the all star game circuit.

ccu-normanlatest-e1323997547587-300x298_original.jpg

4. OG Ryan Miller [Colorado] 6'6" 326lbs.

The Bears signed Chilo Rachal and they have good young OG talent, which should allow them to move Chris Williams to LT. Miller provides the massive frame and versatility that Mike Tice loves to have in his OL. Miller, who played OG at Colorado, can back up at LT and at both OG spots and has the strength and tempremant to start for the Bears down the road.

uspw_5739082-420x315.jpg

5. TE Adrian Robinson [Cincinnati] 6'4" 261lbs.

The Bears allowed Mike Martz to strip all of the dynamicmess out of the TE position and leave them with an unproven player in Kellen Davis and a glorified OT in Matt Spaeth. Davis will start and be given every oppurtunity to thrive, but we need a dynamic athlete to develop behind him in case he struggles. Robinson is an elite athlete that is just starting to scratch his potential as a reciever and he would add some speed to threaten the deep seam.

ncf_a_robinson_gb1_576.jpg

6. DT Brett Roy [Nevada] 6'2" 285lbs.

Roy is undersized and he may not have all the physical skills you look for, but he has a relentless style and enough of a burst to be a disruptive player. Roy reminds me physically and Carl Klugg of the Titans and he plays a similar game to Chris Hovan in that he approaches each snap as a street fight. While Paea, Toenia and Melton handle a majority of the snaps Roy can come in and provide some interior pass rush.

7260750.jpeg

7. LB Danny Trevathan [Kentucky] 6' 240lbs.

The Bears have addressed their depth issue with Geno Hayes but they need to continue to add young developmental players. Trevathan has the on field speed to be worthy of development at the WLB position and will contribute day 1 on speacial teams.

ncf_u_trevathan_ps_600.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, Campbell, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Bell, Clutts
WR: Marshall, Quick, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Thomas, Knox [PUP]
TE: Davis, Robinson, Spaeth
LT: Webb/Chris Williams
LG: Louis/Rachal
C: Garza, E. Williams
RG: Spencer, Miller
RT: Carimi

RE: Peppers, Wootton
DT: Melton, Roy
NT: Paea, Toeina
LE: Idonije/Mercilus
SLB: Roach, Costanzo, Trahan
MLB: Urlacher, Dicico
WLB: Briggs, Hayes, Trevathan
CB: Tillman, Jennings/Norman, D.J Moore, Hayden
FS: Conte, Wilhite, Walter
SS: Wright, Steltz

Last edited:

thedude33

Liked Posts:
Starting to think the Bears need to move up to make sure they get a guy they like.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm starting come around to taking Brockers in the 1st

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Starting to think the Bears need to move up to make sure they get a guy they like.

That would be a terrible mistake imo not 2 much diffidence in talent from 19 to 12 would be not worth the price

thedude33

Liked Posts:
They really need a stud first-round pick. Why wait to see how falls?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
That would be a terrible mistake imo not 2 much diffidence in talent from 19 to 12 would be not worth the price

I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'm not so sure we don't trade down for an extra pick.

thedude33

Liked Posts:
They don't need more backups. They need starters - good starters.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
I couldn't agree more. In fact, I'm not so sure we don't trade down for an extra pick.

I feel like at 19, there will be 2-4 players still on the board that they're all comfortable with. I'd love to see a trade down.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This team needs as many assets as possible going forward.

Trading up eliminates assets for one star.

Trading down lends itself to gaining more "lottery tickets."