White Sox, Hector Sanchez Agree To Minor League Deal

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox, Hector Sanchez Agree To Minor League Deal
By Steve Adams | December 14, 2015 at 3:15pm CST

The White Sox and former Giants catcher Hector Sanchez have agreed to a minor league contract with an invite to Major League Spring Training, Sanchez’s agent, Felix Olivo, announced on Twitter.

The 26-year-old Sanchez has spent his entire career with the Giants, totaling 637 plate appearances across parts of five seasons while serving as a backup to Buster Posey. Sanchez hit .267/.299/.370 from 2011-13 over a span of 401 PAs, but that production slipped to .192/.230/.301 in 236 PAs from 2014-15. The deteriorated offense, as well as the emergence of Andrew Susac, made Sanchez a non-tender candidate in San Francisco this winter, and the Giants did indeed elect to let him become a free agent.

Sanchez has caught 26 percent of the runners that have attempted to steal on him in his career and has drawn roughly average reviews from pitch-framing metrics over the course of his big league tenure. The White Sox project to use Alex Avila and Dioner Navarro as their primary catchers in 2016, but Sanchez will make a quality depth piece that could be stashed in Triple-A, where he’s a .255/.313/.367 hitter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/white-sox-sign-hector-sanchez.html

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cheap backup alternative. I recall he showed possibilities of being an everyday average to slightly above average catcher but was blocked by Posey. I have no hopes in our ability to develop him, but it's a low cost shot at a possible decent reward.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cheap backup alternative. I recall he showed possibilities of being an everyday average to slightly above average catcher but was blocked by Posey. I have no hopes in our ability to develop him, but it's a low cost shot at a possible decent reward.

What about Nieto? I really think that he has a chance to be a pretty good hitter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was granted FA and is now a Marlin

Damn. He was the only guy in the nuch that I thought had a future as a major league catcher.