What would the ideal offense for Cutler be?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
to some members forte is untouchable of criticism..i personally think he is overrated..whenever i say so mick comes in and plays captain save a running back

that's why when you call him out on the topic of blocking you get gifs of him making a play to trivialize the fact that he is a poor to mediocre blocker

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Horizontal or Verticle passing game?

Strong offensive line or strong receiving corps?

Good speed receivers or good possession receivers?

Run first or pass first system?

At running back, good pure runner who is below average at blocking and catching, or good receiver/blocker who is below average at running?

it doesn't matter what yer offense is cutler can run it with his lazor rocket arm

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Matt-Forte-One-Handed-Catch-vs-Colts.gif

forte1.gif

matt-forte-td-screen-pass-o.gif

for50.gif

How could you forget

Matt-Forte-Move-vs-Tampa-Bay-Bucs.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
to some members forte is untouchable of criticism..i personally think he is overrated..whenever i say so mick comes in and plays captain save a running back

that's why when you call him out on the topic of blocking you get gifs of him making a play to trivialize the fact that he is a poor to mediocre blocker

1) I don't think I've ever posted a gif on this board in my life (other than the Andruw Jones one)

2) Regardless of what you think, Forte is one of the best all purpose backs in the league and will continue to be the high-production feature back at the heart of this offense for at least a couple more years, barring injury, whether you like it or not.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Forte is an excellent back to have.
And Jay is an excellent QB all will either be believers in jay or deflect all praise on the rest of the o and ignore Cutty

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
1) I don't think I've ever posted a gif on this board in my life (other than the Andruw Jones one)

2) Regardless of what you think, Forte is one of the best all purpose backs in the league and will continue to be the high-production feature back at the heart of this offense for at least a couple more years, barring injury, whether you like it or not.

Wtf does this have to do with blocking? Is his all purpose yards or whatever helping him block?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would the ideal offense for Cutler be? One that never passes.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
But what does that have to do with his blocking? The ongoing discussion was about his blocking and you just threw random gifs up.

I would take his occasional missed block for the many many explosive plays he provides...that statement is about his blocking numbskull. The original question was asking if Cutler would be good with a good blocking/recieving back or with a pure runner, so when CamdenCutler responded to Culp fiction saying Forte is what is best for Cutler with a gif showing Forte missed a block...I showed Camden Cutler that Forte also will make plays as a pure runner and receiving back that can result in 30+ yards and TD's. So not so much a random selection of gifs, but a response to his response.

And I agree with Culp Fiction that Forte is what Cutler needs out of his RB...someone who can be his safety valve/dump off man, but who can also be a threat to break off a big run. He keeps defenses honest which opens up the deep ball. So if he misses a block in a game, I may not want to see Cutler take a sack, but I also know at any point in the game Forte is a huge threat to make a big play. Whether from a big run or a pass from Cutler

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
So Forte didn't whiff that block? It was designed that way, right?
u8BFJ.gif

WTF does that have to do with what I posted? Whether or not he whiffed the block is irrelevant... Cutler had plenty of time to make a read and get rid of the ball.

You don't have to post just to post; if you don't have anything relevant to say there's nothing wrong with just keeping you mouth shut, or in this case your fingers off the keys.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
WTF does that have to do with what I posted? Whether or not he whiffed the block is irrelevant... Cutler had plenty of time to make a read and get rid of the ball.

You don't have to post just to post; if you don't have anything relevant to say there's nothing wrong with just keeping you mouth shut, or in this case your fingers off the keys.

It was a good blitz that hot home. I doubt you could see the whole field with that gif to tell Marshall was open

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would take his occasional missed block for the many many explosive plays he provides...that statement is about his blocking numbskull. The original question was asking if Cutler would be good with a good blocking/recieving back or with a pure runner, so when CamdenCutler responded to Culp fiction saying Forte is what is best for Cutler with a gif showing Forte missed a block...I showed Camden Cutler that Forte also will make plays as a pure runner and receiving back that can result in 30+ yards and TD's. So not so much a random selection of gifs, but a response to his response.

And I agree with Culp Fiction that Forte is what Cutler needs out of his RB...someone who can be his safety valve/dump off man, but who can also be a threat to break off a big run. He keeps defenses honest which opens up the deep ball. So if he misses a block in a game, I may not want to see Cutler take a sack, but I also know at any point in the game Forte is a huge threat to make a big play. Whether from a big run or a pass from Cutler
Imo I never saw forte as Cutler's safety value or go to guy when he is in trouble. I felt it was Olsen at one point and now Marshall. In this offense forte is gold but as far as the type of runner Cutler wants I really dont know

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
It was a good blitz that hot home. I doubt you could see the whole field with that gif to tell Marshall was open

Only it wasn't. Even with the whiffed block the blitzer took forever to get there, and even though it wasn't the case in this instance, a quality QB should be able to keep his eyes down field even with pressure baring down on him anyway. But in this case Marshall was crossing underneath right in front of Cutler before the defender was anywhere near him and Jay simply decided to held onto the ball until it was too late. It's nothing new, it's Jay's MO. That and throwing it to the other team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay was waiting for someone as was his tendency and probably thought Forte had the guy because Forte has gotten much better at blocking. Bad play on his part as well as Forte. Shit happens and Jay will now throw to open guys to live another day in this O, along with lobbing and back shouldering some one on ones. Forte either took a couple years off from blocking or just forgot how to do it well for a while before doing a good job again last year. He missed a few but they all do. All these absolutes on players over one gif.:smh: There was a bit of halfassedness by a lot of O players under the previous coaches. That's changed with them playing for someone they respect and trust knows more than them.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Imo I never saw forte as Cutler's safety value or go to guy when he is in trouble. I felt it was Olsen at one point and now Marshall. In this offense forte is gold but as far as the type of runner Cutler wants I really dont know

The point is with Forte's skill set he can be that safety valve and probably should be utilized in that role more. As for the bolded statement, in this offense he is gold which is why I would imagine Cutler wanting that type of runner. None of us can knock his running ability because he does that well, none of us can knock his pass catching ability because he does that well also, some may criticize his pass blocking but no matter how you cut it he isn't a liability in that area. So as far as an all around RB that a QB would want especially in this offense Forte meets the criteria.