Week 2 RE-WATCH: A Defensive Slug-fest thru 3 Quarters; Won in the 4th by Critical TO

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I think he has that potential. He has the athleticism for it.
Russell Wilson is also a much better passer though. I think Mitch gets top 10 but top 7 is probably his ceiling

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson is also a much better passer though. I think Mitch gets top 10 but top 7 is probably his ceiling

I'm not going to get that specific. Trubisky has the athleticism like Wilson and Trubisky has shown flashes of being a top notch passer.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The football geek in me came out a bit and I analyzed the shit out those three games. I posted here that there was measurable improvement from week 1 to 3....from time in the pocket to delivery. He held on to the ball less each game and was looking to throw even before he took off and ran as opposed to just putting his head down and bolting.

You had to really look for it but the improvement was there...

I also saw him add more things throughout the year......if he gets those intermediate passes down, he will be very near the talent Wilson is.

I remember giving you a hard time for your metric you used for improvement.

I can't recall what it was ... something about a "quality pass" or something? Anyway I remember it being very subjective and relieving nothing for me (but I also had no access to Gamepass back then)

Just watching the first two games with coaches' film, I can say I believe Mitch played marginally better vs. SEA then GB. He definitely cut his time with the ball down but that also brought a whole new batch of issues like too early throws and no patience nor even awareness that there were other receivers out there besides the first read.

My take is that Nagy was focusing on working in one "big idea" a week and slowly working him forward.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember giving you a hard time for your metric you used for improvement.

I can't recall what it was ... something about a "quality pass" or something? Anyway I remember it being very subjective and relieving nothing for me (but I also had no access to Gamepass back then)

Just watching the first two games with coaches' film, I can say I believe Mitch played marginally better vs. SEA then GB. He definitely cut his time with the ball down but that also brought a whole new batch of issues like too early throws and no patience nor even awareness that there were other receivers out there besides the first read.

My take is that Nagy was focusing on working in one "big idea" a week and slowly working him forward.

I think my big take away was time spent in the pocket....time to throw and also how he was setting his feet. It got better each game.

It was obvious Trubisky was learning the system and when you get better and more things are put on your plate your learning curve isn’t always going to be predictable.

FoCo

Liked Posts:
What are we basing him being a top 10 qb on? Opinion? Stats? And whose opinions or what specific stats are we looking at to determine a qb ranking in the NFL?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What are we basing him being a top 10 qb on? Opinion? Stats? And whose opinions or what specific stats are we looking at to determine a qb ranking in the NFL?

I think the honest way is stats. Few people are giving Trubisky credit for the Bears success last year, even though he did a lot of what was asked of him.

I think it is a general overall opinion based on an amalgamation of yards, TDs, INTs and completion percentage.

If it can be argued he has top ten stats reasonably, then I think you make a case of a successful draft choice.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I think the honest way is stats. Few people are giving Trubisky credit for the Bears success last year, even though he did a lot of what was asked of him.

After Chase Daniel in NY and his closing run of games from Rams on, I was and am willing to give him a large credit for the success, but obviously behind many defensive standout players and the defense as a whole.