Which RB Should the Bears Draft?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
069270c9-543f-45d8-b741-025d1233c2db-INI1Brd_11-17-2018_Star_1_C007__2018_11_16_IMG_Indianapolis_Colts_P_1_1_BLNDE0DN_L1306603968_IMG_Indianapolis_Colts_P_1_1_BLNDE0DN.jpg

I never said that Notre Dame always had terrible players. It would be a crime if all Notre Dame players were crappy, seeing that they are always in the top 10 in college recruit signings.

What I am saying is that some people on here want to sign all Notre Dame players, not because they were good, but because they see them through gold-colored glasses and think that the ineffective players were little used so they will be fresh and sure to make the leap in talent in the NFL.

The reality most often is that the player is fresh because the college coaches found out that the players were poor fits for their team, making their chances of success in the NFL near zero, and benched them for better players.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ideally we draft a guy like Alvin Kamara.

3rd round
Lots of speed
Compliments a slower work horse back already on roster
Can return kick offs, checking that box
Can split wide and run routes
Can also carry the load between the tackles as a feature back
Ummmm, there's a lot of conflict with what you just posted. Can carry the load as a feature back yet compliments a slower work horse back already on the roster? Putting everything together, you are saying we need a 3 down feature back lol. Otherwise, we have Cohen who does all of that minus the work horse part.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I never said that Notre Dame always had terrible players. It would be a crime if all Notre Dame players were crappy, seeing that they are always in the top 10 in college recruit signings.

What I am saying is that some people on here want to sign all Notre Dame players, not because they were good, but because they see them through gold-colored glasses and think that the ineffective players were little used so they will be fresh and sure to make the leap in talent in the NFL.

The reality most often is that the player is fresh because the college coaches found out that the players were poor fits for their team, making their chances of success in the NFL near zero, and benched them for better players

Regrettably, this is how fans & media outside of Chicago are starting to feel about Mitch Trubisky.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Ummmm, there's a lot of conflict with what you just posted. Can carry the load as a feature back yet compliments a slower work horse back already on the roster? Putting everything together, you are saying we need a 3 down feature back lol. Otherwise, we have Cohen who does all of that minus the work horse part.
Ummmm..yeah...no.

If Howard goes down Cohen isnt an every down starting rb.

A compliment to Howard means someone who is explosive (Howard isnt) and can be a full time rb (Cohen isnt)

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Ummmm..yeah...no.

A compliment to Howard means someone who is explosive (Howard isnt) and can be a full time rb (Cohen isnt)

the question becomes what does nagy really want at RB? given that cohen is going to get a fair share of snaps in the backfield does nagy really need a 3 down back? would a guy like justice hill work? adept at running routes, very elusive and has good vision.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Darrell Henderson and Justice Hill have the big play ability to make a lot happen on limited carries.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Regrettably, this is how fans & media outside of Chicago are starting to feel about Mitch Trubisky.

What the fuck does Trubisky have to do with a thread regarding running backs the Bears should draft?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ummmm..yeah...no.

What I'm getting at is that what you call a "compliment" to Howard, is in fact a replacement for Howard. Someone who can do what Howard does plus is explosive?? Hello, that's called an upgrade, not a compliment.

In fact, what you are describing in in fact what a complete RB is. It is also something that EVERY team in the NFL is looking for (provided they don't already have one).

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What I'm getting at is that what you call a "compliment" to Howard, is in fact a replacement for Howard. Someone who can do what Howard does plus is explosive?? Hello, that's called an upgrade, not a compliment.

In fact, what you are describing in in fact what a complete RB is. It is also something that EVERY team in the NFL is looking for (provided they don't already have one).

Right? That's not asking for a compliment back, that's asking for LaDanian Tomlinson or Todd Gurley.

The fact that we got our backs with midround picks is because there are shortcomings in their game. Guys that come in as mid and low round picks and explode like Kamara from the get-go happens every year... But only for one or two teams at a time.

Better to have a stable of three or four guys with different skill sets, that sometimes overlap, that all can contribute. It is a better strategy in my opinion and more likely to happen.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Darrell Henderson and Justice Hill have the big play ability to make a lot happen on limited carries.
Don't think Henderson will be there low in the third. If it came down to it I would rather have James Williams than Hill.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Don't think Henderson will be there low in the third. If it came down to it I would rather have James Williams than Hill.

Most draft publications don't even have him in the top 100 prospects.

Very easy to see a scenario where Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, David Montgomery, Benny Snell, Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Elijah Holyfield all go in front of him.

Shit, even Royce anderson and Bryce Love have a chance to go in front of him.

Its very easy to see a scenario where Henderson is available in the 3rd round. I don't really expect anyone but Josh Jacobs to go round 1.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Myles Gaskin anyone?

greg23

Liked Posts:

The back we draft will be a replacement for Howard in 2020
I dont see the bears moving Howard and his cheap salary this off season as his value is greater to the bears than it is in the trade market.

When I say compliment; I'm referring to someone who has home run ability...not a plodder like Howard (latavius Murray, lagarret Blount, etc)

napo55

Liked Posts:
Most draft publications don't even have him in the top 100 prospects.

Very easy to see a scenario where Josh Jacobs, Damien Harris, David Montgomery, Benny Snell, Devin Singletary, Justice Hill, Elijah Holyfield all go in front of him.

Shit, even Royce anderson and Bryce Love have a chance to go in front of him.

Its very easy to see a scenario where Henderson is available in the 3rd round. I don't really expect anyone but Josh Jacobs to go round 1.

Don't forget to factor in ability to pick up pass rushers. That counts for something if you want your offense to be unpredictable to the defense.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Myles Gaskin anyone?

To me he's too much like Cohen, very small, not an every down back. A very good player but I'm not sure he fills the role they'll need him to fill.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I dont see the bears moving Howard and his cheap salary this off season as his value is greater to the bears than it is in the trade market.

When I say compliment; I'm referring to someone who has home run ability...not a plodder like Howard (latavius Murray, lagarret Blount, etc)

Howard's salary went up to $2mil this year, which really isn't that cheap relative to the RB market.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

But that's Tarik Cohen...