Your most random Bears memory....

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
- That Thanksgiving Game in Dallas in 2004. One of the most inept Bears Offensive performances ive ever seen. They maaaybe crossed the 50 once. Maybe. But it was a car crash. I remember thinking it just can't get any worse than this. I was wrong.

Those orange throwbacks...just awful...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The husband of my mom's close friend from college was the coach at Wisconsin-Platteville, where the Bears used to hold training camp, in 1984. I got to meet about 25 players after practice one day, including Payton. On the way back to their house, we got passed on a two land rural highway by Jim McMahon and someone else. McMahon got right next to us, looked over and made a goofy face, then sped off. I was 8, and like an idiot, I got home and immediately began throwing around the ball that they gave me. Wasn't signed or anything but I ruined that ball over the next few months.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Also remember the Monday night game against the Packers, first at the new Soldiers Field in 2003 when they got blown out and just had nothing.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
Also remember the Monday night game against the Packers, first at the new Soldiers Field in 2003 when they got blown out and just had nothing.

Was that the game they wore all-navy? I remember them losing to the Packers around then when they wore all-navy uniforms.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
that was NYE 2006. We were there and wish we hadn't gone.

Yeah i actually remember that one, the SB season. But they wore the all-navy a few years before that. I thought it was around 2003. And wearing those all-navy uniforms on the opening game of the new Soldier Field is just the kind of stupid thing they'd do lol.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Keith Traylor's big interception during the "smoke and mirrors" 13-3 season in 2001.

I have never laughed so hard in my life at a football game. I still can picture in my head how wide his eyes got when he got the ball, and how the look on his face was less "aw yeah!" and more "OH SHIT, NOW I GOTTA RUN WITH IT!"

That he was trying to hand the ball off because he was gassed towards the end, and his team mates refused and instead just kept pushing him from behind made the whole thing all the more comical.

Seriously the most funny shit I ever saw in a football game. Still brings a smile to my face whenever I come across the youtube video of it.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Another good one was that one Cutler game with I think it was the Rams, where the Bears got something like 5-6 straight penalties, and yet somehow got the first down.

While it was going on, I remember someone commenting on the Bears perfecting the "reverse offense" as they kept going backwards, only for a Cutler bomb to get a first down after it was all over. Funny enough, I think the series ended in a Cutler pick. I just remember that game as being the definition of "fun bad" - where the Bears were so inept and schizophrenic it was comical.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
- Anytime the announcers said the remarkably weird name of Ryan Wetnight.

HA!

Along that same line- does anyone remember this one....

It was back in the David Terrell time.
It was cold as fuck- painfully frigid day.... in the single digits and negative with the wind chill.
I think it was houston vs. chicago, and the bears absolutely could not move the ball.

The announcers were bashing terrell, because he was tipping the defense to the play call pre snap- when it was a pass play and he was a target, he lined up normally.
On the run plays, he was jamming his hands in to his waisband as he lined up and awaited the snap.... the defender was actually leaving him uncovered when his hands were in his hand warmer and bolting in for run support- as a result, the run game was getting nowhere.

So the camera focuses on Terrells hands tucked in to his waistband, and the announcer says "Terrell is standing there with his hands in his pants all day, and all he has caught is 2 balls"

You hear the laughing start as they hit the dump button, there was silence for about 10 seconds, and then they came back on sounding giggly.

That was pretty much the single funniest announcing moment I had ever heard.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
HA!

It was cold as fuck- painfully frigid day.... in the single digits and negative with the wind chill.
I think it was houston vs. chicago, and the bears absolutely could not move the ball.

The announcers were bashing terrell, because he was tipping the defense to the play call pre snap- when it was a pass play and he was a target, he lined up normally.
On the run plays, he was jamming his hands in to his waisband as he lined up and awaited the snap.... the defender was actually leaving him uncovered when his hands were in his hand warmer and bolting in for run support- as a result, the run game was getting nowhere.

So the camera focuses on Terrells hands tucked in to his waistband, and the announcer says "Terrell is standing there with his hands in his pants all day, and all he has caught is 2 balls"

You hear the laughing start as they hit the dump button, there was silence for about 10 seconds, and then they came back on sounding giggly.

This is phenomenal. I need to find this game now...

Here is the boxscore.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200412190chi.htm

cobra302

Liked Posts:
that was NYE 2006. We were there and wish we hadn't gone.
Talk about wishing we hadn't gone! I rode up to Chicago from west Tennessee with my buddy & his wife for that game. She's a Packer fan, he & I are Bears fans. So that was the night Rex Grossman didn't prepare for the game supposedly because it was New Years Eve & they'd clinched a playoff spot. In short , they stunk up the place & we had to drive all the way home the next day listening to his wife gloat about the Packers beating the Bears. on top of that, our seats were so far up, the players looked like ants.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
HA!

Shit, in that vein:

Bonnie Bernstein field reporting and interviewing Dick Jauron, and Another person named Dick (think it was Butkus but can't remember), during a game, and for her intro on live TV, Said something to the tune of:

"Ok guys, here I am with Dick Jauron and Dick ####. Oh, two dicks! Wow!"

Instant laughter meltdown when I heard it, and even the commentaters were trying to stifle laughs.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Keith Traylor's big interception during the "smoke and mirrors" 13-3 season in 2001.

I have never laughed so hard in my life at a football game. I still can picture in my head how wide his eyes got when he got the ball, and how the look on his face was less "aw yeah!" and more "OH SHIT, NOW I GOTTA RUN WITH IT!"

That he was trying to hand the ball off because he was gassed towards the end, and his team mates refused and instead just kept pushing him from behind made the whole thing all the more comical.

Seriously the most funny shit I ever saw in a football game. Still brings a smile to my face whenever I come across the youtube video of it.

Yeah, that was some funny shit. I was at a sports bar in LA watching that and was cracking up. I must've been really loud b/c the rest of the bar looked at me, then they saw the replay and the whole bar was cracking up, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
HA!

Reminds me of when I was listening to a ucla football game on the radio. They had two brothers that played defensive line, and their last name was "Ball." They both got a sack on the same play, and the announcer yelled, "it's a twin Ball sack!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
After looking, I think that was the exact game- a safety and a filed goal and about 200 yards of offense... -8 windchill.

I was there as well. My dad had 4 tickets and wouldn't go when he saw the forecast, so I went with 3 high school buddies. Bears took the opening drive into the red zone and then Thomas Jones fumbled. They didn't do much else that game. I remember buying a 20oz bottle of Coke in the first quarter and it was frozen solid by the 2nd. Also I went to take a leak in the bathroom and my pee was steaming on its way into the urinal. It was that cold.

Only game I ever left early in my life because the Bears were putrid and I couldn't feel my body anymore. As we left we heard noise from the stadium and thought the Bears might have scored, but it was a collective groan when Chad Hutchinson either threw a pick-6 or had his fumble returned for a TD.