Wow surprised no one mentioned this for our

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
DEFENSE

Lindsey Hunter as our assistant coach to take over for Del Harris. He and Rose have a great relationship and Hunter was always a solid defender.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
love the move. Lindsey has a keen sense of what goes on from a player prospective. Hopefully Hunter and Del Negro don't clash with the personalities.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Well, I'm pretty sure Hunter to the bench has been mentioned. I'm not sure he would even be considered to technically "replace" Harris, as much as Opiecka (sp?) gets bumped up to #2 and on down the line, with Hunter getting the last spot on the bench. I'd be happy to bring in another veteran defensive coach or even a big-man type coach, but I see no problem with giving Hunter a chance as a first-year assistant.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
love the move. Lindsey has a keen sense of what goes on from a player prospective. Hopefully Hunter and Del Negro don't clash with the personalities.

Doubt they would clash. Vinny praised Hunter on many occasions. I emailed Sam Smith to ask if the Bulls have been considering it. If they bring Meyers back I will be pissed. Give him a job upstairs and out of sight.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
Well, I'm pretty sure Hunter to the bench has been mentioned. I'm not sure he would even be considered to technically "replace" Harris, as much as Opiecka (sp?) gets bumped up to #2 and on down the line, with Hunter getting the last spot on the bench. I'd be happy to bring in another veteran defensive coach or even a big-man type coach, but I see no problem with giving Hunter a chance as a first-year assistant.

He looks like a head coach down the line.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
Obviously, I don't know him personally, but he strikes me as a guy with head coach potential. I've always like Lindsay and was pretty impressed with the role he played with the Pistons. He has the aptitude and seems to have the right attitude.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
What makes me mad is Gar Foreman hasn't made headlines to get Tyrus some help on the offensive end. He clearly looks like he never played ball before when he gets in the hot zone with the ball. He either takes contact in a wild manner and don't hit rim, or he just charge by going wild!

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
What makes me mad is Gar Foreman hasn't made headlines to get Tyrus some help on the offensive end. He clearly looks like he never played ball before when he gets in the hot zone with the ball. He either takes contact in a wild manner and don't hit rim, or he just charge by going wild!

I care more about more rebounding and more defense from him. Lindsey played with some of the bad boys and could make TY and Noah grow some.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Damn, nice call Newskool. I can't believe I didn't think of that. He was basically a player-coach this year anyway. His spot was right next to Bernie on the bench, and he was in the coaches huddles most of the time during game breaks so I think it's just a natural progression for him. I'd love to see Lins back next year.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I'd like Randy Livingston. Ben really turned the corner under Livingston's instruction.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be honest, I've never thought of this. I like it. Derrick and maybe even Ben if he stays could benefit from his teaching.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
They offered him a coaching position I believe.

I sincerely hope he takes it then.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I believe they also offered him a roster spot though, and he'd make more as a player, so it depends if he's ready to retire.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I believe they also offered him a roster spot though, and he'd make more as a player, so it depends if he's ready to retire.

Avery Johnson did this in Dallas.