What we wanted before the season started. We got so quit complaining.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chill out bro

I plenty chill bro

There is no denying Pace stepped up to the plate with his big boy pants on this year. He took a huge swing. I commend him for that, but only time will tell how this plays out (the next two years). Why do you think there are so many MT comparison threads? There is a lot riding on him succeeding, and if he was the "right" pick. The moves Pace made suggest he is expecting a lot faster leaning curve for Mitch then some seem to think.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many actually wanted last place again? You all suck as football fans!

casinnova

Liked Posts:
I agree, I’m actually upbeat about the bears despite the last 2 losses. Most likely we’ll be 5-3 heading into the lions game. The last few seasons were absolutely hopeless going into the 9th game. We haven’t competed for a playoff spot since 2013, and haven’t made the playoffs since 2010. The arrow is pointing up for the first time in a long time.

I have really been mulling over the 2010 comparison... The 2010 bears started 5-3 coming out of the bye, they had a shaky start losing some really stupid games. Then they got hot and ran the table, but lost to "better" teams in the pats and packers... 2010 was a weird year... defense was rocking, offense got hot late, but Lovie still couldn't find a way to beat the packers in week 17.

I think the beginning of the 2018 season in many ways feels like the beginning of the 2010 season. Will the team click and put together a nice streak of wins? 5-3 coming out of the AFC east games, can the bears go 6 and 2 to close out the year? Maybe they lose to the rams and the vikings once. Maybe Nagy has the perfect scheme to beat detroit twice... maybe he has the perfect scheme to beat the rams?? That is the thing with this team... we don't expect them to do bad but we are hesitant to be confident in a win, much like the 2010 season. One of the turning points for me in 2010 was that eagles game. Offense was putting up huge numbers in the second half of the season... idk man, I am on the hope wagon... This season has been incredibly fun so far... The bears are 4 trubisky overthrows or 4 secondary missed tackles from being undefeated. LET THAT SINK IN

casinnova

Liked Posts:
We just better get to 5-3 at the halfway mark. Then the divisional games will decide whether we make it or not. Get 1 against the lions, vikings, and packers, and we should be able to win 2 of 3 against the Giants, rams, and SF. Hopefully the rams will be 14-0 and resting their starters.

10-6 seems really attainable... and with the NFC North not looking stellar, it's really up for grabs. Even the lions could make a push. It probably won't take 11 wins to get the division title...