Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
While I do have a LinkedIn page I have not taken the time or effort to get a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account. In fact, I personally hate even the thought of facebook. To me besides the the whole find some booty thing, it’s just a bunch of nosy mufuckas.

I could give a damn about people from highschool or that I used to work with. If we ain't comunnicating now then obviously we weren’t that close in the first place. Who cares what the hell you been doing the last 5-10 yrs it hasn’t involved me or isn’t helping better my life so bounce.

Same thing in the streets, I hate when peeps come up to you like "remember me from highschool or member me from way back when"? I just givem the gas face and be like yeah so what.

If the kids wanna play with that shit then fine but to me most people are too old to be out tryin to make new friends to "hang out with"? and all that dumb shit

It really bugs me out at the info people will put on the internet about themselves. What happened to hittin up the bars, the thrill of the chase, out on the scene and shit?

Not to mention when you see these chicks friends and it’s hella dudes on there you gotta assume she done smashed with at least a 1/3 to 1/2 of these cats and here another cat is gettin excited to run up in it.

NO THANKS!!!!!!!!

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe you haven't been around long enough to actually realize that people lose connections through no fault of their own.

Anyone looking to hook up based upon a message board profile gets what they deserve.

Last edited:

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am not a big Phil Collins fan.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While often compared to elvis Costello, I think huey Lewis is much darker in his satire.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not enough dank memes.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Umm...thanks for your thoughts I guess? The only thing I use facebook for is organizing large gatherings (it's considerably easier than actually texting 50 people).

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As a Facebook rape victim, I concur.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree about facebook. I just recently signed up for one to stay in touch with some people about my dad's funeral but 90% of facebook isn't even real discussion, it's women sharing pictures of "the perfect man does this..." or guys sharing pictures of "here's proof our guns are being taken away". I unfollowed all the annoying people and there's really nobody left lol I definitely won't be checking it very often.

Twitter though, I do like. It's nice to be able to hand pick the sports insiders, bloggers, musicians, whatever that you actually want to read things from without dealing with real people's relationship problems.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rapebook.... a social media site that allows rapists and their victims to keep in touch....

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
My company gets most of our employees from social media advertising and networking. If you want to cruise around and look at the bad side, that's great. Certainly, there are people who want you to know what restaurant they are eating at and what dish they have chosen. Like almost anything else, it can be a waste of time or useful.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I once Went through SERE school. After that I cut all social media.

Aso

Liked Posts:
I agree about facebook. I just recently signed up for one to stay in touch with some people about my dad's funeral but 90% of facebook isn't even real discussion, it's women sharing pictures of "the perfect man does this..." or guys sharing pictures of "here's proof our guns are being taken away". I unfollowed all the annoying people and there's really nobody left lol I definitely won't be checking it very often.

Twitter though, I do like. It's nice to be able to hand pick the sports insiders, bloggers, musicians, whatever that you actually want to read things from without dealing with real people's relationship problems.

I agree with this completely but as a 21 year old, having 49 facebook friends definitely makes me feel like an outcast when other people will have like 2,000+.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a facebook account to keep in touch with relatives as I moved to a different part of the country. Rarely do more than say hi to cousins periodically.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
I once Went through SERE school. After that I cut all social media.

I bet I can describe the exact room you were in when the decision to cut it out became clear.... :lol:

This is the closest thing to social media I have.