Would you trade Hinrich for Mavs' J.Howard?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I was just thinking a minute ago about Bulls possibly trading Hinrich on draft night, basically to a franchise that needs Point Guard production, for a nice under-rated Shooting Guard. Well, some of our flaws this year were highlighted, like not having a "true big" that can score down-low or not having a player we could bring off the bench for solid scoring. Interestingly enough, our chances to address them flaws has just got better indeed. If we trade Hinrich and both of our draft selections to the Dallas for Josh Howard, this increases our chances to acquire Bosh or Wade. Plus, in the meantime, Howard scoring could add depth to our back-court for next season. This gives Rose another player to defer to, you obviously can't never have enough options. I figure Dallas pulls the deal because Kidd probably won't come back since they're not true contenders. Our picks should give Dallas flexibility to answer other questions on their roster. From Bulls perspective, look at it as salary dump. Do you see it happening and would you approve?

PG: Rose - ?VeteranFreeAgent?
SG: Gordon - Howard
SF: Deng - Salmons
PF: Ty.Thomas - Miller
C: Noah - Miller

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Re:What you trade Hinrich for Mavs' J.Howard?

I can't see Dallas making this trade because it would signal a rebuilding phase that Cuban seems hesitant to ever enter. The time for him to acknowledge they weren't contenders and start over was after they were beat in the playoffs last year.

On our end while I'd like to do this, simply because it would make our team significantly better, I don't know if the Bulls would. If we're building for the future I don't know how much it would help to add a 29 year old to play alongside Rose.

TheStig

Liked Posts:

Howard is not a SF and the mavs have good point guard play. They will keep Kidd as he is well liked and won't cost nearly as much and will give them more than kirk anyway. However I would still do the deal because Howard would be the best SF on the team and has an option for next year. This would be great return on investment for Kirk, give us insurance for Deng and a good asset. That being said, the Mavs wouldn't do this at all. They have plenty of undersized guards and Howard is one of their better players and they would be getting a bad return for him.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:

I remeber Pax said in a interview that we wouldnt be interested in Howard on his team,this was around the time when Howard had the issues with the national anthem..I just cant think for the life of me who the interview was with does anyone else recall this ?
I realize Pax isnt the GM anymore but im sure he has say in the moves we make.

dynastyVI

Liked Posts:

It'd be an awesome trade for the Bulls. I think we'd be lucky to get rid of Kirk for an expiring contract. Kidd hasn't been that good in Dallas, but Cuban likes him, so he'll hang around. Same with Howard, although he hasn't been as good these last two years.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:

first, howard is the starting SF, not SG. antoine wright starts for the mavs. so i can't see us putting that much money into a backup SF, even if he's behind deng. it's just a ridiculous figure for deng and howard. plus, howard seems to not be a john paxson sort of player, so i can't see this happening.

Rose1

Liked Posts:

Great find Soul Eater, I remember when him and some drunk guy was bashing Howard. Bullsman24 is so wrong on Howard being a pure SF. Howard is talented enough to lay sG just like the Mcgrady's and Salmons of the world. Artest is a pure SF. Know your basketball before you start trying to correct people on players true positions. Howard is a wing.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:

Thanks for the confermation Rose1 i thought i was losing it.lol I remember them laughing at Josh and saying he wouldnt want him on the Bulls and how this a great country and all that kinda stuff.

Rose1

Liked Posts:

SouL EateR wrote:
Thanks for the confermation Rose1 i thought i was losing it.lol I remember them laughing at Josh and saying he wouldnt want him on the Bulls and how this a great country and all that kinda stuff.

Exactly, I think it was 670 score on something. Overall, I don't think Josh is a bad guy. I come from the same environment him and Derrick Rose came from, and so many other African American athletes. I think males with a unfortunate background tend to fall and point fingers at the general society. I'm not going to get into that whole topic but it;s definitely some shady stuff that has taken place over the past years that's bigger than sports. I don't look at Howard as being a Terrell Owens or Pacman Jones. He's a cool guy from all accounts that I've heard. He has bad name in the Republican/wealthy society for keeping real.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:

I have my own shady thoughts of the country and the way its ran so i cant really blame him or call him a bad guy for speaking his mind.Just think Pax was doing the all american stand up kinda guy act a lil bit but he has the say so so i doubt Josh is ever a Bull.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

I wouldnt do that. Howard has battled some injuries as well as he is an idiot.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:

I'm not sure this is a trade that really addresses either team's needs. What I do find fascinating, however, is how far both of these guy's trade values have dipped in the last two seasons.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

PJ Brown wrote:
I'm not sure this is a trade that really addresses either team's needs. What I do find fascinating, however, is how far both of these guy's trade values have dipped in the last two seasons.

Oh agree 100%

Josh went from all-star to a guy who went on a crazy video spree and a injury filled year. As for Kirk well we know lol, however he did a good job since he came back from the wrist injury.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:

As much as Josh Howard is a good player we can't do an Isaiah Thomas and just start adding the best talent we can find. I say we try and copy 2 blueprints, the best is like our Dynasty Chicago Bulls, grab 2 of the top 15 players in the league 1 being top 5. Right now we have a possible top 5 or more likely top 15 in Derrick Rose, we need one more. If we can't get that player we have to build a team around a top 15 player and 2 other border line allstar caliber players. The rest should be players that fill a roll. We can't sign or trade for guys who are going to lock up our roster and handcuff us when the opportunity to get that top5 guy happens, like 2010. It would be nice signing Howard or Okafor but since we gave that money to Deng who is the third piece right now whether he actually is on the court or not, we can't sign them. Rose is the other piece so we have to use our next big move on a guy we think is good enough to pair with Rose/Deng to make a run at a Chip. Unless we can move Deng our next big move has to be a guy in Bosh or Amare's category, not JHoward or Okafor.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I wanna correct myself after checking out Howard's contract. It ends after 2010 season but it isn't that bad and if you swap Hinrich for him then it is the same except going up 1mil but it is a shorter contract than Kirk's. If we lose Gordon this would be a great move. But even if we sign BG not bad actually, Okafor's contract is much worse makeing 13-14 mill for many years.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
what would we do with 3 injury prone sfs? why would we want 3 sf contracts that no one wants? howard, deng, and thomas. god damnit that would suck.