Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Who has the biggest homerun ability that will realistically be there in the 3rd? I admit I haven't looked at any prospects this year since we have no 1st or 2nd rounder. Holyfield is a badass last name though so judging solely off his last name, I'm gonna go with him.

He’s Evander’s kid and he is tough runner but he’s not a home run guy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who has the biggest homerun ability that will realistically be there in the 3rd? I admit I haven't looked at any prospects this year since we have no 1st or 2nd rounder. Holyfield is a badass last name though so judging solely off his last name, I'm gonna go with him.

Henderson ranks second in YPC(8.9) in the nation, 2nd in total yardage(1909yrds, the guy above him had nearly 100 more attempts), 2nd in TD's(22), 2nd in YPG, and has the most gains of 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards in the country.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ideally we draft a guy like Alvin Kamara.

3rd round
Lots of speed
Compliments a slower work horse back already on roster
Can return kick offs, checking that box
Can split wide and run routes
Can also carry the load between the tackles as a feature back
Eliminates the need to have 4 rb active on gameday and we can part with Cunningham and mizzel.

Whos best fits that description is the guy?
Dude from am?
Dude from memphis?
Dude from Notre Dame?
And dont tell me that we have other needs more important....this type of player can have an instant impact on the offense and see 50% of the snaps fairly quickly offering more impact than another position that takes a while to contribute.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with a lot of backs in this draft, one i DONT like is david montgomery. Limited burst, no explosion, lacks top end speed. A one cut back that is best used by wearing out the defense with multiple carries. Doesn't really compliment Howard at all.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ideally we draft a guy like Alvin Kamara.

3rd round
Lots of speed
Compliments a slower work horse back already on roster
Can return kick offs, checking that box
Can split wide and run routes
Can also carry the load between the tackles as a feature back
Eliminates the need to have 4 rb active on gameday and we can part with Cunningham and mizzel.

Whos best fits that description is the guy?
Dude from am?
Dude from memphis?
Dude from Notre Dame?
And dont tell me that we have other needs more important....this type of player can have an instant impact on the offense and see 50% of the snaps fairly quickly offering more impact than another position that takes a while to contribute.

Sounds like you're talking about James Williams.

[video=youtube;Jcszi8Vp3vM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcszi8Vp3vM[/video]

He's essentially a better version of James White

napo55

Liked Posts:
I think Cohen should split out wide more than he lines up in the backfield. I say draft a back that can share the load with Howard and make that the versatile duo, and pepper in Cohen occasionally. Let next year's rotation go Howard - Rookie - Cohen with a 3:2:1 carry ratio, and our running game will be a force.

Remember Johnny Morris, who started out as a RB, was moved to WR and became the Bears all time leading receiver. Cohen should follow a similar path.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
T
[video=youtube_share;FZX5_8qJZWA]https://youtu.be/FZX5_8qJZWA[/video]

Perfect for the offense. Great reciever and quick back yet powerful in short yardage. He is being pegged as 3rd round at the earliest despite showing he can dominate the toughest confer.

Looks like he may go as high as the 2nd. I've found this site most accurate over the years. https://footballmaven.io/nfldraftscout/ Still early though. I like Anderson or Hill depending on medicals.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You don't draft Howards replacement next year, you draft him this year so you can decide in 2020 what to do with the position.

Why? What exactly would the Bears be "deciding" in 2020?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been hearing a lot of good things about Singletary. Comparisons to LT. He could be our "Hunt." Not sure what that would mean for Cohen.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I'd be completely fine with Howard and Cohen again. Hunt was the exception because of the presumed cheap contract and top 5 RB talent

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
It would be cool to have Evander Holyfield as a Bear fan.

Greatest Sega Genesis game ever...

38291-Evander_Holyfield's_'Real_Deal'_Boxing_(World)-1459018557.png

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Greatest Sega Genesis game ever...

38291-Evander_Holyfield's_'Real_Deal'_Boxing_(World)-1459018557.png

When Tyson bit off a piece of Holyfield’s ear I have to admit I was completely dumbfounded and could not believe what I had just witnessed. It was one of the craziest moments in sports history. A group of us had paid for the fight and everyone was like “did that just happen?”

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
When Tyson bit off a piece of Holyfield’s ear I have to admit I was completely dumbfounded and could not believe what I had just witnessed. It was one of the craziest moments in sports history. A group of us had paid for the fight and everyone was like “did that just happen?”

It was crazy, but I remember being just as amazed that Tyson didn't come out guns blazing in Round 1 and knock Holyfield out in 90 seconds. By the time Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear, he had pretty much lost the fight already, as Holyfield kicked his ass from the start.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
It would be cool to have Evander Holyfield as a Bear fan.

Add to it that even if his kid completely sucks as a RB, training him to play special teams and tackle returners is just as well. Adrian Peterson made a career out of it, and rarely was relied on for offense. Maybe train him to block like a FB and run short yardage plays like how GB used Kuhn.

As long as his dad shows up to games, I'm down to stretch justifications for wasting a roster spot.

EDIT: oh and on topic for the thread, Alex Barnes is someone I see as a value pick for our team needs. Watch some KState highlights, he has solid speed, acceleration, and strength. If the team lost Howard to injury or trade, he has the size to grind out a game as a main back. He isn't a home run threat, but that's what we have Cohen and Miller for.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Ya'll know who I like. Henderson

RoZ2Ez.gif

Big fan of Anderson too, but I think its too much of a risk for a 4th round pick. 3 season ending injuries in 4 years is a big questionmark. However, I don't think there is a better fit in the draft than Anderson. His pass catching and route running ability is tremendous when you pair it with how explosive of a runner he is.
I love Henderson also but I don't think he will be there low in the third round. I would go with Bryce Love who may well be there for us in the third due to a late season ACL injury. When healthy he was a dynamic player.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
That sounds like a terrible rb. I would rather the Bears bring in a ton of UDFA rbs than to waste a draft pick on a poor fit for any success in the NFL.

Too many people over-rate Notre Dame players because they like the team.

069270c9-543f-45d8-b741-025d1233c2db-INI1Brd_11-17-2018_Star_1_C007__2018_11_16_IMG_Indianapolis_Colts_P_1_1_BLNDE0DN_L1306603968_IMG_Indianapolis_Colts_P_1_1_BLNDE0DN.jpg