What we wanted before the season started. We got so quit complaining.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Here is my favorite part of being a Bears fan.

Before the season started.
1. We wanted to get to 500. check
2. We wanted to be in the top half of the league on offense. check
3. We wanted to be top ten in defense. check
4. We wanted growth for our young QB. check
5. We wanted a modern coach with a real NFL offense. check

Yet I read this board and it's dooooooom and glooooooom. We have hit every wish and are exceeding them ahead of schedule. lol I love this place.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yet I read this board and it's dooooooom and glooooooom. We have hit every wish and are exceeding them ahead of schedule. lol I love this place.

I gotta feeling this post will be prime for bumping later in the year.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I somewhat agree, while not everyone said these things, I was looking for 8-8 and being competitive.
The 3-1 start and the blow out of Tampa Bay got everyone overly excited and playoff talk started way too early.
I expect them to beat the Jets this week and if they do not this place will really be a shit show.
I still stand by my 8-8 will make me happy. Next year will be a different story...

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I agree, I’m actually upbeat about the bears despite the last 2 losses. Most likely we’ll be 5-3 heading into the lions game. The last few seasons were absolutely hopeless going into the 9th game. We haven’t competed for a playoff spot since 2013, and haven’t made the playoffs since 2010. The arrow is pointing up for the first time in a long time.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
The Bears are who we thought they were...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I swear a good 75% of this board is people complaining that other fans aren't optimistic enough. It's like there's some innate need for lockstep group think. Must be some beta tribal thing.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Was this before or after the Mack trade in which Pace gave up two 1st's, effectively nullifying the "building through the draft" narrative?

(not that I think it was a bad trade, mind you)

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only problem i have is with 5. Its modern, but his implementation of calls have been atrocious.

Also i predicted 8-8 for season.....shit is a headache to watch though. Simple mistakes here and there have cost them games

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I swear a good 75% of this board is people complaining that other fans aren't optimistic enough. It's like there's some innate need for lockstep group think. Must be some beta tribal thing.

Lovable losers syndrome

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Only problem i have is with 5. Its modern, but his implementation of calls have been atrocious.

Also i predicted 8-8 for season.....shit is a headache to watch though. Simple mistakes here and there have cost them games

Nagy isn’t a finished product either he will have growing pains as well but this thread is spot on there is to much bitching

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

me654

Liked Posts:
Disagree with the defense being top 10...as of now it is not.

me654

Liked Posts:

"beta tribal thing" funny and a good one.

I dont think people wants everyone to have identical thinking, but rather better support like other teams which I believe helps in success. Bears fans are easy and the media know it so they play on it. Its pretty embarrassing really. Wasnt we the first team they used the "almost" int stat on and still do?

I agree the team has to earn the respect, its still early. Weve been jaded by the lack of success over the years and front office ineptitude.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am relatively happy with where we are at.

My main concern is the general sloppiness that seems to invade at least one part of the team every game. It use to be the offense, now it is the defense [Miami], and special teams [NE].

But I am happy with Nagy, where Mitch is, and what the offense is doing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

We have wide open guys every game. He just got done shredding Bill Bellichick. Not sure what more you want from the offense?

When it really clicks for the QB we are going to hang some big numbers, Christ we are already scoring 28 a game.