What would the ideal offense for Cutler be?

mecha

Liked Posts:
We're talking about INT's though...Olsen was targeted on his INTs a significant amount during his time here. Forte wasn't.

And I'm much happier with Marty

Knox was the worst. wasn't physical at all and slipped every other play = ints. Olsen was soft too, he had the more sure hands though. as mentioned before, DBs for WRs ... wasn't Rashied Davis a corner too previously? lol

I'm glad they're done with the smurf receivers. little intrigued Trestman didn't have more to work with Hester on offense but whatever, whiskey under the bridge now.

what's truly amazing however is the fact that Forte, as good as he is, doesn't have high TD totals yearly.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
We're talking about INT's though...Olsen was targeted on his INTs a significant amount during his time here. Forte wasn't.

And I'm much happier with Marty

Not much of a surprise. The #1 target probably will have the majority of INTs in his direction. Most of Forte's routes are near the LOS, tough to pick those off. Cutler seems to look TE and RB when he's in real trouble, which is good. He did it with Davis too, we just never noticed because Davis dropped them all LOL.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Knox was the worst. wasn't physical at all and slipped every other play = ints. Olsen was soft too, he had the more sure hands though. as mentioned before, DBs for WRs ... wasn't Rashied Davis a corner too previously? lol

I'm glad they're done with the smurf receivers. little intrigued Trestman didn't have more to work with Hester on offense but whatever, whiskey under the bridge now.

what's truly amazing however is the fact that Forte, as good as he is, doesn't have high TD totals yearly.

I think in his second year where he was banged up and had a down year he wasn't effective in the redzone so he got this reputation that he wasn't a good short yardage/goalline back...this past year Trestman actually used him in the redzone and goalline which had him 6th overall in rushing TD's and 3 off the leader. I think we will see more TD's out of Forte this year both on the ground and through the air

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

I think that point is driven home earlier in your same post. He was just under-utilized in the red zone...because there was this barbaric POV from the previous regime.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
shea mac will be so awesome at sam there will be nobody to compare him with like u guys are doing forte and cutler.......discuss

malcore

I think in his second year where he was banged up and had a down year he wasn't effective in the redzone so he got this reputation that he wasn't a good short yardage/goalline back...this past year Trestman actually used him in the redzone and goalline which had him 6th overall in rushing TD's and 3 off the leader. I think we will see more TD's out of Forte this year both on the ground and through the air

I agree with this, but have to add: OL

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
shea mac will be so awesome at sam there will be nobody to compare him with like u guys are doing forte and cutler.......discuss

Dude, we all know you are a Shea Mac fanboy

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I look for both of them to have big years this season shea will be playing somewhere his str wont be as big a prob and conte will benefit from a hopefully much improved pass rush

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would the ideal offense for Cutler be?

Pretty obvious...

An offense without Lovie Smith anywhere fucking near it...

mecha

Liked Posts:

yeah good call. I think he sprained his ankle in '09 if I recall. still finished with close to 1000 yards but eh. be curious to know Cutler's red zone int percentage. seems to sling it there a lot, as you and onebud outlined. Forte will start to diminish soon, I hope later rather than sooner, just cause they pounded the snot out of him since he got drafted.