Were expectations too high for the Sox?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's still relatively early, but the lineup that looked like it was going to produce runs has been very disappointing and the bullpen has blown game after game. Even the starting pitching hasn't been as dominant or consistent as predicted. Was the "All In" slogan just BS or did we expect too much out of this team this year?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think CHW fans expected to much. they have good team on paper...nice lineup, nice SP, Bullpen was a question mark but still decent...just rough start....lucky MIN,DET also bad starts...dont see CLE staying this hot

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's still relatively early, but the lineup that looked like it was going to produce runs has been very disappointing and the bullpen has blown game after game. Even the starting pitching hasn't been as dominant or consistent as predicted. Was the "All In" slogan just BS or did we expect too much out of this team this year?

To compete in the AL central, you dont have to be loaded top to bottom, they had enough to win this division. Look at the division right now, its fucked up, no one could have projected that after april.

We wonn 88 games with Kotsay at DH and replaced him with Dunn.

Still at this point since the games have been played through April, I dont see them winning this division, atleast not with one of the worst in game managers in baseball.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
We have a ton enough to win the central.

Starting Pitching, a decent bullpen with prospects, and excellent batting and good fielding ability at most positions.

For some reason we aren't clicking...

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before the season, I saw you guys winning the division by a decent margin and getting knocked out early by the AL East winner and that's still my prediction. Cleveland and KC are cute now but they're gonna be bottom of the division barrel soon enough.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think so. I think they'll still compete for an AL-C title...just gotta get rid of that dumbass coach.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
the first week was what i thought it would be like, then the bullpen imploded, and its been like that ever since,... Expectations were not too high, with the signings for the lineup, the pitching,...... the only problem i saw in the offseason was that we kept losing arms in the bullpen and did nothing to replenish them.