Why hasn’t Tabor been canned yet?

WestCoastBearsFan

ST’s were godawful last season and ended up costing us in the biggest game of our season. Tabor for some reason has escaped criticism throughout the season and I can’t figure out why. He should be shown the door because we cannot afford another season of terrible ST play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SiDe WaYs

ST’s were godawful last season and ended up costing us in the biggest game of our season. Tabor for some reason has escaped criticism throughout the season and I can’t figure out why. He should be shown the door because we cannot afford another season of terrible ST play.

He wasn’t the one that was kicking though

Rob219_CBMB

special teams is almost evaporated from the game of football. Could say that Tabor did catch some heat from Nagy during the season tho...

BobInIndy

The role of ST has reduced in the past few years, but the impact of penalties when we receive the ball and the impact of missing tackles when we kick the ball is still there.
I sure seemed anxious whenever our ST was on the field.
I wonder if there are any metrics on how well they actually performed.

TL1961

You want to fire a coach because the placekicker missed a kick?

Do you think ST's coaches have a huge effect on FG accuracy?

TheeUndyingFan

My favorite teams
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
He wasn’t the one that was kicking though

Tabor had Parkey's back all season long beyond the normal coach speak, claiming he knew Parkey better than anyone else and he would be fine. He wasn't. He should follow Parkey out the door.

HeHateMe

I <3 hairy bears
Donator
Tabor had Parkey's back all season long beyond the normal coach speak, claiming he knew Parkey better than anyone else and he would be fine. He wasn't. He should follow Parkey out the door.
But who is going to take over has head coach of ST? Nagy?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
I don’t think Tabor HAS to be fired.

But 2/3 of Parkey, O’Donnell, and Tabor need to be gone.

dennehy

The Bears were 5th in average punt return yards and 10th in average punt return yards given up. With the way kickoff returns have decreased, that's probably the most important special teams stat that the coordinator has some control over (however they were 26th in defensive kickoff return average and dead last in kickoff average). So a good punt team both ways and a terrible kickoff team both ways.

I haven't watched the return against NE or the blocked punt but obviously those hurt. Not sure who's blame on those.

Not sure that's worthy of a pink slip but certainly on notice re: kickoffs. One thing is that Tabor probably doesn't have access to his two best kickoff returners in Tarik and Eddie.

WestCoastBearsFan

The Bears were 5th in average punt return yards and 10th in average punt return yards given up. With the way kickoff returns have decreased, that's probably the most important special teams stat that the coordinator has some control over (however they were 26th in defensive kickoff return average and dead last in kickoff average). So a good punt team both ways and a terrible kickoff team both ways.

I haven't watched the return against NE or the blocked punt but obviously those hurt. Not sure who's blame on those.

Not sure that's worthy of a pink slip but certainly on notice re: kickoffs. One thing is that Tabor probably doesn't have access to his two best kickoff returners in Tarik and Eddie.
Bears definitely have a personnel issue at ST and we need to find a quality return man this off season

TezMaKai

Special teams directly cost the Bears the new England gand, the Miami game, the number 1 seed in the NFC, and our first post season game in nearly a decades.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk