Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like Josh Vitters to be called up but that's not happening. It's sad D. Lee isn't performing this year, he'd be more likely to be resigned.

I understand he's only 20, but based on the fact that he hasn't been great in the minors, and he seems to get injured a lot, I would guess that we will never see Vitters in the majors.

Just my opinion though, I know a lot of people still believe in his bat.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand he's only 20, but based on the fact that he hasn't been great in the minors, and he seems to get injured a lot, I would guess that we will never see Vitters in the majors.

Just my opinion though, I know a lot of people still believe in his bat.

I am not very high on Vitters, but I think he will at least make the majors because of how the Cubs have pushed him with promotions. I think we can expect to see him in the MLB in 12 or 13.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
adam dunn or pena

a man can dream cant he

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this stage.. to me they are equal.

At least with Vitters you get something for the future. I think that we will see Colvin at 1B next year though. It depends if we get CC or Dunn. I know you don't think we will, but I am sure that we will.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least with Vitters you get something for the future. I think that we will see Colvin at 1B next year though. It depends if we get CC or Dunn. I know you don't think we will, but I am sure that we will.

Oh sure for the future.. Im referencing for 2011.. I see us getting a cheap stopgap to make sure Vitters is ready.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh sure for the future.. Im referencing for 2011.. I see us getting a cheap stopgap to make sure Vitters is ready.

Yeah, I'm referencing 2011 too. If we play Vitters(which actually, we'd probably play Rami at 1B and Vitters at 3B), we get him playing time. Which would help in the future. If we do get a stopgap, which I wouldn't mind, as long as we get CC, I think it would just be till we get Fielder or Gonzo.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want Fielder. He's the type of player that doesn't age well at all. He's fat, below average defensively at 1st (Plus his limited mobility doesn't help matters), and as he gets older and he starts to lose his athleticism and power, he's useless.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want Fielder. He's the type of player that doesn't age well at all. He's fat, below average defensively at 1st (Plus his limited mobility doesn't help matters), and as he gets older and he starts to lose his athleticism and power, he's useless.

This.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Vitters? lol

You guys act like he is just some awesome player. He is fragile. He gets hurt every year. His numbers are not that impressive. Get Vitters out of your head. He will just be another first round bust. Actually he already is. He will be nothing more than platoon type player if he ever makes it.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Vitters? lol

You guys act like he is just some awesome player. He is fragile. He gets hurt every year. His numbers are not that impressive. Get Vitters out of your head. He will just be another first round bust. Actually he already is. He will be nothing more than platoon type player if he ever makes it.

How can you call a kid who doesn't have a ML at-bat a bust already?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
My vote is other, but I'd like to see Tyler Colvin at first. He's plenty capable of playing it, and it would open up a spot for Brett Jackson and/or give Fukudome a chance in 2011 to "trick" another team in the league into trading for him at the deadline (since we can't get rid of his abysmal play at this point).

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters? lol

The dude is 20 years old and he is playing in AA. He's putting up barely below average numbers. He's hardly a bust.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vitters? lol

i disagree.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pena>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lee

I wonder what kind of deal Pena will want. He isn't really having a good season.

Would he take a deal like Adrian Beltre did with the Red Sox? Pay him for one season so he can prove himself, and then let him cash in. He would hit plenty of homers at Wrigley, and could be the Carlos Boozer of that big 1B free agent class in 2012.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
could happen that way, remember its going to have to be a sweet deal for the cubs.

Got teeth? Keith doesn't.

JoeHawks is a fine gent
Liked Posts:
I wonder what kind of deal Pena will want. He isn't really having a good season.

Would he take a deal like Adrian Beltre did with the Red Sox? Pay him for one season so he can prove himself, and then let him cash in. He would hit plenty of homers at Wrigley, and could be the Carlos Boozer of that big 1B free agent class in 2012.

Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Pena is proven, he averaged 39 HR 108 RBI 89 R 95 BB and a .252/.382/.553 line from 2007 through 2009. He just had a god-awful start to this year (.185/.300/.333 through May 19th) and has hit .261/.376/.564 over the last month and a half or so and is still having a decent year.