Why Trubisky Won't Put Up Big Numbers This Season

jive

Liked Posts:
The reason why Trubisky won't put up big numbers this season: He doesn't have to.

Our defense is really good, and that's the reason why Trubisky won't have to put up big numbers to win games. If our running game improves as well, even more so.
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but one of the reasons why he put up big numbers is because he had to. The defense in KC was bad, and they had to score alot of points to win. If you take a look at QBs purely from stats, you'll see many top performers come from either losing teams or teams with bad defenses. Garbage time, playing against a prevent defense, and calling more passing plays due to game flow, all pad stats.

If you have a strong lead, and your defense is playing well, then all the offense has to do is kill time and give the defense a rest from there. No need for long bombs, high risk passes, or no huddle offenses. I would be concerned if we're making 40+ passing attempts a game consistently, because it's usually an indicator that were playing from behind. A dominant win is where you get your 3-4 TDs, punish the opponent to the point they become one dimensional, and then tee off on the QB if they try for a big play. Maybe give them a little underneath stuff to kill time and give false hope, and then run the ball down their throats until you take 3 victory formation plays.

If Mitch can eliminate his mistakes like poor reads and over throwing receivers, while continuing what he does well, we'll be just fine. If the running game improves, even better. Mitch doesn't need to lead the league in passing or TDs. It probably won't happen anyway because our defense is so good and may even be better this coming season.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If the D is as good as last year, he's going to put up gaudy stats.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
What an odd OP.

Big plays were available to him in Week 1 and 2 which would have secured the win in GB and devastated SEA by halftime by far more than 10-3.

That's going to be true most weeks regardless of how well the D is doing.

I don't know much but I am certain that if the Bears were up 24-3 instead of 10-3 in Week 2 vs. SEA then I bet almost anything the D's stats would end up worse that week as the halftime adjustments would have been completely different.

TL;DR: The Defense is irrelevant to whether or not Mitch makes big plays that are available to him. If he does put up bigger and elite numbers, count on the D sliding back in their yearly rankings.

JTaylor072

Liked Posts:
Nagy is going to run an aggressive dynamic offensive gameplan - regardless of the D. He did it last year with an inexperienced (in his system) offense. Why would he not be even more aggressive this year? It is up to Mitch to take advantage, be better than last year, lead the offense to better production.

Trubisky has the opportunity to be top 5-10 stat wise, and this team has the opportunity to be very special if he can.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The excuses get more and more weird

I think Trubisky is going to be better next year, but I also think the accuracy thing isn't over either. That being said, if he doesn't get much better watch how weird the excuses get. Remember how crazy they were with Cutler? It will be waaaay worse.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is going to run an aggressive dynamic offensive gameplan - regardless of the D. He did it last year with an inexperienced (in his system) offense. Why would he not be even more aggressive this year? It is up to Mitch to take advantage, be better than last year, lead the offense to better production.

Trubisky has the opportunity to be top 5-10 stat wise, and this team has the opportunity to be very special if he can.

Agreed. Nagy is going to want to continue to make a name for himself in this league, and he's going to do that by putting up a lot of points. I don't think he has much to do with the defense, so his baby is going to be the offense, and he wants to make a statement.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I heard its easier for a QB to manage a game when his defense gives up 0 points. Like Pernell McPhee running off the field after forcing a 3-and-out and telling Jay Cutler "Don't let them score!"

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really could care less what Mitch's numbers end up being if the Bears win 12 again this year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy (& Pace) aren't here to groom a game manager. And yes, he'll have to make more plays this year. The defense, as good as it is, probably won't be statistically as good--and probably nowhere near as healthy. The defensive TD's won't be as plentiful this year. The D bailed out the inconsistent and mediocre offense last year pretty regularly--it'll be on the O & Trubisky to develop and win some games as opposed to the D getting the job done.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
A good qb is going to put up "numbers" regardless of his team.

He may not have to be Dan Fouts but he will still put up numbers.
OP has a point though. Maybe his title should have been "Why Trubisky won't put up BIG numbers?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The reason why Trubisky won't put up big numbers this season: He doesn't have to.

Our defense is really good, and that's the reason why Trubisky won't have to put up big numbers to win games. If our running game improves as well, even more so.
Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but one of the reasons why he put up big numbers is because he had to. The defense in KC was bad, and they had to score alot of points to win. If you take a look at QBs purely from stats, you'll see many top performers come from either losing teams or teams with bad defenses. Garbage time, playing against a prevent defense, and calling more passing plays due to game flow, all pad stats.

If you have a strong lead, and your defense is playing well, then all the offense has to do is kill time and give the defense a rest from there. No need for long bombs, high risk passes, or no huddle offenses. I would be concerned if we're making 40+ passing attempts a game consistently, because it's usually an indicator that were playing from behind. A dominant win is where you get your 3-4 TDs, punish the opponent to the point they become one dimensional, and then tee off on the QB if they try for a big play. Maybe give them a little underneath stuff to kill time and give false hope, and then run the ball down their throats until you take 3 victory formation plays.

If Mitch can eliminate his mistakes like poor reads and over throwing receivers, while continuing what he does well, we'll be just fine. If the running game improves, even better. Mitch doesn't need to lead the league in passing or TDs. It probably won't happen anyway because our defense is so good and may even be better this coming season.

It's a good point but one some on here just won't be able to understand. Now there are some offenses/Coaches who just love to put up huge points on offense no matter how many points the other team has on the board but it didn't seem like Nagy was that kind of coach which is kinda surprising coming from the A.Reid tree cause he loves putting up points.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Maybe if OP gave a top 100 reasons why Trubisky doesn't need to put up 6000 yards,passing 80 TDs and 1 pickle?

This place is gay for rankings

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It's a good point but one some on here just won't be able to understand. Now there are some offenses/Coaches who just love to put up huge points on offense no matter how many points the other team has on the board but it didn't seem like Nagy was that kind of coach which is kinda surprising coming from the A.Reid tree cause he loves putting up points.

You lost me with this. Pretty sure ALL coaches just want to win. Not sure there is a coach in the leage that thinks "hey we lost but RB X fucking crushed it bro!"

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
You lost me with this. Pretty sure ALL coaches just want to win. Not sure there is a coach in the leage that thinks "hey we lost but RB X fucking crushed it bro!"

You just don't understand. Some OCs like John Shoop simply don't WANT to put up huge points. I'm sure in the interview process when asked "what is your offensive philosophy?", the prospective OC says "It's a mix of things, but I definitely do NOT want to be scoring points."

dabears70 might be the worst poster here...even moreso than xer0h0ur.