My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
bobloblaw.jpg

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I really am not concerned if they impress you or not. Very few are. But we would like a little logic with your posts, and a LOT less blaming and deflecting.

Perhaps you should just focus on trains...

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. It's like you just randomly typed words.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look at the other 4 teams in the top 5 in point differential, are they blob too.

Sent from my RCT6703W13 using Tapatalk
You tell me. What are their records? Have they beaten teams that don't suck?

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Lol wow everybody needs to calm down

The Bears could win out the rest of the regular season and people will still be questioning if they are for real

It's just the nature of not being a veteran team with an established track record or a veteran QB with one

Those teams will always get the benefit of the doubt from the pubic and the media because they have done it before. That's just the way it is this year and the reality of having a young team.

The truth is no one knows where this is going. So just sit back and enjoy the ride.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Binary large object?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
All the talk about blob teams is really kind of ridiculous. Obviously the Bears are an ascending team. I don't think there's any questions about that. They're headed in the right direction. Most fans set the bar this year at 8-8. I think they way they've played has given rise to hope and raised that bar, in-season, to something greater and even has sparked talk of playoffs. There's still much to learn about this team but hopefully the momentum will carry them through some tough games ahead.

We'll have a much better understanding about the true strength of the Bears after MN/LA/GB. Still, regardless of the results of those game this Bears team seems to be on the right track for being competitive and even considered among the top teams over the next few years as long as they don't regress.

Disagree with the bolded. The Bears may be an ascending team. They may be heading in the right direction.

But of course there is reason to question. Their imminent ascension is not a foregone conclusion.

Interesting that you say we will have a better understanding of the Bears' strengths and say "regardless of these games they will still be on the rise as long as they don't regress"? That seems nonsensical to me and you seem to be signaling that you will be happy this year no matter what happens.

I am not picking a fight. I just find that fascinating and cannot imagine how that can work for anyone.

richb688

Liked Posts:
It was talked about a lot in 2012 when the Bears had the best point Differential for most of the season. Also, some posters here discuss it in the off-season (not much though), because Vegas likes to use it as an indicator(part of the formula) for the next season's win-loss record. Every Barnwell article uses it as well.

Point does matter to a degree. If you have two teams that are 10-6 and one team won their games by a total points and the other team by a hundred it shows one team was more dominant in their games.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What I just read on the internet:

The reporter has no clue about anything. The only reason she got the job is because she cried "FEMALE" and probably blew a producer.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Disagree with the bolded. The Bears may be an ascending team. They may be heading in the right direction.

But of course there is reason to question. Their imminent ascension is not a foregone conclusion.

Interesting that you say we will have a better understanding of the Bears' strengths and say "regardless of these games they will still be on the rise as long as they don't regress"? That seems nonsensical to me and you seem to be signaling that you will be happy this year no matter what happens.

I am not picking a fight. I just find that fascinating and cannot imagine how that can work for anyone.

Well, not literally "regardless." I mean if the Bears get smoked by the Lions at home and away and also by the Vikings there would be cause for concern of the direction of the team. That said, they haven't shown any indication that could happen. Even the mighty Patriots were fortunate to walk out of Soldier Field with a W. My point is that at this point, with a half-season under their belts, the Bears have shown a vast improvement over the past 3-4 years. It doesn't seem to be a fluke but rather an evolution.

They have built a foundation and now is the time of the season where they learn how to win the games that matter most. I don't think we'll see any blowout losses like we're accustomed to. We may drop a close game but this team seems to learn quickly. They're setting themselves up for sustained success in the future. They still may surprise folks this season. Even the Bears fans reluctant to say they are and improved and ascending team.

I don't see them going all the way but they have a legitimate shot at hosting a playoff game if they can close out these divisional games and maybe even get a little help with a MN collapse. Nothing I've said is at all conflicting.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
By leaning on point differential you’re basically leaning on 2 blowout wins over shit teams in the Bucs and Bills which is meaningless when talking about rising to the level of the better teams.

If you think the Bears are one of 7 or so top teams in the league, what do you base that on?
Point differential is point differential. Are you the guy after a RB averages 8 yards a carry says, but if he didn't have that 75 yard run, his average would have been 3.4?

They have a top 3 defense and an offense that puts points on the board regrdless if it don't look pretty.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point differential is point differential. Are you the guy after a RB averages 8 yards a carry says, but if he didn't have that 75 yard run, his average would have been 3.4?

They have a top 3 defense and an offense that puts points on the board regrdless if it don't look pretty.

Point differential is meaningless. Who cares if you blow out a shit team but can't take out the Pats, Rams or even fellow blob Packers for that matter?