What current Bear could Pace trade to move up in the draft?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I was looking at the Bears roster to see who Pace could use in a trade to improve draft position. I could only come up with two guys who the Bears might be willing to send off, and (more importantly, since this is CCS) who other NFL teams might find useful....Kyle Long and Danny Trevathan.

I think Long would make the most sense. He has two years left on his contract that are relatively 'team-friendly', with the second year being a team-option year. He is a good player when healthy, and NFL teams are always looking for quality OL guys. I could see a contending team or a team who is trying to develop a young QB have interest in acquiring Long.

Trevathan is in the last year of his deal, and at $6.4M he's not necessarily a bargain. I'm not sure if Trevathan is a good enough player for an NFL team to want him for essentially a rental season. But he did start all 16 games last year, so his value is probably at its highest. He is productive, and a team that wants to develop a 'tough' image would do well in acquiring Trevathan.

Would you be sad to see either player leave?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I was looking at the Bears roster to see who Pace could use in a trade to improve draft position. I could only come up with two guys who the Bears might be willing to send off, and (more importantly, since this is CCS) who other NFL teams might find useful....Kyle Long and Danny Trevathan.

I think Long would make the most sense. He has two years left on his contract that are relatively 'team-friendly', with the second year being a team-option year. He is a good player when healthy, and NFL teams are always looking for quality OL guys. I could see a contending team or a team who is trying to develop a young QB have interest in acquiring Long.

Trevathan is in the last year of his deal, and at $6.4M he's not necessarily a bargain. I'm not sure if Trevathan is a good enough player for an NFL team to want him for essentially a rental season. But he did start all 16 games last year, so his value is probably at its highest. He is productive, and a team that wants to develop a 'tough' image would do well in acquiring Trevathan.

Would you be sad to see either player leave?

Kyle Long is not going anywhere, neither is Trevathan.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I've got it Rory. Trade Mack and move back into the first round. o_O
Ok...now that I've stopped laughing at my stupid joke, I can't see the Bears trading anyone of value simply because the Bears themselves are one of those teams that is making a push for a deep playoff run. Trading away assets that could help with that doesn't seem likely. However, even though he has never played a down with the Bears, what about Dix? Or Patterson? I've never been a fan of either player, but they are both enough of an asset to maybe move up the front of the 3rd round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Where could you have possibly gotten this idea from? Hmmmmmmm, maybe my post you read just before you made this thread.

#FollowTheLeader

dabears70 said:
My easy prediction is that Pace will make trades up and/or down in the draft but if i'm gonna make a bold prediction then i'm gonna say he also trades a player to get a draft pick or picks. I'm gonna throw the names of Shaheen and Kwiatkowski and J.Bullard out there as players that could get traded.

Awesome stuff. Maybe throw in Cody Parkey's contract and Jay Cutler's residuals, too, and package it all together in exchange for a couple of first rounders.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Where could you have possibly gotten this idea from? Hmmmmmmm, maybe my post you read just before you made this thread.

#FollowTheLeader

Awesome stuff. Maybe throw in Cody Parkey's contract and Jay Cutler's residuals, too, and package it all together in exchange for a couple of first rounders.

Learn to quote, mfer!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

#FollowTheLeader

No one reads anything you post dipshit.

Take a hike propeller brane.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
After you learn not to follow, nut licker!!!!!!

I'm not sure how teams trading up and down in the NFL draft somehow became your intellectual property. This is bizarre, even by "dabears70" standards.

1) NFL draft this week
2) CCS member creates thread to speculate on NFL draft
3) dabears70 rhetorically takes credit for thread
4) dabears70 uses the quote feature incorrectly, plagiarizing a fellow CCS member's posting
4) dabears70 accuses CCS member of "following him around", when the opposite has occurred
5) @dabears70

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rory did not steal your moment in the sun. He started a thread asking a question. One you still haven't answered in your original post or any here so WTF?

Most threads get sparked by something. You get sparked by next to nothing.

Another thread taken off task by db70.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
if I was basing this off what has happened this offseason Idt anyone is expendable

Maybe Floyd if he has outrageous contract extension demands

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rory did not steal your moment in the sun. He started a thread asking a question. One you still haven't answered in your original post or any here so WTF?

Most threads get sparked by something. You get sparked by next to nothing.

Another thread taken off task by db70.

Go easy on him, he had more issues than normal velcroing his shoes this morning.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Hold Up!!!

@dabears70 was the first person ever to suggest the idea of trading up in a draft and using a combination of players and picks?!?!?!?!

Maybe I need to reconsider the notion that he is barely on the spectrum

He has gone full Special person

giphy.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh good all the trolls showed up to the troll thread.

So as i said in my post from the other thread that you went and got the idea to make this thread from i'd say A.Shaheen, N.Kwiatkowski and J.Bullard are guys to look at for trades in this draft.

Thank you and good bye trolls... ?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
what do you expect to get in a trade of two bums and a role player when Howard couldn’t even fetch a pick in this years draft?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

So as i said in my post from the other thread that you went and got the idea to make this thread from i'd say A.Shaheen, N.Kwiatkowski and J.Bullard are guys to look at for trades in this draft.

I am shocked that you would turn a thread about the Bears into a thread about you.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

#FollowTheLeader

Derail post ^

Derail post ^

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Finally, a football post ^

but a bad one LMFAO

Seriously, trade a 2nd round BUST

Trade a ST player/backup

Trade a project DL

WOW.