You scream then you laugh--watching #29 run

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cohen's ability to not go down, and just switch directions and stretch the play for large gains . . . It's ridiculous. I'm sure people get super frustrated, much like the days of Hester going backwards or just side to side, but man is Cohen fun to watch. If anyone can find the run play where Mitch "blocks" by standing in the way, please link it!

Just keep the ball in your hands #29!

[video=youtube;ue-6HKnu0Lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-6HKnu0Lg[/video]

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cohen's ability to not go down, and just switch directions and stretch the play for large gains . . . It's ridiculous. I'm sure people get super frustrated, much like the days of Hester going backwards or just side to side, but man is Cohen fun to watch. If anyone can find the run play where Mitch "blocks" by standing in the way, please link it!

Just keep the ball in your hands #29!

[video=youtube;ue-6HKnu0Lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-6HKnu0Lg[/video]

I've been saying this for years. Cohen has the ability to do what Hester never could with his change of direction. He's an absolute unit. Many CCS posters said he would get literally KILLED at the NFL level SMH.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
The most exciting player to watch on the Bears imo. He has some annoying habits he has to clean up but he can do anything with the ball in his hands.

Monster

Liked Posts:
He causes stress... no doubt.
Should come with a warning.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The most exciting player to watch on the Bears imo. He has some annoying habits he has to clean up but he can do anything with the ball in his hands.

I agree here. I've seen him several times to continue to go horizontal, when if he just decided to go vertical as he had a block, he'd have much larger gains. He likes to really go to the outside. I can't remember which game, but it was a seemingly obvious choice (from my chair) where he had a blocker on an opponent and could have gone up, but chose to try and go further towards the edge instead resulting in minimal gain.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I agree here. I've seen him several times to continue to go horizontal, when if he just decided to go vertical as he had a block, he'd have much larger gains. He likes to really go to the outside. I can't remember which game, but it was a seemingly obvious choice (from my chair) where he had a blocker on an opponent and could have gone up, but chose to try and go further towards the edge instead resulting in minimal gain.

He can be coached up on this. He's not dumb.

Staleydabear1938

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can be coached up on this. He's not dumb.

absolutely! His instincts are amazing, which is probably what infuriates people b/c he refuses to be conventional and just go up, lol.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I've been saying this for years. Cohen has the ability to do what Hester never could with his change of direction. He's an absolute unit. Many CCS posters said he would get literally KILLED at the NFL level SMH.
I have to eat a little crow on this one. I predicted that the Bears would draft him ... in the 7th.

I was way off.