young qbs..

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hogan Hundley should be a number one prospect in 2016...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, I read that too. Looks scared and weak-armed. I tend not to throw hope away until the kid has time to show development. If he doesn't start getting confidence and snap in his throws over the course of this year and next, then sure I too will be wondering what young QBs there are. We won't need to draft a QB until two seasons at least due to Cutler's contract. (and health ... :nervous: )

You know how many starting QBs in the NFL were drafted after the 2nd round?

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Marcus Mariota: Jr. Oregon

Jameis Winston: So. Florida State

Bryce Petty: Sr. Baylor

Brett Hundley: Jr. UCLA

Christian Hackenberg: So. Penn State

Dak Prescott: Jr. Mississippi State

Rakeem Cato: Sr. Marshall

Jacoby Brissett: Jr. North Carolina State

Bo Wallace: Sr. Ole Mississippi

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
We already drafted Fales.

Seriously, if they didn't take Jimmy G in the second this year they are not drafting a QB early anytime soon.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I got a lotta ticket, so guess I can quit my job now.

grenade007

Liked Posts:
Jacoby Brissett- NC State. Started his career at UF and thrown into playing duty too early, but still had some success. Extremely talented guy that even traveled to Wolfpack away games on his own dime last season during his redshirt year, so a leader as well. Will have 2 years to make noise in Raleigh. Tons of potential, but still has to prove himself.

kemuon

Liked Posts:
Would be awesome if the Bears drafted Wes Lunt in three years, lives about 20 miles from me and we played him in 7 on 7

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Marcus Mariota: Jr. Oregon

Jameis Winston: So. Florida State

Bryce Petty: Sr. Baylor

Brett Hundley: Jr. UCLA

Christian Hackenberg: So. Penn State

Dak Prescott: Jr. Mississippi State

Rakeem Cato: Sr. Marshall

Jacoby Brissett: Jr. North Carolina State

Bo Wallace: Sr. Ole Mississippi

Nice list. I'd luv to see get Jameis Winston ( he's a helluva leader). Yeah, the Cubs would've won the World Series b4 that happens.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Brett Hundley is one I really like. Hogan from Stanford is sneaky good, just when I think I hate Hogan he does something that makes me not hate him and wonder what his potential is. Mariota is overrated. Sean Mannion from Oregon State is another surprise kid I'll be watching this year too.

Those are the Pac-12 guys I'll be watching.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Nice list. I'd luv to see get Jameis Winston ( he's a helluva leader). Yeah, the Cubs would've won the World Series b4 that happens.

I hear he can get a serious discount on crab legs, BK sodas, and vagina. Leader material all the way.

I remember way back when real leaders weren't afraid to take what they wanted. Remember when Joe Montana shoved a rack of lamb in his pants and exposed himself to the cashier? Classic leader move.

Remember when Erin Rodgers hid Clay Matthews' sausage by shoving it in his pants?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't care about this year's QB draft class as there is a zero chance the Bears take one high unless something catastrophic happens. I will say any team that passes on Famous Jameis will regret it.

My favorite QB prospect to look out for is Christian Hackenberg at Penn St.

Thee QB guru has spoken...

chefbear65

Liked Posts:
I hope their scouting was good on David Fales and he will be groomed on a long-term development plan to be the next franchise QB.
Emery specifically noted drafting a late round QB for "development" is a boondoggle and essentially a waste if a draft pick. If you take that seriously, it is pretty clear Fales was brought in as a back up. The staff likes him for his football knowledge and exp in a west coast offense. They're planning for Cutler to stay healthy, so I'm guessing Fales is here because he projects as a good "life coach" or "clipboard QB" and not as a hypothetical replacement for Cutler.

Emery is very much like Belichick in that he goes after players specifically for the role he envisions them playing on the team, rather than just gathering players that fit a single positional "ideal"

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Mike Hawk.

Been a dark horse but will come out of nowhere.