Why Trubisky Won't Put Up Big Numbers This Season

jive

Liked Posts:
If this were the case then the TB game would not have happened. The Bears were crushing them early and continued to pour it on until the 4th.

As I said he won’t need to match TD v TD in a defenseless airshow but Trubisky should still be able to score 30+TDs and 4K yards.
I think the TB game is a good example of what I'm talking about. That was probably our most dominant win of the season. In the first half, Mitch made 21 pass attempts. In the second half, he only made 9 pass attempts. There was no need to really pass in the 2nd half because we had such a commanding lead. Why give the other team a chance to come back by risking a pick 6 or an interception that gives good field position? No need when you're up that much.

If the Bears dominate like they did in the Tampa game, then we should expect Trubisky's pass attempts to be reduced in the 2nd half. Thus, lower numbers. He should be able to score 30 TDs and 4K, but he may not need to do that in order for us to win or dominate.

jive

Liked Posts:
If MT doesn't put up good or very good numbers then there is a problem. I think the OP is either incorrect or the Bears have a problem at QB.
If you have a good defense, the QB doesn't need to put up spectacular numbers.

Troy Aikman had mediocre numbers, but has rings because his D was good.
Peyton Manning had mediocre numbers when he won his second SB with DEN because it was the D that carried that team.
Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco had Trubisky like numbers when SEA and BAL won the SB. Both teams had stellar defenses.

There's many QBs that put up better stats than Trubs, but have losing records because their defenses suck. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgersm Case Keenum, Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, and Derek Carr all have better numbers than Trubisky. However, their teams have awful defenses which means that they are usually throwing the 4th quarter instead of trying to run the clock out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the TB game is a good example of what I'm talking about. That was probably our most dominant win of the season. In the first half, Mitch made 21 pass attempts. In the second half, he only made 9 pass attempts. There was no need to really pass in the 2nd half because we had such a commanding lead. Why give the other team a chance to come back by risking a pick 6 or an interception that gives good field position? No need when you're up that much.

If the Bears dominate like they did in the Tampa game, then we should expect Trubisky's pass attempts to be reduced in the 2nd half. Thus, lower numbers. He should be able to score 30 TDs and 4K, but he may not need to do that in order for us to win or dominate.

The Bears dominated and yet it was his best statistical game...I'm not sure how this helps your argument.

jive

Liked Posts:
The Bears dominated and yet it was his best statistical game...I'm not sure how this helps your argument.
48 to 10. Even though Trubs had strong stats, they didn't need to score that much in order to dominate. 7 of those 10 points came in garbage time. Most of Trubisky's stats came in the 1st half, and he didn't need to perform to that level in the 2nd.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, we'll get a look at Trubisky in 2 months & 2 days. And it will count in 3 months. I cannot wait to see how this thing plays out.

I don't see any use in comparing him to Elway or Aikman.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be honest I think the Philly game proved we need him to put up numbers no matter how good the defense plays.

The only thing that the Philly game proved to me was that Pace really fucked up by keeping Parkey around when he could have jettisoned his ass earlier in the season and that the Bears' offense really needs to stop putting up clunker halves of football. Some people will say its the chess game of football being played between head coaches that are very in tune with what each other wants to do. I can concede that to a degree but I have a hard time believing it wasn't possible to do better. Perhaps that is just me expecting too much out of a new squad seeing its first playoff action but I know I am going to expect more this coming season.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only thing that the Philly game proved to me was that Pace really fucked up by keeping Parkey around when he could have jettisoned his ass earlier in the season and that the Bears' offense really needs to stop putting up clunker halves of football. Some people will say its the chess game of football being played between head coaches that are very in tune with what each other wants to do. I can concede that to a degree but I have a hard time believing it wasn't possible to do better. Perhaps that is just me expecting too much out of a new squad seeing its first playoff action but I know I am going to expect more this coming season.
come on, that can't be the only thing be honest

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, really that was about it. Nagy for some reason or another didn't put the ball into Mitch's hands enough. Or simply was too cautious with his game plan. Then again I seem to be forgetting and ignoring the fact that Burton's injury really fucked his game plan at the last moment. Who knows what could have been if Trey would have been healthy and played that game.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Is Chapman on the team right now? Also, that team would not have won with out their young guy that won MVP and is still on the team.
And they might not have won without their 105 MPH reliever.

And how many World Series have they won with that MVP player and without that 105 MPH rental?

How about let's revisit this AFTER the Bears have won their first recent Super Bowl?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
No, really that was about it. Nagy for some reason or another didn't put the ball into Mitch's hands enough. Or simply was too cautious with his game plan. Then again I seem to be forgetting and ignoring the fact that Burton's injury really fucked his game plan at the last moment. Who knows what could have been if Trey would have been healthy and played that game.
It’s kind of concerning losing one player, Burton, was able to fuck up our entire game plan. It’s not like he’s an all world TE either, Burton was a solid dependable TE but not some elite TE. He’s about average IMO.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s kind of concerning losing one player, Burton, was able to fuck up our entire game plan. It’s not like he’s an all world TE either, Burton was a solid dependable TE but not some elite TE. He’s about average IMO.
Shaheen is a DUD though.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except that average TE, mind you he's average after never having been a starter, was a staple in Nagy's offense. Because he was a solid route runner, pass catcher and what I never expected even a solid blocker. Couple that together with being a focal point because of Nagy's penchant for trickery and you can see why a single player can greatly impact a game plan that had already been put in place and suddenly needed to be changed literally on game day. Sometimes the threat of a play is just as important as what actually happens. So Burton being missing from the field certainly removed plays from the game plan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Horrible. Remember how TE was supposed to be a strength going into last season.

I thought Burton was perfectly average for a #2 flex TE and produced about what I was hoping for.

The fact that we got NOTHING from the other TE spot was a huge issue. Shaheen was just a body and Sims was a trainwreck.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I thought Burton was perfectly average for a #2 flex TE and produced about what I was hoping for.

The fact that we got NOTHING from the other TE spot was a huge issue. Shaheen was just a body and Sims was a trainwreck.
Agreed. Burton became a sort of comfort safety blanket for Mitch and the first half against Philly shows he needed that dependable easy completion for decent yards. I just don’t get how Nagy was only able to find 1 matchup to exploit in Burton and couldn’t muster up anything else.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears can get by with 2 #2 TEs...but that is asking a lot of Shaheen at this point

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Bears can get by with 2 #2 TEs...but that is asking a lot of Shaheen at this point
Maybe Dax Raymond shows up?? Idk TE needs an upgrade regardless of what happens this season.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you have a good defense, the QB doesn't need to put up spectacular numbers.

Troy Aikman had mediocre numbers, but has rings because his D was good.
Peyton Manning had mediocre numbers when he won his second SB with DEN because it was the D that carried that team.
Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco had Trubisky like numbers when SEA and BAL won the SB. Both teams had stellar defenses.

There's many QBs that put up better stats than Trubs, but have losing records because their defenses suck. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgersm Case Keenum, Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, and Derek Carr all have better numbers than Trubisky. However, their teams have awful defenses which means that they are usually throwing the 4th quarter instead of trying to run the clock out.

I get your point. Sure, if the Bears win the SB no on will care about MT’s numbers. Oh, there will still be some here, but we get that. And I don’t think the number needs to be gaudy top 5 numbers. But I think he has to be top half and he should be top 10. So, I still believe, SB victory season exempted, he had to have a good-very good year. The Bears don’t need any doubt that he is their guy. 20th in the league won’t cut it.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Don't care about the numbers. Wanna see him not badly miss wide open receivers. Continue the great 3rd down %. Get more comfortable leading receivers. And process the defense better.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think 30 tds and 4K is a pretty good year.