Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not me. They teach him how to do it. It's not rocket science, either he does or he doesn't. Same with Parkey.

And if Tabor wasn't capable of teaching Parkey anything? That said, our ST weren't great in all aspects. Tabor has not been good. You are implying that coaching doesn't help QBs. Of course it does.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And if Tabor wasn't capable of teaching Parkey anything? That said, our ST weren't great in all aspects. Tabor has not been good. You are implying that coaching doesn't help QBs. Of course it does.

No, I'm implying all they can do is teach them, as I said. They can't make them do things correctly under pressure. Parkey knows all the fundamentals of kicking. He practices it everyday. Missing a 43 yarder is on him if the snap, hold, and blocking are good.

I wasn't commenting on Tabor overall. I wrote a long post earlier in the thread that argued he did ok, not good, and that his seat should be warm.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he kicks it different under pressure, a good coach can help with that as well. If not, it's on him to tell Nagy and Pace that there is no help for the guy. He's not completely blameless unless these things happened. They sent Parkey to Soldier field to fix how he kicks there. They addressed the problem improperly.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If he kicks it different under pressure, a good coach can help with that as well. If not, it's on him to tell Nagy and Pace that there is no help for the guy. He's not completely blameless unless these things happened. Theys sent Parkey to Soldier field to fix how he kicks there. They addressed the problem improperly.

Tabor doesn't pick the players. If anything, it's on Pace for giving Parkey that ridiculous contract and they were stuck with him.

You have no idea at all what Tabor told Nagy or Pace.

What do you mean they addressed the problem improperly? He missed kicks that he should have made and probably should have been replaced earlier if not for $ issues. It's really that simple.

Finally, an ST coach is mostly responsible for schemes and discipline, not psychology.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Agreed... he needs to go... ST was literally atrocious. Cohen bailed this guy out with his play in the return game...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If nothing else, he's on thin ice. I expect Parkey and Megashank to be gone.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are only a handful of difference making ST coaches in the whole league. If Nagy feels Tabor has done a good enough job, then fine, keep him. I know it's shocking but I kind of trust his judgement over the mopes in this forum.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tabor doesn't pick the players. If anything, it's on Pace for giving Parkey that ridiculous contract and they were stuck with him.

You have no idea at all what Tabor told Nagy or Pace.

What do you mean they addressed the problem improperly? He missed kicks that he should have made and probably should have been replaced earlier if not for $ issues. It's really that simple.

Finally, an ST coach is mostly responsible for schemes and discipline, not psychology.

giphy.gif

No one absolved Pace of anything but GMs do listen to their coordinators. They are also responsible for whatever a player needs to perform. A QB throws a few picks and the OC tells him to go ahead and keep chucking it when he gets gun shy. It's part of the job. If you don't think coaching has a lot to do with the mental approach to game, I don't know where else to go here.

To be more specific, you can tell Parkey that he's trying to hard and we appreciate that but it's causing these mechanical flaws so only think about planting here and keeping your head down etc. Simple swing thoughts. If you are pretty sure that it won't work, you make a strong point to your GM for a change but Parkey got that money for a reason. He's been better than he was for us this year. His career average was 85% before this years 76%. He made 91% last year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You want to fire a coach because the placekicker missed a kick?

Do you think ST's coaches have a huge effect on FG accuracy?

yes. Ball was caught by the holder with laces facing in, he had to rotate the ball. Ball was blocked(touched) which could have been in part because of a blocking issue. Parkey rushed his kicking leg. All things a good coach helps prevents