What Are You Eating Right Now?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I tried the keto. It simply isn't for me. My metabolism is so god dang money, I eat what I want. But I lift heavy. And don't get me wrong, I don't reach for junk food either. I just take in a epic butt ton of carbs and protein per day. My wife does well with it though so I understand what it is. Just not for me.
Keto and IF go hand in hand. I had always been the type to skip breakfast simply cause I'm not hungry for next few hours after I wake so that and the health benefits were what first attracted me. I also tend to veer away from that which is conventional thinking so it seemed perfect for me. Eat the same amount or more, just change the macros up and declare war on sugar while also extending the non-eating window just a bit. I didn't expect the results I got early on nor did I think I'd stick to it long term.

The weight loss was very different with keto/IF than it ever had been for me in the past. Usually I'd just take my weight back down to 200 cause that was easiest and seemed to be the sweet spot for me. On the rare occasion I attempted to go 10 pounds lighter, I'd get those type comments from people saying "you've lost too much weight" and it did feel like that even to me. Felt weaker and gaunt so then kept 200 as the target.

With keto/IF, it felt like the fat just rapidly melted off while sparing the muscle that had usually been taken with it. Felt stronger and never got those sluggish days like in the past. Has just been a perfect fit for me. Look cut as if I'm working hard at it but I'm not. Would be more of a struggle, at this point, to add weight than it would be to lose it for me unless I changed my eating habits.

Once you understand the whole concept behind it, it makes perfect sense. Not gonna be for everyone but was a good fit for me. Most people just have the wrong idea about it. They think it's kind of a cult of people who believe they can ironically lose fat by eating a ton of fat. It's not that. Not at all and if people who try a keto diet think that, they will fail.

There are those much fewer peeps who are able to stay in relatively good shape and never diet. Even that makes sense to me so I wouldn't exactly call bs on that. Those who never diet will never cause their metabolisms to significantly slow down so as long as they eat relatively good food and exercise and don't overeat a lot, they should be fine. It's every time people diet that their metabolisms slow down and it's a cumulative effect in that the more often they diet the slower and slower their metabolism gets. It's not something that just self corrects when you stop restricting calories.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Keto and IF go hand in hand. I had always been the type to skip breakfast simply cause I'm not hungry for next few hours after I wake so that and the health benefits were what first attracted me. I also tend to veer away from that which is conventional thinking so it seemed perfect for me. Eat the same amount or more, just change the macros up and declare war on sugar while also extending the non-eating window just a bit. I didn't expect the results I got early on nor did I think I'd stick to it long term.

The weight loss was very different with keto/IF than it ever had been for me in the past. Usually I'd just take my weight back down to 200 cause that was easiest and seemed to be the sweet spot for me. On the rare occasion I attempted to go 10 pounds lighter, I'd get those type comments from people saying "you've lost too much weight" and it did feel like that even to me. Felt weaker and gaunt so then kept 200 as the target.

With keto/IF, it felt like the fat just rapidly melted off while sparing the muscle that had usually been taken with it. Felt stronger and never got those sluggish days like in the past. Has just been a perfect fit for me. Look cut as if I'm working hard at it but I'm not. Would be more of a struggle, at this point, to add weight than it would be to lose it for me unless I changed my eating habits.

Once you understand the whole concept behind it, it makes perfect sense. Not gonna be for everyone but was a good fit for me. Most people just have the wrong idea about it. They think it's kind of a cult of people who believe they can ironically lose fat by eating a ton of fat. It's not that. Not at all and if people who try a keto diet think that, they will fail.

There are those much fewer peeps who are able to stay in relatively good shape and never diet. Even that makes sense to me so I wouldn't exactly call bs on that. Those who never diet will never cause their metabolisms to significantly slow down so as long as they eat relatively good food and exercise and don't overeat a lot, they should be fine. It's every time people diet that their metabolisms slow down and it's a cumulative effect in that the more often they diet the slower and slower their metabolism gets. It's not something that just self corrects when you stop restricting calories.
Did you get the flu symptoms and a rash? my wife gets the keto flu and my co-worker gets a nasty rash. His doctor also got pissed at him for losing too much weight too fast. He basically lost a midget in 40 days. He is much lighter nut back on carbs by doctors orders.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you get the flu symptoms and a rash? my wife gets the keto flu and my co-worker gets a nasty rash. His doctor also got pissed at him for losing too much weight too fast. He basically lost a midget in 40 days. He is much lighter nut back on carbs by doctors orders.
No, not really. The keto flu is easier to avoid than the rash cause the cause for the rash isn't exactly known, it's just been linked somewhat to ketones in the body. Many theories what causes and also what cures it but nothing concrete. It's my understanding it's not at all dangerous but annoying as hell.

The keto flu comes from lack of electrolytes when going from the standard diet which is high in carbs to any diet very low in carbs. Carbs cause you to retain a lot more water so when you go low carb, much of that water is flushed from your system and takes the electrolytes with it. Just need to put them back which can be done simply by adding more salt (sea salt or real salt) and green veggies. Spinach is a real good provider of key electrolytes and, as luck would have it, my favorite. Increasing potassium, specifically, is something that can often help anyone who frequently gets headaches.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My wife just made one of the greatest simple dishes ever....
Polish sausage, with potatoes onions and corn.....and it’s not even my birthday,

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The lack of electrolytes when I go on keto make my heart more prone to skipping beats. It's annoying but not dangerous. Lemons make it go away.

I've done a couple month + long ketos and the weight comes off for the first 2-3 weeks but I can't make it go down after that unless I cut calories significantly. Doing a little IF here and there. I think that's actually more in line with weight loss, at least for me. Still, I've lost about 20 lbs in 9 months of on-off keto.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wife making me Chicken alfredo tonight. Fingers crossed it turns out OK and if it doesn't then fuck it. I didn't have to make it.
Used to be a favorite of mine. Really pretty simple and hard to fuck up even if you choose to make the sauce yourself. For the sauce you just need to throw some heavy cream in a pan and add butter and parmesan cheese and stir til it all melts then just add spices like salt pepper and garlic. The sauce and chicken part of it are keto-like. I'd like to give it all a try with zucchini pasta and see how that works out.
I've done a couple month + long ketos and the weight comes off for the first 2-3 weeks but I can't make it go down after that unless I cut calories significantly. Doing a little IF here and there. I think that's actually more in line with weight loss, at least for me. Still, I've lost about 20 lbs in 9 months of on-off keto.
Keto, itself, isn't really about weight loss per se. That's more what IF is for and when the 2 are combined, that's when it's optimal for weight loss. You can lose weight on IF alone too, even without doing keto. Where keto comes in handy when combined with IF is fat has a much lesser affect on insulin than sugar so when you go into that non eating window of 16 hours or more, your insulin level will already be low and return to baseline much faster than if you've eaten carbs and once it returns to baseline the stored fat can be accessed and used for energy. So when you combine keto with IF, much more of that time in the non eating window is going to be used burning stored fat.

The idea behind it all is to take control of the hormones which are what actually controls the body weight. Think of insulin as a fat blocker, as long as it is raised all access to stored body fat is blocked. So even if doing keto, if you're eating frequently throughout the day, yeah, your body will burn fat cause you're not giving it the sugar to burn but it will burn the fat from the food that is constantly coming in. Still need longer stretches in which that food is not coming in and the body has to use stored fat as energy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Used to be a favorite of mine. Really pretty simple and hard to fuck up even if you choose to make the sauce yourself. For the sauce you just need to throw some heavy cream in a pan and add butter and parmesan cheese and stir til it all melts then just add spices like salt pepper and garlic. The sauce and chicken part of it are keto-like. I'd like to give it all a try with zucchini pasta and see how that works out.

Turned out pretty good. A little bland, but baby steps here. At the end of the day, it's just noodles, chicken and sauce.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

How tall are you?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alfredo sauce is pretty disgusting.

I used to say the same because that stuff you buy in a jar for three dollars is gross.

Made from scratch with quality dairy ingredients is just creamy goodness. My wife is stellar at it. A few times a year I even talk her into making homemade mac & cheese that will just ruin you for that boxed crap.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I used to say the same because that stuff you buy in a jar for three dollars is gross.

Made from scratch with quality dairy ingredients is just creamy goodness. My wife is stellar at it. A few times a year I even talk her into making homemade mac & cheese that will just ruin you for that boxed crap.

I made alfredo once. Maybe I fucked it up, but I hated it. As far as mac n cheese, I've only eaten the boxed garbage a handful of times in my life, and they were all before I was 10 lol. Homemade mac n cheese is just so fantastic, and you could make it a thousand different ways.