What new innovative plays will Trestman come up with this year?

Meatball

Liked Posts:
You do realize that the saints O is based off Trest's variant of the WC right? Not only did Kromer work under Trestman in Oakland, but when Payton was hired as the saints HC he offered Trestman the saints OC gig, then when Trestman turned it down asked him to come in as an offensive consultant.

The end around they run and the all go they run are two plays from the Saints playbook. The same playbook Kromer had when he was there.

Also two of the same plays Payton used heavily when he was in Dallas.

Not sure what you're arguing.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Defenses love to blitz Cutler early on and try to get in his head. I'd like to see more one on one testing over the top with a guy underneath doing a chip/block screen as a safety valve on first/second downs early on. This would open up the ground game and allow our pass rush to excel in the second half.

Cutler's been a great 4th quarter QB, but I don't want to see Pat O'Donnell already sweating at halftime. Forcing the opposing teams offense to pass will do wonders for our new defense as well. I'm tired of Trestman setting the defense up for the second half when our defense is already exhausted. Attack early, we have the perfect offense to do that.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Annexation of Puerto Rico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;Nn4cioLwa30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn4cioLwa30&feature=kp[/video]

Kyle Long is perfect for the fumblerooski.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last year we had the Alshon reverse that he liked to go to that had pretty good success. While not exactly groundbreaking, I would say it was his signature "non-standard" playcall from last year. At least his most memorable that seemed to work most of the time. I'm kind of surprised we didn't see more innovation as he's known to be a playcaling guru. Maybe he was still getting used to NFL defenses and decided to keep some in reserve?

What would you like to see Trestman pull out of his bag of tricks for this year?
Maybe something that he used in his Canadian days that he hasn't tried in the NFL yet?

Formations, personnel, motion, misdirection, playaction, picks, rollouts, reverses, draws, etc...

You missed the entire point to that play calling if all you saw was a reverse. The purpose of that play is to set up the defense for different plays out of that same look and formation using the same personnel. His creativity is in using the same personnel and formation to do different things. He also implemented something I would love to see more of. The packaged play.

winterwarz

[video=youtube;8PBvOxicz-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0&sns=em[/video]

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;8PBvOxicz-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0&sns=em[/video]

lol. I can hear his press conference speech. "The odds of scoring a touchdown when you start on the 1 yard line and your back runs for more than 300 yards on that play are 1/1, 100%. That's why we had Forte retreat to our 1 yard line and go out of bounds on the play before. What can you say? It's 100%"

Meatball

Liked Posts:
That video needs a narrating from the NFL films guys or a breakdown analysis via the telestrater by John Madden/Frank Caliendo.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You do realize that the saints O is based off Trest's variant of the WC right? Not only did Kromer work under Trestman in Oakland, but when Payton was hired as the saints HC he offered Trestman the saints OC gig, then when Trestman turned it down asked him to come in as an offensive consultant.

It's not based on Trests system.. It takes from WCO but Paytons system has been what he learned and utilized in Dallas and NY before. His time under Parcels running that system, I can't remember the name they give it it's after two guys who were with the giants, was the same Weis ran in new England and developed from their shifts.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

AussieBear

hopefully its not the play action McKie dump to the flats - definitely one of my all time favorite bears play

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
Just more roll outs with cutler. I realize protection is better but cutler has always been a good rollout qb.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
My point was that any similarity that goes beyond both Os simply being variants of the WC is likely a result of Payton picking things up from Trestman rather than the other way around. "Based on" was probably a little strong. Greatly influenced by would have been a better term. I mean Payton brought the man in during his first off season to help design his O.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You missed the entire point to that play calling if all you saw was a reverse. The purpose of that play is to set up the defense for different plays out of that same look and formation using the same personnel. His creativity is in using the same personnel and formation to do different things. He also implemented something I would love to see more of. The packaged play.

Package plays ftw