What really is being "blob" mean?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Detroit, Vikes, and Pack are all blobs according to him. So what does beating them accomplish?

Anything can happen AGS, plus we have the Rams at home in the cold, so that's in our favor. Theres no way winning that games get Mick to Change his "unbiased" opinion...

It’s obviously important to beat your fellow blobs within your own division. It will be the difference in making the playoffs or not. Not all blob teams go to the playoffs but some certainly will.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It’s obviously important to beat your fellow blobs within your own division. It will be the difference in making the playoffs or not. Not all blob teams go to the playoffs but some certainly will.

True....but that doesn't answer the question of how to overcome being labelled a blob team. It seems like its as difficult as escaping a Remy vortex....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
True....but that doesn't answer the question of how to overcome being labelled a blob team. It seems like its as difficult as escaping a Remy vortex....

You overcome it as the Rams did and as the Chiefs have and as the Chargers are doing. You get to be considered as one of the best by beating some of the best and beating all other blobs along the way.

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I wonder what these negative people will say when the bears go 8-0 or 7-1 for the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You overcome it as the Rams did and as the Chiefs have and as the Chargers are doing. You get to be considered as one of the best by beating some of the best and beating all other blobs along the way.

Not even those teams do that all the time.

I'd be happy with being a "blob" team that gets hot at the right time late in the season, as Eli's Giants did before. And with this offense and defense, that very wellcould happen...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought you had GB as another blob team? Why did you include them with Minnesota and LA?

Because it's a big game late in season against Aaron Rodgers and will likely have major implications for the fate of the Bears season. It's the kind of game good teams win.

I buy that the Bears have not proven they are a good team yet. What they are to me though is a promising team. I actually have excitement watching them and hope that they can beat good teams and make the playoffs. I would be surprised and disappointed if they were eliminated before week 17 at Minnesota.

Completely agree with this.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not even those teams do that all the time.

I'd be happy with being a "blob" team that gets hot at the right time late in the season, as Eli's Giants did before. And with this offense and defense, that very wellcould happen...

Not all the time but more often than not. So far Bears have lost to 2 blobs while beating only 1 blob and 4 shit teams.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not all the time but more often than not. So far Bears have lost to 2 blobs while beating only 1 blob and 4 shit teams.

Would it make you feel better if they lost to 1 of those 4? Lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would it make you feel better if they lost to 1 of those 4? Lol
Why would it? You sound like the type that likes to elevate his favorites based on victories over the weakest competition. Need to wait til they can beat the stronger competition.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Figured it was assumed that beating bad teams doesnt improve your cred, if beating other blob twams doesn't.

But they aren't beating blob teams. They've already lost to two of them: the Packers and Dolphins. Their only win so far against a team likely to win more than 5 games this year is Seattle, who are 4-4 and the epitome of a blob team.

0-1 vs good teams.
1-2 vs the blob.
4-0 vs bums.

Is it unreasonable to not yet be sold on their playoff credentials when they're 1-3 against teams that aren't awful?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
But they aren't beating blob teams. They've already lost to two of them: the Packers and Dolphins. Their only win so far against a team likely to win more than 5 games this year is Seattle, who are 4-4 and the epitome of a blob team.

0-1 vs good teams.
1-2 vs the blob.
4-0 vs bums.

Is it unreasonable to not yet be sold on their playoff credentials when they're 1-3 against teams that aren't awful?

Not talking about that. Talking about how you get out from being labelled a blob team, besides by drafting bearmicks preferred QB, of course.

If we beat those supposed blob teams, we would be 7-1. But we of course would not have beaten a truly good team, by your analysis, losing in our only chance. So at best, we'd only be at the top of the blob without really proving anything yet.

But hey....contimue spinning your own vortex if you want. BS definitions lead to BS results...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not talking about that. Talking about how you get out from being labelled a blob team, besides by drafting bearmicks preferred QB, of course.

Have you ever noticed how much more frequently you bring up other QBs than I do?

If we beat those supposed blob teams, we would be 7-1. But we of course would not have beaten a truly good team, by your analysis, losing in our only chance. So at best, we'd only be at the top of the blob without really proving anything yet.

No, if they were winning these games I'd be more convinced that they're good than I currently am. Good teams beat teams that aren't awful. Spin it how you like but they're going to have to better than 1-3 against non-awful teams to impress me.

I'm sure you would agree that beating decent teams is a better barometer of a team's playoff credentials than running up the score against the Bucs and Bills? So which wins so far have made you think "now there's a statement, beating that team"?

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I really am not concerned if they impress you or not. Very few are. But we would like a little logic with your posts, and a LOT less blaming and deflecting.

Perhaps you should just focus on trains...

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have you ever noticed how much more frequently you bring up other QBs than I do?

No, if they were winning these games I'd be more convinced that they're good than I currently am. Good teams beat teams that aren't awful. Spin it how you like but they're going to have to better than 1-3 against non-awful teams to impress me.

I'm sure you would agree that beating decent teams is a better barometer of a team's playoff credentials than running up the score against the Bucs and Bills? So which wins so far have made you think "now there's a statement, beating that team"?

I know you come across as negative around here but I don't think we're too far apart. I agree that the Bears have yet to really "prove" to the league that they're a "good/strong" team and it will take wins against those types of teams to do that. Of course that's only for those who whine about not getting national media love. However, I think the Bears HAVE proven something to their fans. They've proven they can have a strong defense and an offense that is steadily growing and on their way to becoming strong. They've proven to be on an upward trajectory as a team and maybe to a degree ahead of expectations. We have a QB who, like it or not, has shown the ability to be a good-great franchise QB who is willing to work hard, learn from mistakes, and be a good team leader. All signs are pointing up for this organization which lights up the fanbase.

Now, at this point in time you are correct. They shouldn't be considered among the top tier, but for a change they are showing that it's still possible even this season. We couldn't have said that for years, so a starving fanbase is euphoric right now. Climb on board the wagon while keeping expectations realistic and just enjoy the ride. The Bears aren't winning the SB this year but it can still be a fun and encouraging season for their fans.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In 15 years of posting on CBMB/CCS, I've literally never seen anyone mention point differential until the year that the Bears' one flatters their results. Now it's suddenly the benchmark lol.

Washington are also a 5-3 team in first place (who actually have a win against a team with a winning record). Does it offend you that I consider them a blob team too?
Look at the other 4 teams in the top 5 in point differential, are they blob too.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don’t offend me, I laugh at how much you post on here honestly. I assume you’re just an old man who has seen a lot of bad Bears football and has to much time on his hands. You have probably forgotten more football than I know, for that I do respect you.

Washington is 5-3 but it’s because they have a smart team led by a veteran qb who knows how to win. They don’t have near the talent of this Bears team.

If you don’t think point differential is an important stat I don’t know what to say to you. It’s not a benchmark but it does have predictability data to back up its importance. Bottom line though, and the point of my post is that odds are you will be proven “right” because as I said, the odds of negativity prevailing in sports is almost a certainty.

Let me ask you this. What do you need to see this year to feel good about where our Bears are heading? What needs to happen to give you some positivity in your posts?
I don't even think he is a Bears fan.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at the other 4 teams in the top 5 in point differential, are they blob too.

By leaning on point differential you’re basically leaning on 2 blowout wins over shit teams in the Bucs and Bills which is meaningless when talking about rising to the level of the better teams.

If you think the Bears are one of 7 or so top teams in the league, what do you base that on?

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm not as negative as you think. I speak what I consider to be honest and objective opinion based on the facts. Yes my tone (which is different from content) is more towards the negative on this board than it is in real life, and that's a counterweight to the homerism on here, which is off the charts and annoys me. There are some posters who keep it rational and apply the same honest standards to the Bears as to other teams, but many, probably most, do not.

Btw, I'm not an old man, but I do take that as a compliment in this context.

As to what would make me view the Bears as a legit playoff caliber team instead of a blob team? Beat good teams. Get two out of the four Min/LAR/Min/GB games. So far they're 0-1 against legit playoff teams, 1-2 against blob teams and 4-0 against crap teams. That's the results of a blob team.

I agree the Bears need to win 2 out of those 4 to start to really gain national respect. My counter point to that is who would even think they would be in a position to have a chance at that level of respect before this season started? The bar has been raised, that’s a good thing!

As fans what’s wrong with embracing that, and supporting the hope, plus the successes that exists? It could be worse you could be a Cowboys fan, now that’s unwarranted optimism! Haha.

Even if they fail at this test, the arrow is pointing up, it’s just matter of how high the arrow will fly, and how fast.