Your most random Bears memory....

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I can't remember if it was a run or a pass but I have this vague memory of Neal Anderson breaking this long play where he dives into the endzone by the pylon to win a game either on the last play of the game or in OT... I wanna say it was vs the Giants or maybe Detroit. If someone can confirm this actually happened that'd be cool. I can never find it on youtube anywhere but I swear I remember watching it back in the day...

He did do that vs the Giants.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Dennis McKinnon, Leslie Frazier with basically carrier ending injuries in the SB. That dude that caught the field goal jumping into the stairwell on Monday night. Walter Payton playing QB, Henry Burris playing QB, TO getting what 22 catches in a game against us.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
A buddy of mine and myself used to go to an arcade in carol stream called Galaxy World on north ave. in the early 90's.
Street fighter 2 was where we spent our time.
Walter Payton used to bring Jarrett in, and he was a fan of the game as well.
He would put his token on the machine and wait for his match, and if my buddy and I were playing vs each other, my buddy would immediately throw the game so he could wait in line and chat up walter while his kid played.

That would be my favorite bears memory. My buddy bled blue and orange before that point, and seeing a guy get to actually chat up his all time favorite player for an extended period as just another guy was cool as hell. Loved Walter as a player, and respected him as a man.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When they had they the comeback victories against the 49ers and Browns I was in college (don't remember what year in school, but I was in the dorms). I was getting dinner with a buddy, and I jokingly said, "Man, the Bears are going to give me a heart attack this year." There was some girl in the elevator who laughed at the joke. About a week later I saw her at a party, and she remembered that amazing joke of mine and we got to talking. She sucked my dick. That was random.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
As a child, having to use rabbit ears to tune in a snowy picture from the South Bend station when they would be blacked out in the Chicago CBS market due to a non-sellout in the late 70's.

That reminds me of back in the late '80s/early '90s, I was living in LA. Sometimes the San Diego affiliate would show the Bears game when LA did not, so I would position the rabbit ears in every conceivable way, trying to get the picture. But it was mostly snowy static, with some game audio mixed in. I would sit and watch that crap for the entire game. Also, there was a service that allowed you to listen to the radio broadcast over the phone, which I used a few times.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Late 80's maybe 1990. Ditka has a heart attack- makes it back to sit on the sidelines for the Bears Skins game in DC. Skins had traded for All Pro LT Jim Lachey. Dent proceeds to abuse Lachey for most of the game in what was the most dominant I remember him looking. A few weeks later- Dent incurs a spiral fracture in his leg- never the same player again. Same game- Neal Anderson outran Darrell Green on a long td run.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This one is within the last decade. Grossman to Berrian. I swear every time Grossman threw the ball to Berrian, the ball would go off screen. I would sit there and immediately think it was going to be picked. Then Berrian would come out of nowhere and catch the magnificent throw of an arm punt.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
This one is within the last decade. Grossman to Berrian. I swear every time Grossman threw the ball to Berrian, the ball would go off screen. I would sit there and immediately think it was going to be picked. Then Berrian would come out of nowhere and catch the magnificent throw of an arm punt.

[video=youtube;6yQegH5pC6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQegH5pC6M[/video]

So beautiful.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
found it... @2:13
[video=youtube_share;zNpJGTqkBpE]https://youtu.be/zNpJGTqkBpE[/video]

I appreciate and miss the sheer amount of footage shown. Damn. Nowadays, it's like 3 plays. I'm sick of watching commentary all Sunday long.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Curtis Conway passing a TD for some reason.

I was super young so I don't remember it very well. Sadly he was my favorite player for most of my childhood.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
bears-cowboys in 2004 on thanksgiving day. i'm fairly young and didn't come from a big football household. that's the first time i remember forcing the family to watch the bears. there were many games after that. but that one i remember vividly - don't think i've missed a game since (except for the seahawks in 2010, maybe the game where knox was folded, but i missed a big chunk of that because i was giving first aid to someone until paramedics arrived after they conked out in the middle of a bw3's). that thxgiving game was, basically, the most atrocious display of football in the modern era. this article does it justice: http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/pr...cle_01bf1b4e-d98b-51fe-998c-9d56a144a753.html

don't care though. still have a krenzel jersey. still love thanksgiving more than any other holiday. still love the bears

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Mine is getting drunk with James Thornton at some odd ball bar in Platteville after a training camp practice in 1990. Butthead and some others were also there drinking beers and playing pool with the fans. Great time.
Harbaugh walks in all prim and proper, grabs a bottle of beer from a team mate but wouldn't drink from it, and refused to talk to any fans....just team mates.
About a half hour later, Harbaugh leaves and a wasted Thornton looks up at me and says....God is that guy a dbag.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Dec 2, 1990. The 9-2 Bears taking on a mediocre 4-7 Lions team. Bears tie the game late on a Kevin Butler FG. Goes into OT and Jim Harbaugh hits Neal Anderson deep down the sidelines for the game-winning 50-yard TD.

For some reason, I remembered this as a wheel route as a kid. I thought Anderson was in the backfield and ran an out-and-up. Ten year old me, I vowed if I ever got the chance to coach football, the first play I was going to call was going to be a wheel route to the RB isolated on a LB. I believed this was the play for years, until I saw it in recent years watching Anderson highlights. Turns out he was lined up as a wide WR and just ran past a safety, i believe. Still this was a random game that always stuck out to me.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have 2 very polar opposite game memories that always stick out for me-
2001 browns game where the bears are down 21-7 with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts. They score, onside kick, score. OT, they punt after stalling and take an INT back for a td.

... then the flip side- the atlanta game Bears up by one, Kick off, Atlanta has 6 seconds left. a 26 yard sideline completion and a field goal wins it.
The extra dig was that the bears would have been in the playoffs that year with that win.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is an odd one. It was a night game in 04 or 05 and we were laying tile downstairs trying to finish the house. I had a little tv I kept moving around to watch the game. Hutchinson was looking ok. Crazy but it stands out.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Training camp at Platteville. Payton used to take shade under the trees and BS with the fans after practice. He remembered my uncle's name from the previous training camp. My mind was Blown. Asked me what I wanted to do when I got older, RB for the Chicago bears was the only response that seemed logical at the time.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Gary Fencik clotheslining a NY Giants' receiver, causing the receiver to drop the ball & knocking him unconscious. He went down like a sack of potatoes. I believe it was 1977. Game was played on Giants home field & the field was icy. Bob Avellini was Bears' QB. The Bears won that day, clinching a wild card playoff spot. Unfortunately, they were blown out by the Cowboys the following week.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Mine was around 1970. Fencl Tufo Chevrolet had an autograph signing event with Butkus and Buffone. I was a little kid and got to meet my idol Butkus, as well as Buffone. Buffone was really nice and engaging. Butkus seemed really annoyed that he had to do an autograph signing. He just kind of grunted. Cool memory.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Great thread, lot of good Bears memories.

- Just praying to god they didn't call off the Fog Bowl because the weather was the only way we weren't gonna win that game.

- Anytime the announcers said the remarkably weird name of Ryan Wetnight.

- Donnell Woolford's rookie year, about 88-89, in like week 2 or 3 we played the Vikes and beat em good. And at one point Woolford just lays out and makes a high diving INT at full stretch. Just a real athletic play that any WR would be proud of. And i watched that and thought wow we've really got one here. I guess he never quite lived up to expectations after that, but he did go to a pro bowl i guess.

- That Thanksgiving Game in Dallas in 2004. One of the most inept Bears Offensive performances ive ever seen. They maaaybe crossed the 50 once. Maybe. But it was a car crash. I remember thinking it just can't get any worse than this. I was wrong.