What we wanted before the season started. We got so quit complaining.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Need to uncheck #4. We are 11 in pts/game and 12 in yds/game.
Had we actually been in the top ten we would probably have another W and been happier than a pig in .....

This is the one that is unexpected and alarming. Make a single stop in the 2nd half against GB or have our $14m CB catch a ball that hits him between the 2 and the 3, and we have another win. Playing like a top 10 D in the 4th against Miami with a 2 score lead, and we have another win.

The O has really exceeded my expectations.

I had them at 8-8 prior to the Mack trade. After being 3-1, I thought that could change. Given what I'm seeing on D now and the remaining schedule after the next 2 games and I still think 8-8 is realistic. What concerns me is how the team, now lacking draft picks and financial collateral for FAs will be able to take this 8-8 team and make them a SB contender over the following 2 seasons.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
We just better get to 5-3 at the halfway mark. Then the divisional games will decide whether we make it or not. Get 1 against the lions, vikings, and packers, and we should be able to win 2 of 3 against the Giants, rams, and SF. Hopefully the rams will be 14-0 and resting their starters.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Actually the rams are 13th on the schedule so we'll likely lose that one.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is my favorite part of being a Bears fan.

Before the season started.
1. We wanted to get to 500. check
2. We wanted to be in the top half of the league on offense. check
3. We wanted to be top ten in defense. check
4. We wanted growth for our young QB. check
5. We wanted a modern coach with a real NFL offense. check

Yet I read this board and it's dooooooom and glooooooom. We have hit every wish and are exceeding them ahead of schedule. lol I love this place.

I'm not quite sure we've gotten #4 yet.

The Boletarian

Liked Posts:
I'm not quite sure we've gotten #4 yet.

If you haven't seen significant growth from our QB from last year to this year then we can't help you. That's just sheer ridiculousness. He's most certainly got more growing to do, but he's leaps and bounds ahead of where he was last year and even ahead of where he was at after the first 3 games.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Thread: “we should all want the bears to be average”

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm not bitching about people bitching. I'm bitching about people bitching about me bitching about people bitching.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What we wanted before the season started. We got so quit complaining.
I just want to complain about. Your sentences structure of this thread so quit bad Englishing.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I just want to complain about. Your sentences structure of this thread so quit bad Englishing.

And I wanna bitch about eye doctors. My tooth is killing me and 4 out of 5 eye doctors say call a dentist. But I already wasted my only phone call on them.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
When your QB is missing several wide open receivers every game, your defense is giving up 40-60 yard plays with a bunch of pathetic missed tackles, And the DL can't get within a country mile of even seeing a QB...i can't see how anyone can be happy with that, regardless of the record.

Because if this continues...that record won't.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
And I wanna bitch about eye doctors. My tooth is killing me and 4 out of 5 eye doctors say call a dentist. But I already wasted my only phone call on them.
It's that 5th one you need to worry about. And If you only get one phone call,it seems you could just use the prison dentist to get your teef fixed up.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This is the one that is unexpected and alarming. Make a single stop in the 2nd half against GB or have our $14m CB catch a ball that hits him between the 2 and the 3, and we have another win. Playing like a top 10 D in the 4th against Miami with a 2 score lead, and we have another win.

The O has really exceeded my expectations.

I had them at 8-8 prior to the Mack trade. After being 3-1, I thought that could change. Given what I'm seeing on D now and the remaining schedule after the next 2 games and I still think 8-8 is realistic. What concerns me is how the team, now lacking draft picks and financial collateral for FAs will be able to take this 8-8 team and make them a SB contender over the following 2 seasons.

Trubisky evolving into a legitimate franchise QB is about the only way. Roquan evolving and getting better would really help the defense get back to dominating as well. I really believe Nagy is the right guy at HC. He would easily be the top available HC in '19 had he stayed with the Chiefs. Bears ST's could easily get better as well. Plenty of room for improvement all around without adding a ton of new talent. This is a young team still.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Trubisky evolving into a legitimate franchise QB is about the only way. Roquan evolving and getting better would really help the defense get back to dominating as well. I really believe Nagy is the right guy at HC. He would easily be the top available HC in '19 had he stayed with the Chiefs. Bears ST's could easily get better as well. Plenty of room for improvement all around without adding a ton of new talent. This is a young team still.

Only way? 1. We got a rookie HC that is getting better 2. Young players improving with playing time 3. All players getting a year of experience in system. Well I could go on but we should be much better next year without change of players. We don't need to add much we just need these players to get comfortable in this new system. Trubs is the key but hardly the only way we can improve the next few years. Not having draft picks and cash will keep this team relatively the same the next few years and sometimes that works out better then change.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would do a poll to find out whose polls are the best, but everyone knows it's yours, so there's no point.

So now we're comparing polls? I guess, why should this thread be any different?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is my favorite part of being a Bears fan.

Before the season started.
1. We wanted to get to 500. check
2. We wanted to be in the top half of the league on offense. check
3. We wanted to be top ten in defense. check
4. We wanted growth for our young QB. check
5. We wanted a modern coach with a real NFL offense. check

Yet I read this board and it's dooooooom and glooooooom. We have hit every wish and are exceeding them ahead of schedule. lol I love this place.

Only way? 1. We got a rookie HC that is getting better 2. Young players improving with playing time 3. All players getting a year of experience in system. Well I could go on but we should be much better next year without change of players. We don't need to add much we just need these players to get comfortable in this new system. Trubs is the key but hardly the only way we can improve the next few years. Not having draft picks and cash will keep this team relatively the same the next few years and sometimes that works out better then change.

When you give away both your draft capital and your cap space for the foreseeable future, 8-8 is a failure. Literally every team can make your claim of "young players getting better in the system".

8-8 might have been a reasonable expectation at the beginning of the year, that changed a little when Pace traded away not only his second round pick, but two firsts, AND the vast majority of his foreseeable cap money. Nobody makes these moves to get to .500, I repeat, no one.

Mitch Trubisky
Allen Robinson
Khalil Mack
Kyle Fuller
Prince Akumura

None of these players can experience a significant injury without cause for real concern.

Adrian Amos
Kyle Long
Jordan Howard
Leonard Floyd
Kevin White

These players will either need to be replaced, or a new contract negotiated in the next two years. Replace them with what though? 3rd round picks and 2nd tier FA's?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you give away both your draft capital and your cap space for the foreseeable future, 8-8 is a failure. Literally every team can make your claim of "young players getting better in the system".

8-8 might have been a reasonable expectation at the beginning of the year, that changed a little when Pace traded away not only his second round pick, but two firsts, AND the vast majority of his foreseeable cap money. Nobody makes these moves to get to .500, I repeat, no one.

Mitch Trubisky
Allen Robinson
Khalil Mack
Kyle Fuller
Prince Akumura

None of these players can experience a significant injury without cause for real concern.

Adrian Amos
Kyle Long
Jordan Howard
Leonard Floyd
Kevin White

These players will either need to be replaced, or a new contract negotiated in the next two years. Replace them with what though? 3rd round picks and 2nd tier FA's?

Chill out bro