Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
do you mean to tell me joan baez didnt have sparklers taped to her titties?
the only pyrotechnics around back then were Joe Dirts list of fireworks....
whisker do's
whisker dont's
etc etc

https://www.quotes.net/mquote/49317

"whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?"

Based on either the kid's game, the 80's band, or the rough translation of Danish "do you remember me".

mf6IZwZgX_pyBEbGQ9Bj1eQ.jpg

220px-HuskerDuNewDayRising.jpg

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
https://www.quotes.net/mquote/49317

"whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?"

Based on either the kid's game, the 80's band, or the rough translation of Danish "do you remember me".

mf6IZwZgX_pyBEbGQ9Bj1eQ.jpg

220px-HuskerDuNewDayRising.jpg
i am now well versed. thanks.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what I fuckin meant

Sure did. Then I counterpointed you. It is how the whole message board thing works.

What I meant is no one really needs any of those things any more in 2019 than they did in 1969 and to say that is all music is about in 2019 is just as ignorant in 2019 as it would have been in 1969.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The performers at the orginal didn’t need pyrotechnics, huge light shows, dancers and auto-tune.

I have zero love for any of that garbage, but one could say the same thing about Jimmy hendricks and his distortion or effects.

giving an opinion on music is the exact same as giving an opinion on other drivers. Anyone slower than you is a moron, anyone faster than you is a maniac.

Any music in MY preferred genre and time frame was groundbreaking and innovative.
All music before was primitive bones on rock bullshit.
All music after is overproduced, electronically manipulated garbage.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I have zero love for any of that garbage, but one could say the same thing about Jimmy hendricks and his distortion or effects.

giving an opinion on music is the exact same as giving an opinion on other drivers. Anyone slower than you is a moron, anyone faster than you is a maniac.

Any music in MY preferred genre and time frame was groundbreaking and innovative.
All music before was primitive bones on rock bullshit.
All music after is overproduced, electronically manipulated garbage.
Except that my taste in music is superior to anyone else

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard his son jumped rather than have to listen to "wonderful tonight" one more time.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why not re-live one of the most unbelievable music festivals of all time. MMMMMM “gourmet cheese sandwiches”

590383042f6ae4ae108b46b6-750-563.jpg

Join the ongoing disaster at Replay’s Fyre Festival pop-up

Friday, May 3 - Sunday, May 19
Replay Lincoln Park
It’s the opening weekend of Replay’s newest pop-up bar theme, this one devoted to the infamous Frye Festival, with live palm trees, cabana rentals, frozen cocktails, and -- of course, “gourmet cheese sandwiches” -- plus opening night DJ sets. What could possibly go wrong?
Cost: Pop-up admission free; VIP tickets for opening night (May 3) $22

https://replaylincolnpark.com/chicago-lincoln-park-replay-lincoln-park-events

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I was at Woodstock 25.

I remember thinking it was a dumb idea and the entire thing being sponsored by Pepsi immediately dismissed any thought of them "rekindling the spirit". That said...it was a great line-up for 1994 and no one was doing those kind of multiple day festivals on that grand of a scale. So it went down as a really fun show for those with the stamina and love of mud.

In 2019...there are a flood of these kind of festivals and seems now more than ever like it is just a cash grab on a famous name and a really dumb idea.

JV, Have to disagree, Summerfest in Milwaukee was putting on some serious festivals back then and they still are. It's been awhile, so my memory is not what is was, but I did see Santana that yr, who I believe was at the original Woodstock.

Now it wasn't the original Woodstock, but if you look at the line up on the link, I think it's a better line up...

https://www.setlist.fm/festival/1994/summerfest-1994-23d690db.html

I'm a Bears fan in Wisconsin, but Summerfest in Milwaukee is one of the best music festivals out there.