What is the weakest backup spot on the team?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'd go with Tackle.

Who's our LT backup? Britton, Mills, James Brown, Kyle Long? Man, that could be ugly.

Rise

Liked Posts:
QB and TE.

Nick80

You could make a case for nearly every position minus CB and even then you could pick holes in it with inexperience and aging vets back there. Personally I'm going with linebacker. Same group as last year still with poor play, lack of experience and injuries all hanging over that grouping. If Williams goes down (which seems the case) then will the Bears suffer as they did last year? More than likely.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
depth is needed pretty much everywhere just like every team in the nfl if your starters go down your screwed and have to hope the next man up steps up his game. position doesn't even matter

Liked Posts:
MIKE LB. At least the Bears have starting TE is a very good TE. I can't say the same for the MIKE LB position.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
LOL @ everyone in this thread who think a #2 TE doesn't play much. Just because your #2 TE doesn't catch 50 balls does not mean he is not on the field.

proton

Liked Posts:
Safety, but they might be able to hide it if the pass rush is good enough.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
To all the people saying TE ... I thought Zach Miller was a decent backup TE?

No Bennett, sure, but certainly a better backup than the Bears have in other spots.

TreedBear

Liked Posts:
LB. There are question marks in regards to the starters let alone the backups. Besides Briggs, who's coming off an injury and getting older, the starters aren't known commodities. I hate to say it, but I have a feeling Briggs' abilities are gonna drop considerably this year. I hope I'm wrong and look forward to some crow.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Biggest dropoff is at QB but overall it has to be safety. Hell, the even starters aren't very good.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at the depth chart, surprisingly, our depth is not near as bad as it's been the last couple of years. I would judge this question based on the season being over if a certain player goes down. Lightning will not strike twice if Culter goes down. Season over if that happens.

We don't have depth at TE, but I don't mind that as much because Cutler has plenty of options with Marshall, Alshon, and Forte. We will still win a lot of games without Bennett. I understand picking Bushrod, but didn't they draft Long with the possibility of him being able to move to LT?

I'd have to go with our mess at any linebacker position because we really don't know what he have outside of Briggs. Do we even have an NFL caliber LB??

And Forte...Ka'Deem Carey was a fourth round pick, so not much is expected. I wanted the Bears to grab a RB earlier in the draft because the NFL under-values the position now and I think it was possible to get a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. (I believe running backs haven't been picked in the first round the last two years, and that hasn't happened since the 60's<-----something's not right with that.)

But Ka'Deem Carey is only 5'9" 207 lbs. He's not big, and his 40 time was almost 4.7. So he's not that fast either. I'm confused about that pick. Can he catch??

I gotta go with Briggs and Forte for depth problems.

Liked Posts:
LOL @ everyone in this thread who think a #2 TE doesn't play much. Just because your #2 TE doesn't catch 50 balls does not mean he is not on the field.

I miss read the title & overlooked that it said "backup" position, that being the case I still think it's a tossup between MIKE LB & TE. I don't trust a run & chase MIKE LB like Bostic, any more than I do DJ Williams as the starter.

Liked Posts:
Biggest dropoff is at QB but overall it has to be safety. Hell, the even starters aren't very good.

The scary part is that Conte had more tackles than any LB on the roster except for Anderson.