Wow, I've never seen so many people jump ship...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna have to go with the Philly fan on this one, honestly.

It's one loss. We still have control of the series with home ice advantage, and it took the Flyers OT just to get a win over us. Not worried yet.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Thats OK. Here in Chicago we dont have fake heroes like Rocky Balboa. We have real heroes like Michael Jordan.

BTW, complaining isnt the same thing as jumping ship. Im pretty sure that people will continue watching in spite of the concerns people are expressing.

I didn't know Dr. J, Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke were fictional. Saying Rocky Balboa is a Philly icon is like saying the giant bean in downtown Chicago is an icon. Just because tourists idolize a statue doesn't mean the locals do too. I don't know how many times I've rolled my eyes while passing the art museum because somebody was flailing their arms around and jumping at the top of the steps.

As a matter of fact, I've never seen any of the Rocky's.

Lex L.

Liked Posts:
I didn't know Dr. J, Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke were fictional.

Who is that? Did they co-author a self-help book?

Saying Rocky Balboa is a Philly icon is like saying the giant bean in downtown Chicago is an icon.

Giant bean?

Just because tourists idolize a statue doesn't mean the locals do too.

Did tourists put the statue there?

I don't know how many times I've rolled my eyes while passing the art museum because somebody was flailing their arms around and jumping at the top of the steps.

Yeah, I saw something about how this can be annoying in the additonal material to the last Rocky movie.

If you ever decide to watch them, Id avoid Rocky 5 and maybe a few that preceded it...but especially Rocky 5. The first one is a classic and the last one was good too.

TeamToews

I didn't know Dr. J, Bernie Parent and Bobby Clarke were fictional. Saying Rocky Balboa is a Philly icon is like saying the giant bean in downtown Chicago is an icon. Just because tourists idolize a statue doesn't mean the locals do too. I don't know how many times I've rolled my eyes while passing the art museum because somebody was flailing their arms around and jumping at the top of the steps.

You sure you're not one of those people running up the steps and punching an invisible punching bag? For some reason, I can picture you doing that pretty much everyday.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I thought the 'Hawks would win in 5, losing game 3 in Philly and finishing it out at home. Nothing I've seen has changed that prediction.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Don't you dare question the greatness of the bean in Chicago. I will rip your lungs out.

STEAL

Liked Posts:
Giant bean?
chicago-bean.jpg

Did tourists put the statue there?
No, Stallone did for a movie.
Before Rocky III, released in 1982, Sylvester Stallone commissioned A. Thomas Schomberg to create a bronze statue of Rocky.[5] Three 2-ton, 10-foot copies were cast. One was installed atop the steps for the filming of Rocky III and was ultimately relocated at the bottom of the steps. The other was later listed on eBay with a starting bid of US$5,000,000 to raise funds for the International Institute for Sport and Olympic History, but has failed to sell at that price or several times since at $1 million.[6]
After filming was complete, a debate erupted in Philadelphia between the Art Museum and the City's Art Commission over the meaning of "art." City officials, who argued that the statue was not "art" but a "movie prop," eventually moved it to the front of the Wachovia Spectrum in South Philadelphia.
It was later returned to the Art Museum for the filming of Rocky V, Mannequin and Philadelphia, then brought back to the Spectrum. The statue was replaced with a simple set of Converse sneaker footprints with words reading "Rocky" above them.
On September 8, 2006, the Rocky statue was returned again to the Art Museum and placed on a pedestal in a grassy area near the foot of the steps to the right of the Museum. The unveiling ceremony included live music, the debut of the first full trailer for Rocky Balboa, and a free showing of the first Rocky movie. At the ceremony, Mayor John Street said that the steps were one of Philly's biggest tourist attractions, and that Stallone, a native New Yorker, had been gladly adopted by Philadelphia.
In Rocky Balboa, when Rocky told Paulie that he is going to make a come back, Paulie suggested "You mad because they took down your statue?" which Rocky denied.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hopefully this wakes up some hawks fans so they stop putting the hawks on a pedestal and decreeing them the greatest team ever

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
Hopefully this wakes up some hawks fans so they stop putting the hawks on a pedestal and decreeing them the greatest team ever

you would hope so. is anyone else surprised we have seen nothing from hawks4realz/teamtoews/dismagic? im not. fucking douchbag.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
you would hope so. is anyone else surprised we have seen nothing from hawks4realz/teamtoews/dismagic? im not. fucking douchbag.

they are as existant as Toews and Buff in this series

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
oh ya....i wonder why? :shifty:

i guess me and steal are the only people here who believe that those accounts are all the same person. :dunno:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Hello.....