Your Final Decision on Howard

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Four months AFTER the assault on the girl in the hotel, he punched a guy in the face at an Ohio resort. Both of these are being reviewed by the league.

This guy seems like a real shit-bag.

Well to be honest, if the guy was an Ohio State fan, I'm sure it was warranted

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If we land hunt trading Howard would make sense. If all we get back is a 5 maybe keep him and trade him after hunt suspension is over.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not that can't use him properly, it's just simply that Howard is a dying breed in this league. He's a younger version of Blount

Well Blount has a ring....... I really wish howard could backup hunt or whatever but he will want his payday

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I live in the SF Bay Area and this sounds exactly like the fans who continued to support Ruben Foster, incident after incident. We all know how that turned out. Talented as he is (and as Foster is) it's not realistic to expect Hunt to change. The fact is, you can't rely on him to be available when you need him.

the latest charges on fostet have been dropped. just saying... i wasnt there, you werent there.... if the bears can deal with marshall, they can deal with hunt.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I like Howard but obviously the writing is on the wall, and no way we give him a new contract after this year.

Trade him for what you can, possibly sign hunt and plan on drafting someone. Some nice backs have come out of 3-4th round.

A FA I'd look at is Bilal Powell and I've always liked Rod Smith as a fit for a back they could work for us

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sign Hunt and keep Howard. You can never have too many weapons on offense Nagy could have a 3 headed monster out of the back field for dirt cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sign Hunt and keep Howard. You can never have too many weapons on offense Nagy could have a 3 headed monster out of the back field for dirt cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yall are acting like Howard will want to play behing Hunt.

napo55

Liked Posts:
the latest charges on fostet have been dropped. just saying... i wasnt there, you werent there.... if the bears can deal with marshall, they can deal with hunt.

True, the charges have been dropped, but Foster will be suspended and will likely continue to mess up---- just as we shouldn't expect Hunt to change his ways. Again, these kind of individuals are just not reliable, and the team takes a big gamble in signing them for any kind of substantial money.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
True, the charges have been dropped, but Foster will be suspended and will likely continue to mess up---- just as we shouldn't expect Hunt to change his ways. Again, these kind of individuals are just not reliable, and the team takes a big gamble in signing them for any kind of substantial money.

Why shouldn't we expect him to change? How do you know he wont?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

jesus says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. why cant hunt change? if he comes cheap, i say sign him. its football. i dont care that hunt will never win WP man of the year.
the bulls got dennis rodman and hos fruity ass got us 3 rings
the cubs signed aroldis and got a championship.
lets sign hunt and lift this lombardy bruh.
who are we to judge?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
How about sign Hunt, keep Howard considering Hunt is likely to be suspended. Then trade Howard to a team in need of a RB close to the trade deadline. Will likely be a team hoping to make a playoff push, and could get the Bears better trade value in the process.

Exactly this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well Blount has a ring....... I really wish howard could backup hunt or whatever but he will want his payday

There are about 20 RB's with rings that played with Brady. Blount was pretty much benched after his fumble vs the Falcons.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Four months AFTER the assault on the girl in the hotel, he punched a guy in the face at an Ohio resort. Both of these are being reviewed by the league.

This guy seems like a real shit-bag.

Yeeeaah... Multiple red flags are a huge issue. I like Howard. I like that catching was his weakness, he worked on it and it wasn't an obvious issue on the field like the previous season. Maybe he could be better at it to be a better fit in Nagy's offense, but I hate to see the Bears lose a good football player

I guess some of it depends on the type of contract Hunt is going to get. If it is a cheap, prove it deal, I would hold onto both. If Howard is motivated while Hunt is suspended he either increases his trade value before the deadline or gives you a reason to keep him for the remainder of the season for a playoff run. Then resign or hope for a comp pick.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
At this time there isn't enough information. I would shop Howard but wouldn't take less than a 5th since that's basically what they'll get as a comp pick if he walks next year.

Can't make a decision on Hunt until you know his suspension length.

At this point I'd say keep him and draft a replacement. Gives you a year to see what you have in the rookie and you can get the comp pick for Howard in 2021.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would keep him for the last year of his rookie deal and then let him walk. He’s a great goal line back. He almost always converts inside the five yard line. That is a valuable asset to have. He’s also tough to stop outside when the weather is cold. Ask the Rams.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Keep Howard unless some team offers a 3rd, then I could see it. Let him walk after the season. Let Nagy find his guy in the draft in the 3rd/4th that can take the reigns once Howard is gone.
A 3rd? No one is going to offer a 3rd. Hell, Nick Foles is probably going to net a 3rd and he has a bit more value I would think.
Maybe have the coaching staff continue to work with him on his pass catching abilities and draft a RB you think can take over if he doesn’t improve.
Not sure why Ryan nall isn’t being considered for at least a backup role. He did show something in the preseason, more than Mizzell did, in my opinion

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Howard's cap hit went up nearly 3x so that changes the dynamic a lot. Trade value got worse because of that, and it hurts the Bears being able to re-sign a guy like Amos/Callahan.

I think in the end Pace will end up keeping Howard and letting him walk and aim for a comp pick in 2020. Draft a RB in the 5th/6th to go on PS for a season for depth.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy had figured out how to use Howard in a few games
Yeah, I saw that when Howard would get going real good and then Nagy would sit him for a quarter...really knew how to use him.

It really really sucks as Howard is one of my favorite players but Nagy either cant use him properly or just doesn't know.

If we could trade howard and get something for him that would be great but i doubt it happens. Then sign D̶a̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶V̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ Hunt. Hopefully he gets his act together and stays away from underage hos
Same sentiments here I'd say. But, really, the Bears need feel no pressing need to unload Howard even if they bring in Hunt or even get a rookie in the midrounds that they feel strong about. Howard doesn't make a lot, and neither Hunt or a rookie back would command a lot.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Our coach put Benny Cunningham in a playoff game. Let that sink in.