Why Trubisky Won't Put Up Big Numbers This Season

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If you have a good defense, the QB doesn't need to put up spectacular numbers.

Troy Aikman had mediocre numbers, but has rings because his D was good.
Peyton Manning had mediocre numbers when he won his second SB with DEN because it was the D that carried that team.
Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco had Trubisky like numbers when SEA and BAL won the SB. Both teams had stellar defenses.

There's many QBs that put up better stats than Trubs, but have losing records because their defenses suck. Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgersm Case Keenum, Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, and Derek Carr all have better numbers than Trubisky. However, their teams have awful defenses which means that they are usually throwing the 4th quarter instead of trying to run the clock out.

Keep this in mind, sometimes these Qb's put their "D" in bad positions with turnovers, drive-killing incompletions, low 3rd down conversion rates etc.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
The only stat I care about is Wins.

If Trubisky can do the following, the Bears will be just fine.

1. Decrease turnovers
2. Complete high percentage of 3rd downs
3. Capitalise on high percentage of RZ chances

I don't care if Trubisky throws 25 or 35 touchdowns or if he throws for 4000 or 5000 yards - if he is doing the above things well, the Bears are winning the division.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
God damn Rory. I usually enjoy your posts but that is straight up stupid.

My analogy was how it is always more significant winning the first ultimate prize (Super Bowl or World Series) than worrying about being able to win the prize the second or third time.

I was confused by the whole "watching the Yankees" part of your analogy. It still makes no sense. About the nicest thing I can say about your post is that it definitely belongs in the CCS Cubs forum.