Will we get dumped to NBA TV?

sdeezy

Liked Posts:
Someone brought this up on the RealGM board, every year, it seems like the least interesting series is shafted to NBA TV, i looked around and it might damn well be us. U know its not gonna be LeBron, its not gonna be the Celtics matchup either. So that leaves our possible series against Orlando or the Hawks-Heat Matchup. Do they go for the big city lure or will Wade be too much to pass up?

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Sure, some of our games may drop down to NBA TV, but the league loves Dwight Howard, and so do the fans. At least half the games will be on national TV.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
man, i don't have nba tv, we better not get bumped. i'd prob think the c's before dwight though, it's his coming out party.

cool007

Liked Posts:
IMO, why not just put Boston/Philly on the NBATV??? It will be SUCH A BORING series.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
IMO, why not just put Boston/Philly on the NBATV??? It will be SUCH A BORING series.

Because they are the defending champions, and it's unlikely that the league will dump the defending champions onto NBATV though it would be the right thing to do considering the match ups.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
we more than likely will get bumped to NBA tv, but if that effects anyone here i'll be able to stream the game for them

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
No chance this happens imo. Chicago is a huge market, they would lose a ton of revenue if they dumped it on NBA tv. They will work it out.

Most likely series to go on NBA TV is Mavs Nuggets.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:

that's gonna be really boring. magic vs bulls gonna be beast, like atlanta vs boston last year, only bulls gonna win

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
They dumped Bulls vs. Wizards on NBATV for one game in 2005.

I don't think we will get dumped because of the buzz around our series about a potential upset, as well as Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard both being in the series.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
charity stripe wrote:
No chance this happens imo. Chicago is a huge market, they would lose a ton of revenue if they dumped it on NBA tv. They will work it out.

i think they dropped toronto to NBA TV one year...i think toronto's market is bigger than ours.

just looking at the rest of the matchups, we're the most boring one compared to a veteran proven pistons team (only they arent proven b/c they'll be missing their post important piece from that championship team)going against the defending champs, then you have lebron...and well, he's lebron. and i'd also say the NBA values flash more than they value superman...that leaves us our series (as it currently stands) as the least important series.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
i think they dropped toronto to NBA TV one year...i think toronto's market is bigger than ours.

no toronto's is dwarfed by chicago's.

chicago is one of the top three to five markets in the nba, and have one of the highest revenues in pro sports (due to JR's cheapness partially though)

the 2005 series was in chicago's dead days, but there's tons of interest in the bulls/magic series. it's like dallas/golden state, they're not moving it because of the upset chance.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
btw, detroit's going against cavs, def gonna show that.

boston vs sixers isn't very exciting, i can see them dropping that for a game.

i think the ones they'll consider moving are boston/sixers, mavs/nuggets. those are the most boring series in my eyes.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:

no toronto's is dwarfed by chicago's.

chicago is one of the top three to five markets in the nba, and have one of the highest revenues in pro sports (due to JR's cheapness partially though)

the 2005 series was in chicago's dead days, but there's tons of interest in the bulls/magic series. it's like dallas/golden state, they're not moving it because of the upset chance.
the city of toronto itself is already a decent size by itself. then i think wehen you factor in that toronto is the only team in canada, that it pushes toronto's market size into the same level as chicago's. i could be wrong, but i really doubt we're dwarfing toronto's.

Gene

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter to me. I think CSN picks up all Bulls games for the first round anyways. If anyone lives outside of the Chicago market and can't catch the games I can probably download them and upload them for anyone interested.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
no, canada's not really huge on b-ball either way, they got the nhl. and dwarf might be a hyperbole, but yeah, ours is huge, and toronto's is about average.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
no, canada's not really huge on b-ball either way, they got the nhl. and dwarf might be a hyperbole, but yeah, ours is huge, and toronto's is about average.
yeah, but how much of canada really needs to be "into" basketball for them to start to enter chicago's market range?

plus i think a city with 2+ million people has more than just an average market size

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well you could always get NBA League Pass. Though Adam Bricker from Bullscast hates it with a passion. But idk how good it actually is.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Well you could always get NBA League Pass. Though Adam Bricker from Bullscast hates it with a passion. But idk how good it actually is.

NBA TV games are blacked out on league pass.

Wade Wilson

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Bulls heard the board's concerns and are takin' the L tonight so they can play the Celts and make sure the games don't get bumped to NBATV