Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
State where you think they should go, and where you think they will go.

Kevin Durant
Should....stay in Golden State. His best chance at continued success is by staying put. He would undoubtedly win anywhere he goes, just not championships, most likely.

Will.... stay with Golden State. IF somehow GS comes back to win, however, then I think he's gone. I think KD wants to feel needed by his team and wants everyone else to think the team needs him. If GS wins, clearly he isn't as needed. But because GS might lose, I think KD sticks around.

Kawhi Leonard
Should... go to LAC. LAC has a solid core of players right now. If Kawhi could bring this Raptors team to the finals, he could definitely make some noise with that Clippers team. And honestly, even though the Raptors are on verge of winning their first title, they're an aging team with little chance of repeating this crazy run.

Will.... go to the LAC. Kawhi seems like he wants what he wants, and nothing will change that, even winning a ring. It seems like he's wanted to go to LA for a while now.

Kyrie Irving
Should.... stay in Boston. Boston is a solid team, and they've shown willingness to make big moves to improve the team. No, they won't win it all next year with their current squad, but they'll clear over 40 million in cap space with expiring contracts after next season, and if they can get creative in trading Hayward, they can clear millions more. This would be more than enough room to get another star player with Kyrie.

Will.... go to Brooklyn. There are a few reports that Brooklyn is his choice. Kyrie has said that he doesn't "want to play forever", indicating that he will retire early to focus on other things in his life, like making movies. Much like LBJ went to LA for life-after-basketball reasons, I think Kyrie does the same with Brooklyn. Sure, I guess he can go to NY for similar reasons, but I think Kyrie still wants to win while he's playing, and Brooklyn is better set up right now. This all depends on where other stars go though.

Jimmy Butler
Should... stay in Philly. They were on the brink of eliminating Toronto, if not for Kawhi's crazy lucky game-winning bounce. If Kawhi leaves. the only true threat in the East is Milwaukee, who Philly would have a good shot against.

Will.... go to New York. Butler has money on his mind, and after missing out on all the other top free agents, New York will throw the max at Butler and Philly won't match it.

Kemba Walker
Should.... go to the Knicks and join Butler. This would give NY a solid back court. Draft RJ Barrett, sign a couple of mid-level players, and the Knicks should be a playoff team.

Will.... go to the Lakers. I can't see the Lakers missing out on all of the big names. Kemba has not won much in his career, and I think LBJ will talk him into coming over to they can "win" together.

Klay Thompson
Should.... wait for KD to make a decision first, and then decide. If KD stays, Klay should stay too. Why leave a great situation? If KD leaves, Klay should consider starting fresh elsewhere and making a name for himself, separate from Curry.

Will.... stay with Golden State, regardless of what KD does. He's made that known, and he wants to be considered the best back court ever along with Curry.

DeMarcus Cousins
Should.... go to any team that's willing to pay him big. He isn't deserving of it, but would be stupid to pass it up. Ultimately, I think he should go to Dallas. They'll re-sign Porzingis and should have enough to throw some money Cousins' way. Doncic, Porzingis, and Cousins could be fund to watch, if Cousins could every get healthy.

Will.... go to Atlanta, for similar reasons. Trae Young and John Collins are a good young duo, and they have a lot of cap space.

D'Angelo Russell
Should.... go to New York. Young player coming off his best season yet, in which he led the Nets to the playoffs.... and the Nets are supposedly looking at other guards? Clearly, they aren't all-in on Russell, so he should go to a team that will be.

Will.... go to New York. In my scenarios, Kyrie ends up in Brooklyn , so obviously Russell wouldn't return. If Kemba goes to the Lakers, Russell to the Knicks makes perfect sense.

Nikola Vucevic
Should.... stay with the Magic. He's not good enough to turn any team into a serious contender, but he is coming off of his best season , where he made his first all-star appearance. He should get the most money he can out of Orlando and finish his prime there.

Will... go to Dallas. The Mavs have enough money to make a splash this free agency, but just like the Lakers, I don't think they'll get any huge names. Ultimately, I think Mark Cuban does what he does, and overpays for a guy that won't make them any better.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank you for the entertaining, insightful read though it got laborious by the end, as I’m sure it felt.

The bulls should pursue any free agent PG. kemba walker might have the best shot at making this ball club interesting, unsure if Jordan would have poisoned his ear about Chicago already or supported it but he would erase our dreams of Morant or Garland and I’m sure bulls would actually be better for having Kemba than those might be all star guys if everything went correct for several years.

Kemba could win right now with a nice youthful front court.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bulls will never win a championship with Gar Forman as the GM

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Kawhi could really create a legacy for himself in Toronto. If they win the championship he'd already be considered the greatest Raptor of all time - He'll never pass Kobe in LA. If i was him i'd stay.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kawhi could really create a legacy for himself in Toronto. If they win the championship he'd already be considered the greatest Raptor of all time - He'll never pass Kobe in LA. If i was him i'd stay.

He'll be a legend in Toronto even if he leaves. By simply bringing them a title, they'll love him forever.

Look at LBJ leaving Cleveland as an example. The the first time he left, the fans were very bitter. The second time? No, because he brought them a title this time.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
He'll be a legend in Toronto even if he leaves. By simply bringing them a title, they'll love him forever.

On the contrary i was say bringing a team a championship in your first season there then leaving would easily be the coldest move in NBA history.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the contrary i was say bringing a team a championship in your first season there then leaving would easily be the coldest move in NBA history.

Think of it this way.... Let's say KD came to this Bulls this summer and led them to a title, then left. Would you be pissed at him for leaving or not give a shit because the Bulls finally again?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Predictions -

KD - New York
Kawhi - Clippers
Kyrie - Brooklyn
Butler - Brooklyn
Kemba - Clippers
Klay - GS
Demarcus Cousins - New York
D'Angelo Russell - Chicago!

Anthony Davis - Traded to Lakers.

The NBA would be so damn interesting.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Think of it this way.... Let's say KD came to this Bulls this summer and led them to a title, then left. Would you be pissed at him for leaving or not give a shit because the Bulls finally again?

To clarify: I don't disagree with you point that Kawhi would be loved even if he left after winning. What im saying is that would be a badass move to win a championship for a team then walk away like it was nothing.

Reactions: BNB

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think Toronto has the edge with the king of the north because of how he got 22 games off this season and the respect they showed to let Kawhi do what his body tells him to do.

I was hoping for the Warriors to put up more of a fight against Toronto and green to make sure everyone knew they never needed KD.

The rest of those names, who really deserves 30-40 million a year?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To clarify: I don't disagree with you point that Kawhi would be loved even if he left after winning. What im saying is that would be a badass move to win a championship for a team then walk away like it was nothing.
Oh I misunderstood hahah.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Toronto has the edge with the king of the north because of how he got 22 games off this season and the respect they showed to let Kawhi do what his body tells him to do.

I was hoping for the Warriors to put up more of a fight against Toronto and green to make sure everyone knew they never needed KD.

The rest of those names, who really deserves 30-40 million a year?

Well.... We're in an era where guys like Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley make over 30 million a year. Sad... but most of these guys will get something in that range.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...I think Kahwi's "business" people/advisers..probably want to live in L.A., for one thing, and on the other hand are over estimating his marketing impact in a saturated and at time disinterested local market vs the impact he has representing all of Canadiens now.

The impact he would have with Canadiens would be hardcore loyalty, as opposed to fickle short lived only follow a winner mentality fans in L.A., while in direct competition with Lebron and Kobe.

As soft spoken as Kawhi is, he should just be the hero of Canada and embrace that and he will win the NBA marketing war.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So I think it's obvious now that KD will probably opt in and stay with GS for at least next season while he rehabs.

Amelia17195

Liked Posts:
Kevin Durant’s feared torn Achilles tendon could sway him not to opt out of the $31 million left on his contract since he may miss next season.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Kevin Durant’s feared torn Achilles tendon could sway him not to opt out of the $31 million left on his contract since he may miss next season.
KC was on the score today and said that New York will still offer the max deal and let him rehab on their dime to get him.

On a side note, KD flew to New York to get the MRI done.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
According to his agent, AD is not signing any extensions and will definitely be a free agent in 2020...probably affects how many teams will be willing to trade for him if so

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2019/06/12/anthony-davis-celtics-trade-rumors-rich-paul

The way I heard that on sportscenter this morning, was Paul said there was no way he was signing an extension with the Celtics. I dont think that goes for all teams if the lakers still give up ball, ingram, kuzma and their 4th pick

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way I heard that on sportscenter this morning, was Paul said there was no way he was signing an extension with the Celtics. I dont think that goes for all teams if the lakers still give up ball, ingram, kuzma and their 4th pick
There's a bit later in that link where Paul says that AD will definitely be a free agent in 2020 and it seems to be independent of which team he goes to. Perhaps there's an exception for the Lakers, but just seemed like a blanket statement.

Now the common thing between that link and Sportscenter is that he'll definitely not sign an extension with the Celtics which likely just takes them out of the equation entirely.